Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4K UI Support: Part 2

[DE]Danielle

12 hours ago, SLIMJIMMONSTER said:

well..... it's obvious they care more about reskins and a giant sword than fixing the UI.... 

You are aware that DE has different teams that do different stuff right?  And that just because the art/modeling team was able to put out some new skins doesn't mean that the UI team ever stopped working on the UI slider?

None of the work done by the art/modeling team affects the UI teams work in any way or delays them or anything.  Its two different teams doing two entirely separate tasks and the art/modeling team was done.

Or do you expect them to put all updates and work from every department on hold until the UI team finishes the UI slider?

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

You are aware that DE has different teams that do different stuff right?  And that just because the art/modeling team was able to put out some new skins doesn't mean that the UI team ever stopped working on the UI slider?

None of the work done by the art/modeling team affects the UI teams work in any way or delays them or anything.  Its two different teams doing two entirely separate tasks and the art/modeling team was done.

Or do you expect them to put all updates and work from every department on hold until the UI team finishes the UI slider?

I feel like it's as simple as reverting the UI changes until they execute the 4k support better. 

what I'm saying is reverting the UI would take less effort than creating new content, yes ik it's a different department, but it's obvious that DE is not willing to give a temp fix to the issue. 

I'm sure DE has backups of each version I just don't see why reverting the UI until they are completely finished is not a option in their book.

Edited by SLIMJIMMONSTER

If the rumor is correct, they use the PC players as guinea pigs to iron out the kinks so when it's ready to be bundle-shipped to Sony, the 4K ready PS4 has much less issues to deal with. While I understand this tactic and it is perfectly viable from a business point of view, I'm not sure how rushed the decision or the execution for the delivery of said UI fix was. I am honestly still happy that things are no longer squished in non-widescreen aspect ratios, and got used to the "less screen space available" thus smaller text. But I still wish the UI would finally be coded modular in a fashion that allows individual scaling and crispness while not killing performance. Aka, not using Adobe Flash ( don't know about performance of Adobe Air)

Hey everyone,

Finally an update on this, the feature is now complete and QA is poking at it, so the hope is to ship this week if all goes well.

We added a setting called Menu Scale with these options

Full Menus scale to match your resolution
Legacy Pretty close to pre U20, except diegetic screens(Mods, Foundry, etc) scale as well, you will only see the difference in resolutions larger than 1080p
Custom You can set a scale to be what you want

Cheers,

Pablo

Warframe0227.jpg

1 minute ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Hey everyone,

Finally an update on this, the feature is now complete and QA is poking at it, so the hope is to ship this week if all goes well.

Legacy Pretty close to pre U20, except diegetic screens(Mods, Foundry, etc) scale as well, you will only see the difference in resolutions larger than 1080p

Cheers,

Pablo

Thanks! ★High five★

32771b4d97dd7d087187ec99e4f443e1-tina-fe

14 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Pablo

Warframe0227.jpg

As always, thanks for working hard for our sake, Pablo <3

31 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Pablo

Warframe0227.jpg

Bless Pablo

rbZYW.gif

4 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Pablo

Warframe0227.jpg

Wonderful! Could you also add a scale for overlay map, and a maximum size? It's currently unbounded, which makes large maps block the crosshairs and add way too much visual noise. I've been reporting problems with that since January.

Edited by chrisx1125

Just now, lhardy said:

Yes, 13~~ x 768

I know by what Pablo posted the previous UI was 900p with empty space around for 1080p.

So I guess by making it 100% for 1080p and above and scale it on each resolution, they made the smaller ones bigger and the bigger ones smaller, meaning only people with 1600x900 will not notice any difference whatsoever.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:13 PM, [DE]Pablo said:

Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Pablo

Warframe0227.jpg

And we're live! The new Menu Scale option is now available under Options > Interface (was previously HUD) in Update 20.2.0 along with these other UI changes: 

• ‘Full’ Menu Scale scales to match your resolution.
  • ‘Legacy’ Menu Scale will appear similar to pre Update 20 except diegetic screens(Mods, Foundry, etc) scale as well. You will only see the difference in resolutions larger than 1080p.
  • ‘Custom’ Menu Scale is set and determined by you.

Thank you all for your patience!