Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people like rhino over nezha ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

30 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

It's the one that heals.

Nez got longer duration CC and a bit of healing.

Rhino got wider range CC and a buff.

Pretty sure nezha doesn't have an ability that lasts for about 40sec and gives 100% extra dmg to my allies weapons (roar) AND then heals them as well.

because Rhino has a few advantages over Nezha. (don't get me wrong, Nezha can be fun but I'm a Rhino main so I'm on the bug guy's side here)

- Rhino is tougher, with more EHP and his defensive ability is also stronger than Nezha's

- Rhino Charge ragdolls anything that touches it, while Firewalker needs enemies to run into the flames to take damage, and CC > Damage once you hit higher levels.

- Rhino Roar buffs other player's damage with all weapons, Nezha has no buffing ability whatsoever.

- Rhino is easier to get, requiring a simple boss farm of the Jackal, while Nezha requires Dojo Research (before that, he was only available via Sorties, so that made him practically unreachable for newer players.

to me, Nezha simply feels like a baby rhino: does most of the same things, but not quite as effectively as Rhino. if you prefer him over Rhino, then good on you, but personally I'll take my Golden Palatine over most frames.

Rhino was the first frame I wanted when I first started. Why? He looked like he could take a hit, and could hit back harder. He looks like he'll smash your house down with his foot. Needless to say, when Rhino Prime came out, I was all over that Prime Access. He's still my most played frame for just about everything, save Grineer Spy Sorties.  Plus, Palatine skin looks friggin gorgeous.

28 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

Pretty sure nezha doesn't have an ability that lasts for about 40sec and gives 100% extra dmg to my allies weapons (roar) AND then heals them as well.

It doesnt. Like the post states, Nez gets duration CC and a bit of healing while Rhino gets buff and range CC.

9 hours ago, wolfsongcry said:

Because Rhino is more man looking than Nezha, that's all. So many male players needs reassurance, masculinity is so fragile...

4 hours ago, Horaciozhao said:

Because Nezha challenges a lot of people´s masculinity. He´s a slim and feminine boy. Not all, but many people just lack that sense of being a "man", if they are not using a bulky or at least muscular dude. Sad but true. And if you tell them he´s a girl, then they won´t have a problem.

Seriously? Since you both feel the need to psychoanalyse the player base, are you both familiar with the concept of projecting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Seriously? Since you both feel the need to psychoanalyse the player base, are you both familiar with the concept of projecting?

They're not entirely wrong. I'm not saying everyone feels that way, but just take a quick look at the posts in this very thread. There are a few more-than-obvious folks that would pick Rhino simply because he looks more manly, and won't pick Nezha because he doesn't. Hell, one particular post straight up called him "gay looking".

2 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

They're not entirely wrong. I'm not saying everyone feels that way, but just take a quick look at the posts in this very thread. There are a few more-than-obvious folks that would pick Rhino simply because he looks more manly, and won't pick Nezha because he doesn't. Hell, one particular post straight up called him "gay looking".

There have been 60 posts in this thread. Of those, only 3 (in the case of 2, that has been the only point raised) have made any sort of reference to the "manly"/"gay" aspect of these 2 warframes. Hardly a significant sample size to come to any sort of conclusion, much less the one about "feeling like less of a man" or what have you. By and large, the majority of people who have posted in this thread have commented more on abilities and overall tankiness before anything else. If "more tanky" implies "more manly" to anyone, then they should probably take a long, hard look at their preconceptions before commenting on those of others.

Rhino is my most played frame. I dig his powerset and his aesthetic.

Nothing wrong with Nezha, I'll probably try him out eventually... I don't dig his aesthetic though.

I never got all his parts from sorties and researching him seems a chore at this point.

That said, I'll still probably build him eventually..

...I doubt I'll like him more than Rhino though.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Also you could use both.. ex; bullet jump + double jump , throw chakram , aim glide, teleport, then roll.

Or you could throw the chakram , then jump in which ever direction you like then teleport , you'll carry on the same momentum before the teleport.

except sliding with maglev is way faster(fan the crouch button don't hold), and a slide roll is even crazier. Also why would you even need to move that fast? Wouldn't you just end up way ahead of your squad? I am more of a team player myself.

Edited by Murkar

I'd say it's boils down to ease of access. 

They play much differently though.  I don't really have a preference though. Both are fun.  Right now I enjoy playing all of the frames pretty much the same.  I generally really get into a new frame and play it to death then go back to playing all of them fairly equally.  

