Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can DE give me a response to this? (Migration of accounts from Consoles to PC)

(PSN)CommanderC2121

Ill preface this post with the statement: I love Warframe. It is one of three games that i have devoted more then 500 hours into, and it has so many aspects I love that no other game can compare to. The mobility/movement, the customization, weapon variation, mod system, combat, and more are all aspects of this game that I will not find anywhere else. This is why I am greatly saddened to know that currently, I cannot transfer my PS4 account to my PC account. 

Now, why would I want to do that? All my friends who used to play Warframe no longer get on. They have gone to other games or become so burned out that they have said they shall never return. The update structure is honestly painful for consoles as well. We see PC get new content (such as Octavia and the Limbo rework) and can only hope that we shall get a similar update within a month...if we are lucky. Often we must wait two months, and any bugs that slip through the PC versions are therefore stuck with us for much longer then the PC community would have when it comes to dealing with such problems. Finally, my PC is finally able to run the game. I recently upgraded my GPU from a Nvidia GT610 to a RX-480. That gave me a 2000% power increase, and now i can run Warframe at max settings, whereas before i was on low for everything, with a minimized 800x600 resolution, barely hitting 30 fps. When my PC was in that state, it was of no wonder that i played PS4. 

This is why I am asking DE, why can we not transfer accounts? I could understand the limitations from PC to console, where PC is ahead in updates, and adding in an account with weapons or gear otherwise unobtanable would be problematic, but why can we not go from console to PC? There is nothing I have on PS4 that PC does not already have (and if for some reason there was anything, Id gladly get rid of it.) It sucks knowing that a game that have given me 500 hours+ of enjoyment and one which I've given wayyy to much money towards will be a game I shall no longer play simply because the platform i started on now greatly disadvantages me. 

Is there truly no way to port my account over DE?

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121
unintentional early post finish

It's down to the contract Sony (and MS) have presented to allow WF to be on their consoles... Accounts made on a console need to stay on a console. DE really has little say in it, they are just the guys who make the game, not the ones that work out contracts and such that are the confines to which they need to adhere to, and I doubt you'll get an answer from them as there is nothing more to say on it other than it's up to Sony.

Edited by Carnage2K4

What is it exactly that you want a response on? Whether or not you'll be able to transfer your account from PS4 to PC? If that's true, DE has already stated on many occasions that it will never happen.

It's not necessarily a technological issue, but a contractual one. Think about it -- while on PS4, Sony is making money off of your business. If you're on PC, they won't. In order to facilitate this sort of account migration, there would need to be a lot of steps and permissions from Sony themselved. In other words, they would have to go out of their way to help customers stop giving them money. Do you think that will ever happen?

1 minute ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Not a thing that is under DEs control. Sony will never do anything that will make them lose a user.

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

What is it exactly that you want a response on? Whether or not you'll be able to transfer your account from PS4 to PC? If that's true, DE has already stated on many occasions that it will never happen.

It's not necessarily a technological issue, but a contractual one. Think about it -- while on PS4, Sony is making money off of your business. If you're on PC, they won't. In order to facilitate this sort of account migration, there would need to be a lot of steps and permissions from Sony themselved. In other words, they would have to go out of their way to help customers stop giving them money. Do you think that will ever happen?

The fact of the matter is that either way, Sony will technically lose money. If the account was moved, they would lose me, yes, but if the account wasn't moved over, then i wont be willing to play the game, effectively the same result. 

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

The fact of the matter is that either way, Sony will technically lose money. If the account was moved, they would lose me, yes, but if the account wasn't moved over, then i wont be willing to play the game, effectively the same result. 

Yeah, but one requires effort from them and the other doesn't. They don't really care about you as a person, no offense, so they'll choose the course of action that requires less of them.

Just now, Sean said:

This question comes up quite a bit, but it really comes down to contractual obligations between DE and Microsoft, Sony, and Valve, and I believe account migration has only happened once so far. On consoles, platinum can be converted to real world currencies, unlike on PC where we have regular discounts. This is also why you guys on consoles can get Tennogen content for free, while as far as I'm concerned it may not exist on PC ($7 for a helmet is just crazy, imo).

While it would be nice if all of what we do in-game is just tied to our accounts here, then you could just login to your DE Account on whatever system and play with your character, that simply isn't the case unless DE plans on doing a massive overhaul that would have to somehow allow all platforms to be on the same version number.

Curious, how can plat be converted to IRL currency? any discounts consoles get come as purely in-game market discounts, and tennogen (along with bundles, boosters, and a few other things) are immune to said discounts. 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Unfortunately we are all just 1s and 0s to them. There would have to be a large scale change in the player base for them to really care, WF doesn't really command the player base necessary for them to make any changes.

There are transfers from time to time.

But the bottom line of it is it's up to Microsoft/Sony.

DE HAS TO REQUEST, AND GAIN PERMISSION.

