Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dex Nouchali is gorgeous but i wont be able to use it (Arcanes)

Jukantos

Hello fellow Tenno, hello (hopefully) anyone on the DE team reading this.

First off, let me thank you for the Dex Nouchali. It is a beautifull Syandana, and on top of it a free Syandana with a good looking decent sized metallic ornament that isn't a Prime Accessory (albeit i admittedly own two of those too)

But unfortunately it also revives one of my biggest Quality of Life problems with Fashionframe, the issue of Arcanes. I would LOVE to use the Dex Nouchali, heck, i have Warframes that would DEFINITELY look better with it in my opinion than with my Uru Prime (Nekros) or Citadella Prime (Vauban) Syandanas. Unfortunately though, i've split ~3500 platinum worth of arcanes (10x Avenger and 10x Barrier) between them, so i pretty much feel obligated to use them on... well EVERYTHING, to receive the bonuses ive paid so much for.

It's even worse with the helmets. I've put some arcane sets on the helmets of very specialized frames (Trickery on Ash, Guardian on Valkyr, Strike on Nova) but it's a massive inconvenience time and time over and over again. The amount of syndicate points ive burned and still havent been able to try out all the combinations i'd want to play with, let alone own them all simultaneously, is quite a shame.

As of right now, roughly 95% of my Syandana Collection goes almost completely unused and i only use a single helmet for certain Warframes, when i'd love to mix it up quite a bit more, simply because there are Arcanes bound to them.

So, here's the classic proposal: Can we get 2 Arcane Equipment slots completely untethered from our cosmetics? pretty please?

It's a completely non-powercreeping Quality of Life Change but it would change so much for certain players like me who feel excluded from the true endgame Fashion Frame to a quite significant degree because we want to stay on the optimum our collection can do for us (especially if we've invested as much as i have)

We could add two arcane slots in the top left and right corner of our warframe upgrade loadouts, clearly distinguish them from mod slots by giving them the half-circle look the arcanes themselves have, and keep them invisible until at least one of the Sekharas associated with completing a Trial (thus earning an Arcane) has been acquired.

It would be a UI change and a quality of life change, no extra power creep, heck you could even charge 20 plat to unlock the slots on a Frame if you wanted to be extra mean to us, i'd pay that to no longer be excluded from awesome cosmetics like the Dex Nouchali :)

Thank you for your work, and my sincerest apologies for my transgressions in the past. I'd just love to see some of these quality of life changes come into the game.

You're not the first to suggest this.

You do need to make some addendum though, since it does cause powercreep without explicitly dealing with old arcane helmets.  If the effects convert to slot using, then you need to specify that they can only be used on the frame the helmet was originally for.  If they don't, then they need to take up a slot when equipped.

I don't even want to use any syndana, but Arcane Grace is too good and too expensive to not want it equiped, so I have a syndana for that. and I sure did buy one from Tennogen, because I wanted something less cape-y. and there you have it, why take away something that might make money?

Edited by Rawbeard

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Arcane extractors are buy once, use forever now, they're not consumable any more.

Which helps with not having to grind to migrate Arcanes.
It does nothing for the QoL of lots and lots and lots of clicks every time I want to change frame.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I just do not get why it has the same flesh physics as the Kuva Cloak. Why isn't it cloth physics :(

My first thought was "that is...hideous. What is with DE and wanting syndanas to move like big fleshy tongues." I wonder if you can sell it for credits. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

My first thought was "that is...hideous. What is with DE and wanting syndanas to move like big fleshy tongues." I wonder if you can sell it for credits. 

I am still using it because it looks badass, but fix physics please

Just now, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I'm pretty sure I won't sell it, but I probably won't wear it unless they make it a cloth-physics syndana. I get kinda squicked out by the meat syndanas. 

Well, it cant be sold anyways, no cosmetic can, but why would you sell it even if you were capable of doing so? It doesn't take up an inventory slot, and any credits it would offer would be paltry.

45 minutes ago, Phatose said:

You do need to make some addendum though, since it does cause powercreep without explicitly dealing with old arcane helmets.  If the effects convert to slot using, then you need to specify that they can only be used on the frame the helmet was originally for.  If they don't, then they need to take up a slot when equipped.

Very valid point, but yeah, there's nothing stopping them from turning the old arcane helmets into a "special" arcane that still has the old name of the helmet on it, the name of the frame in brackets, and that only appears to be equipped in your arcane list if you're customizing the appropriate frame

10 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Well, it cant be sold anyways, no cosmetic can, but why would you sell it even if you were capable of doing so? It doesn't take up an inventory slot, and any credits it would offer would be paltry.

