Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implement Lens Distiller/Remover option

Blood_Poppy

Seriously this option are important, 

Arcane can be transferred/removed from/to other Accessories by using Arcane Distiller, WHICH IS FREE/UNLIMITED USES since The update 19.4.2.

but Lens..? they stick to the weapons and you can't remove them, and collecting dust when the old Lens-ed weapons become obsolete when new weapons coming with greater damage/fire power.

I always change my play style for each missions/Frames and to stick with the same weapons to farm Focus are annoying and limiting the experience.

Edited by Blood_Poppy

You cant remove a forma, you cant remove a reactor, you cant remove a catalyst. Why then should a lens operate like the arcane? People complain about getting lenses from sorties and complain they are worthless, then they want to be able to freely swap them on their gear to make them even more worthless? Maybe people are getting extra lenses for this exact reason...

16 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You cant remove a forma, you cant remove a reactor, you cant remove a catalyst. Why then should a lens operate like the arcane? People complain about getting lenses from sorties and complain they are worthless, then they want to be able to freely swap them on their gear to make them even more worthless? Maybe people are getting extra lenses for this exact reason...

Lens are Different From Forma/Reactor/Catalyst.

and why are lens worthless? they worth 5 ~ 10 plats depending on The Schools.

and 40 plats for Greater Lens are Expensive.

Edited by Blood_Poppy

3 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

and 40 plats for Greater Lens are Expensive.

If you play sorties, you rarely need to buy lens, and 5-10 is worthless. 

Just now, Blood_Poppy said:

I'm only quoting people from nearly every forum post that exists on the forums. People seem to attribute the lenses to being worthless despite not being able to remove them and needing 4 to make a greater lens without using plat. And lenses really aren't that different at all. They increase function of the weapon by providing you a means to now farm focus. Were they removable, people would put far less stock in their worth. Its the same exact situation forma are in with how people want forma to "polarize" a slot and thus let you change the polarity at will. Next are the suggestions for breaking down an item to get back the catalyst or reactor used on it. All of those ideas wipe the value of the item off the board if you can just recycle the same one from item to item. Arcanes were made to be swappable from the initial start as a means of long-investment upgrade to your combat capability. Lenses are also another investment you make, just like you do for forma and potatoes on an item. Put it on an item that you aren't going to throw away in a week and you really have no reason to be swapping lenses anymore.

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

If you play sorties, you rarely need to buy lens, and 5-10 is worthless. 

to you, but to others, even 10 plats are good..

not everyone that play Warframe are Entitled, with River of Cash flow behind their backyard.

I play sortie regularly but only get 4K Endos/Riven/Ayatan. and sortie are once per day mission, so the percentage are low to get a lens or even to get lens that corresponded with your School.. 

Edited by Blood_Poppy

5 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

to you, but to others, even 10 plats are good..

not everyone that play Warframe are Entitled, with River of Cash flow behind their backyard.

I play sortie regularly but only get 4K Endos/Riven/Ayatan. and sortie are once per day mission, so the percentage are low to get a lens or even to get lens that corresponded with your School.. 

If you play the sortie often and are getting the statue, that thing is 15-20p, meaning you can sell those and buy 2 lenses from players, or just buy a greater from the market.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Because:

1) no one knows what will happen when/if they finally change the system. So let's say I replace my Naramon for a Zenurik because I am fully upgraded and when changes comes I am not screwed too badly.

2) they have NOTHING to do with formas, reactors and catalysts. They are not weapon upgrades, they are just a way to get focus and do ZERO change to the weapon itself.

My suggestion is that when you replace lens you get the old one back. That would at least give you back the lens you won't use anymore, mainly to assure people that have fully upgraded a given tree that they will be able to reuse those lenses when/if the system changes. 

The ideal (but won't happen because $$$) would be gaining focus by chosing the tree and playing with it, no lenses needed.