There is no telling if they EVER will get told they can again.
So, for now I just suggest waiting and yeah.

But I don't think there will ever be a PS4 to PC.

Or XBOX to PC.

You could just bite the bullet and create a PC account. Start working on it and see how goes.

I did spend some time being bitter about being "stuck" on console but in the end I left all behind to make the change and I'm a lot happier on PC. I've stopped playing my PS4 account and in fact I deleted Warframe from it a few weeks ago.

Playing rpgs or any other time-consuming, grinding games on consoles or through digital services like steam feels like a waste of time now. To me, that is. I'm glad started playing on warframe on pc, by downloading it through their website.

Edited by kackiz

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

This is why I am asking DE, why can we not transfer accounts?

It isn't solely up to DE.  I've gotten the impression, from devstreams when they respond to such requests, that they would if they could.  Players can speculate as to the reasons but ultimately you'd have to ask Sony directly.

It isn't just Warframe, btw, there are lots of games with cross platform versions and a lot of their players are constantly asking the game's developers why 'they' won't let them transfer accounts.  Even developers as big and powerful as Blizzard have problems with this.

Granted I only did a cursory search on google to find you an answer, because it doesn't exactly affect me enough to be thorough, you can feel free to seek out a sony forum and go after the answers from there.

Edited by Xekrin

3 hours ago, kackiz said:

Playing rpgs or any other time-consuming, grinding games on consoles or through digital services like steam feels like a waste of time now. To me, that is. I'm glad started playing on warframe on pc, by downloading it through their website.

You do realize, you can install the stand alone Warframe client and play immediately, even if you've used nothing but the Steam version for the last four years? To the best of my knowledge, no MMO I've ever played through Steam actually required me to use the Steam client, or was tied to it in any way beyond allowing me to use my Steam Wallet to buy in game currency. Conflating that with the locked in nature of consoles doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I feel for this guy.

I played warframe on Xbox for 2 years and asked for the very same thing when i saw it on my friends PC at 4k after being away for a year.

I thought starting from scratch would be hell on PC but I'm on day 100 as of yesterday and I'm a mastery rank 14 and i have ALL of my old weapons and more setup even better than before because of all of previous experience.

Only thing I hated was the ridiculous platinum prices for vaulted primes like frost and Loki.

Start with a prime access if you can afford it to give yourself the best head start fella.

Now, OP already got his answer, nothing that little bit of logic, experience from life or general common sense couldn't tell him in a first place but some people may be young or inexperienced I get that. 

However I'm always puzzled with guys writing "open letter" to devs, as if they extra time, or hired staff to reply on your random inquiries. Transfer account is clearly not possible, why, there are reasons, irrelevant. Nobody will sacrifice their precious time to babysit and explain to you facts of life. You've got your mom and google for that ; )

But take your solace in the fact that starting anew may actually be fun at times. After all you -can- transfer your skill and knowledge of market, weapons and game mechanics, and that is what really counts. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

-

Worm Holed from General Discussion to Feedaback]XB1&PS4 Feedback.

Edit: basically, it's because of what Carnage said:

It's down to the contract Sony (and MS) have presented to allow WF to be on their consoles... Accounts made on a console need to stay on a console. DE really has little say in it, they are just the guys who make the game, not the ones that work out contracts and such that are the confines to which they need to adhere to, and I doubt you'll get an answer from them as there is nothing more to say on it other than it's up to Sony.

10 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

You could just bite the bullet and create a PC account. Start working on it and see how goes.

I did spend some time being bitter about being "stuck" on console but in the end I left all behind to make the change and I'm a lot happier on PC. I've stopped playing my PS4 account and in fact I deleted Warframe from it a few weeks ago.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Start over on pc. 

O have multiple weapons/mods/items that are no longer available in game, so simply starting over is very difficult to do. Not to mention the money ive spent on the game as well :/

honestly it wouldn't even be up to DE to decide this they have a parent company that is typically more interested in profits rather than good gameplay, but they would probably be convinced if they could profit from it. Like lets say they made it have a cost to transfer over your account, then it would be much more feasible.

I, myself, will not to pretend to understand or know the contracts between them, but there are other games that can support one account over multiple platforms. They can even merge accounts. I guess the questions would be, why cant this game be like that or; what needs/can be done in order for this to happen. I'm sure there will be problems or discrepancies with certain things like plat and such. You can buy plat at a discount price on pc, but not on ps4. If the accounts were the same...you could buy on pc and use it on ps4. Sure, i'd love that, but i'm sure someone (sony) wouldn't. But Sony should thank DE....they bring in a lot of business/users for sony with this game. Its simple numbers when it comes down to it.  

• 1 month later...

Right now I am in the process of trying to transfer from one PSN account to a new PSN account. Has this ever happened before for anyone that anyone knows about? Contacted support and they said that they don't transfer accounts or items but then saw this post. Destiny has done it before, I don't know what the issue is entirely.