Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nullifier change, changed nothing

malekas

The main point of the Nullifier change was to give slow rate of fire weapons like bows and sniper rifles a chance against them. The way that this change was put in place didn't accomplish any of that. The way that the drone resists damage, and the way that it moves around (most of the time to the opposite side of the bubble from where you're standing) make it so slow firing weapons still have a hard time. And even with this new drone it's still easier to just slowly shoot the bubble until you pop it, rather then trying to hit the drone.

5 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Yep, it's pretty redundant.

Why make another way to pop a bubble when just popping the bubble normally works just fine?
Only reason it's like this, is because the drone is resistant to critical damage, for whatever reason.

Try popping normally with a bow or sniper rifle.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Apparently its not just the changes that DE made to Nullifier that didnt change anything, the playerbase is still either too cowered or too lazy to jump into the Nullifier bubble and taking the Nullifier down directly...

Yeah guys, stop being 'cowered' ...whatever that is.

The change I still would like to see for Nullies includes a tweak to Sappers, and should work fine, with the reduced presence of Sappers. More in spoiler:

Spoiler

There was a Feedback thread that had interesting ideas for improving the Corpus, that I'll share here too:

• Nullifier adjustments: No more nullification. The bubble works exactly as it does now if you are standing on the outside, so all abilities (from the outside) will be deflected and AoEs will be blocked. However, if you step inside the bubble you will no longer have your abilities nullified. Furthermore, get rid of their Lanka and give them a Cestra [or Shotgun] instead. This would give them a close quarters leaning (which makes sense as close quarters is their weakness).
  • Sapping Osprey adjustments: Corpus have enough damage. Pretty much everything hits hard, very hard. The AoE of Sapping Osprey is a pretty "meh" mechanics and I see no one thinking of the Corpus as a less imposing faction if Sapping Osprey lost their damage. So, Sapping Osprey's orbs now are little nullification bubbles. These are the exact same bubbles that Isolator Bursas use. These block no damage (you can shoot the orb directly) but of course enemies inside the bubble are unaffected by abilities. They also have the ability to stick to Warframes if they come in contact (roll to get it off). As an additional synergy with the Corpus, Sapping Osprey could target friendly units to give them a personal bubble of protection.

Original Thread found here.

So, I like the idea of Nullifiers retaining their Bubble mechanic, just interacting differently with abilities and with those Sappers actually being 'Sappers'; sapping the effect of our abilities to slow us down and be a distraction with the pulsing waves of their mines. I was thinking that Sapper mines retain the same look as they have now, but trade damage for Dispel waves instead. But also at higher levels add the Bursa Null Bubble to what Sappers can use.

The reason I like this is because I feel that a Sapper's duties should be devoted to tasks involving facilitating movement, defense and survival of allied forces and impeding those of enemies. Let the likes of other Bursas, Ospreys and MOAs be Front-Liners with the Humans fighting at range behind them, Sapping Ospreys do not also have to be killers.

Right now as the Sapping Osprey's raise in scale it's only dealing damage really, and can be ignored at lower levels. Therefore, I'd like to see something like this for the Corpus so that their Sapping Ospreys are able to be a threat at lower levels and no longer instagib our Pets at higher levels while tweaking a bit what Nullifiers are around for.

And maybe, there could be more transparency in the nully bubbles, and have slower sapper mine pulses too, while reducing the brightness, with such tweaks.

Seems to me an easier fix would have been to just let snipers and bows have innate punch thru against nullys bubbles. Let's us just shoot the nullys inside the nullys bubble with snipers and bows, Or maybe with a punch thru mod equipped??  But oh well (shrug)

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

31 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Apparently its not just the changes that DE made to Nullifier that didnt change anything, the playerbase is still either too cowered or too lazy to jump into the Nullifier bubble and taking the Nullifier down directly...

Because after spending a lot of time building my Peaceful Provocation up to 80%, the first thing that I think of is to jump straight into a Nullifier bubble.

1 minute ago, malekas said:

Because after spending a lot of time building my Peaceful Provocation up to 80%, the first thing that I think of is to jump straight into a Nullifier bubble.

Inaros feels your pain :P

Spoiler

i-know-that-feel.jpg

Not at all, it changed a lot. No more nullie bubble through walls, this was really annoying and unfair. Now you can destroy the drones and render the nully invalid for the rest of his life, especially at high level it's really good because before and even now if you did not kill him quick enough the bubble will form againm which would take you back to square 1.  I think they even made them so the won't be able to overlap anymore, but I haven't tested this yet. 

28 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

They just fixed a bug with the drone being immune to crits so it should be easier now. 

Its fine now. If you have a single shot weapon and a good aim the job is done.

sure sometimes the drone is very hard to hit but still a very nice way to deal with ease most of the time.

but i still think bows and snipers should just punch through the bubble or burst it in a couple shots. Is bad design when high rof weapons di the work straight better without taking into account damage, elements or anything else

1 hour ago, aliifghjkl said:

Or, what if they made so that punchthrough works on the bubble? It would be easier and it fit the mods description as well.

PunchThrough go through the Bubble and Magnetic Procs cause it to implode converting Shield into Damage to the Corpus Nullifier unit its self. :3

At higher levels the nullifier drone has more HP than the bubble and the nullifier himseof combined.  It's easier and quicker to just shoot the bubble directly and just ignore the drone, due to the assigned stats on it and the scaling.

These stats were not an accident as far as I can tell, DE took a LOT of time to choose the specific stats they put on it.

They didn't just copypaste another enemy's stats in, or just pull numbers out of the air without any thought behind it.  These are professionals.

Working as intended, as far as I can tell.