I enjoy Nezha for low to mid play. I have him built for high strength, low duration, and armor. With that build, the warding halo is enough to kill by itself from Earth to about Phobos. There is something addictive about killing things by running past them at top speed.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nezha is my favorite frame, he has everything I could ever want . He's fast , durable , can teleport , has a lot of cc , && can give others shields . Also with the right weapons to complement him he is so powerful . So what Im asking is why is he hated and less liked than rhino . I'm not really asking whos the better frame ( because it's obviously nezha :P) I wanna discuss why rhino is more popular.

Because Rhino is an original Lotus branded Warframe coming from generations of high quality warframes.

Nezha is just a cheap made in china.

8 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I personally played with male players who refused to use female Warframes because they were females. Try to read reviews of games with female main characters, you will read lots of comments like "I hate this game, you can't force me to use a female character!". I'm not saying that everyone who likes Rhino have this kind of troubles, but this is a real thing, sadly. It's not a matter of aethetics, it's real misogyny. 

3 hours ago, Murkar said:

except sliding with maglev is way faster(fan the crouch button don't hold), and a slide roll is even crazier. Also why would you even need to move that fast? Wouldn't you just end up way ahead of your squad? I am more of a team player myself.

You are showing a bit of noob there.

The faster you move the less accurate enemies are, so Nezha when moving at plad speeds doesn't need as much protection as Rhino since the enemies can't hit them.

And yes it is actually part of the game and coded like that.

It was said already but i'll repeat:

Easy to get, easy to play, easy to master.

Rhino is as simple as it gets. Nothing special, pure and simple brute strength. And looks apropriate too.

Also he actually has some armor so he can survive for some time without the abilities.

35 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

You are showing a bit of noob there.

The faster you move the less accurate enemies are, so Nezha when moving at plad speeds doesn't need as much protection as Rhino since the enemies can't hit them.

And yes it is actually part of the game and coded like that.

Any enemies around me are dead anyway so its kind of hard for them to shoot me... Also Octavia is way more fun and skillful than these frames :highfive:Also I'll just say why does anyone care what others think about their favorite frames? They are all pretty fun too play and everyone has their own favorite frame that is special to them and compliments their game play.

Edited by Murkar

Rino is easier to get, overall tougher and more straightforward. Their kits somewhat overlap, true. Ultimately it's personal preference. Rhino is my least used frames, when I've got it I was noobish and slow and I dreaded slow, clumsy warframes. Later I've got much better and now it's hard to even notice do I use slow or fast frame, however, my dislike of rhino somehow remained.

Nezha, on the other hand, I love and use often, his ice skating slide passive is massive fun if you learned to occasionally hit slide button while moving (you should btw) and are using lot of maiming strike slide attacks with melee (also, you should probably ; ) he's fast and elegant, therefore needs far less protection. I have no problem using it for his looks, after all I look like rhino irl, no need to look like that in game as well ; ) 

The Warding Halo augment Safeguard makes Nezha a much better babysitter. That and the only frame I am missing is a Rhino Prime, so a regular Rhino doesn't appeal to me. If I need pure survivability I take my tank-spec Inaros. If I need the support I take my Nezha; anything you can Stomp CC, I can Spears CC.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nezha is my favorite frame, he has everything I could ever want . He's fast , durable , can teleport , has a lot of cc , && can give others shields . Also with the right weapons to complement him he is so powerful . So what Im asking is why is he hated and less liked than rhino . I'm not really asking whos the better frame ( because it's obviously nezha :P) I wanna discuss why rhino is more popular.

I wouldn't say Nezha was hated by any means.  He's just not as popular.

As to why:
-Rhino has far better CC.  He can stomp, move to a different area, and then immediately stomp again to CC more enemies.  Nezha is limited to CCing one group at a time and whenever he recasts his 4, or the timer ends, he has an animation that put a stops to whatever you're doing in order to end the first cast.
-Rhino can become far tankier than Nezha could ever hope to be.  Sure Nezha can buff allies with a tiny amount of protection, but Rhino can get much higher protection and draw aggro away from team-mates.
-Rhino's first ability have overall better utility and CC than Nezhas FireWalker ability.  First it ragdolls, second with an augment it buffs his armor like none other (which helps his IS), third it combos with his other abilities.
-Rhino has a buff ability natively while Nezha requires an augment to be able to buff allies.  And that buff goes for a very long period of time and can have a rather high multiplier.
-Rhino handles better.  Most players don't like slipping and sliding around everywhere with almost no control of their movements.

I'm not saying Nezha is bad or anything.  I enjoy playing Nezha a fair amount.
It's just that largely Rhino does a better job than Nezha can.  Especially in the CC and Tank department.

On 28/3/2017 at 3:39 PM, wolfsongcry said:

Because Rhino is more man looking than Nezha, that's all. So many male players needs reassurance, masculinity is so fragile...

Wow, now taking a strong-appealing frame means masculinity is fragile. All those LGBT bs are seriously brainwashing people minds...