It would have been just a matter of utility: a syndana I'll never get use out of, or credits I could. But there's no pressure to sell it even if you could, as you point out. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I just want the arcane enhancements to be put into sigil form, one for the back and one for the front.  

We are limited to 2, and we can already make them tiny and functionally invisible, or huge and glowing.  Fashionframe win.

hmm that would limit us to 1 arcane if we want to earn Syndicate Favor though and it would force uniformity again, only on another cosmetic this time.

i'd rather have 2 extra slots under the regalia for it xD completely indipendent

Just now, Jukantos said:

hmm that would limit us to 1 arcane if we want to earn Syndicate Favor though and it would force uniformity again, only on another cosmetic this time.

i'd rather have 2 extra slots under the regalia for it xD completely indipendent

And?  I see nothing wrong with people prioritizing things.

Besides, syndicate standing is easily obtained via specific missions and medallions.  Imo, anyone that conserved about it already knows the alternative options available.

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

And?  I see nothing wrong with people prioritizing things.

Besides, syndicate standing is easily obtained via specific missions and medallions.  Imo, anyone that conserved about it already knows the alternative options available.

However it would lead to us once again being tied down in a specific cosmetics part and that's what i'd love to get away from on the whole level. Let people do unobstructed customizing the way it was ment to be. For the glory of Fashionframe (and because of all the plat i spent on cosmetics :D)

5 hours ago, Phatose said:

Yes he is not the first one to mention this but more topics about this,more attention from DE to finally fix this.This is seriously one of the worst things in this game that should of been changed ages ago.Lots of beautiful cosmetics and we are forced to choose between performance and looks.

I don't understand however what does this have to do with arcane helmets.I don't see how it would be "power creep" because their effect is next to none in my opinion,but sure,why not,just make them not usuable if arcanes are equipped.

I just wish DE got rid of them on time and gave players that owned them some kind of competition.

Old Arcane Helmets cannot be used with Arcane enhancements.  It would be power creep if not explicitly dealt with because you could now use an Old Arcane Helmets and two Arcane enhancements, vs now where you can only use 1.

And yes, preventing use of old arcane while current arcanes is equipped would deal with the problem.  That's a fair solution.

2 hours ago, Phatose said:

Old Arcane Helmets cannot be used with Arcane enhancements.  It would be power creep if not explicitly dealt with because you could now use an Old Arcane Helmets and two Arcane enhancements, vs now where you can only use 1.

And yes, preventing use of old arcane while current arcanes is equipped would deal with the problem.  That's a fair solution.

If arcanes became items that you could put in slots in your loadout, rather than tied to cosmetics, then the old arcane helmet effects could simply be converted into frame-restricted arcanes that fit in the same slots, thus limiting you to two total per loadout.

59 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

If arcanes became items that you could put in slots in your loadout, rather than tied to cosmetics, then the old arcane helmet effects could simply be converted into frame-restricted arcanes that fit in the same slots, thus limiting you to two total per loadout.

I would like to mention how unbelievably awesome this would be for some of us vets stuck using the same helmets forever on certain frames as well. I'd love to have my arcane helmets converted to regular helmets and a frame restricted arcane, just so I could play with all the other helmets. As it is, there are a ton of really cool Tennogen helmets that I'll just never buy, because my drive to optimize builds locks me in to a particular arcane helmet. 

Agreed. This has been suggested multiple times before, yet for some reason DE don't do it. It is perfectly doable and the extra cosmetic slot used by some frames and events are proof of this.

I'm currently stuck with 3 syndanas with arcanes, but due to fashion-frame some frames don't have the right arcane and I can't fix it in any way.

Edited by Demon.King

On 3/29/2017 at 7:27 AM, RedDirtTrooper said:

I would like to mention how unbelievably awesome this would be for some of us vets stuck using the same helmets forever on certain frames as well.

There's a guy on reddit with a Loki Essence icon the flair "Will look stupid for +15% efficiency".
I know exactly what he means. :|

Edited by Chroia
Wrong adjective.

On 03/28/2017 at 2:44 PM, Rawbeard said:

I don't even want to use any syndana, but Arcane Grace is too good and too expensive to not want it equiped, so I have a syndana for that. and I sure did buy one from Tennogen, because I wanted something less cape-y. and there you have it, why take away something that might make money?

Like you,  certain warframes I find don't look good with any syandana (ie rhino).  My solution is cephalon suda syandana with black energy color.  It's practicality invisible.

I agree with op that a better arcane system is needed.  Many suggestions have been provided,  my favorite being linking them to the transference chair.