Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Portuguese translation looks odd

kackiz

I mean no disrespect to anyone, and I had my doubts about getting this post out here.

I can understand why we have such a translation of portuguese, as it is the version spoken by most people; besides, how many Portuguese speakers even play this game anyway? not many I suppose, so it doesn't really feel like an urgent thing to do.

I'm a recent player, and when I saw that there was a Portuguese translation, I was very happy, as not many games I play have my language, which is actually a big deal, because the more familiar I am with a language in a videogame, the more comfortable it feels to play it.

I decided to play Warframe in Portuguese, but as soon as I started seeing how it was written, it felt very uncomfortable, and I switched back to English.

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it felt like some words were missing, others written incorrectly (which, I think, happened recently with someone spotting a massive typo that slipped somehow), and overall, it felt like broken Portuguese (I know it doesn't feel broken to most people. I'm trying to offend no one with this topic).

Also, this is a bit off-topic, but even the English translation feels inconsistent. For example, the warframes appearance tab says "color", but the dojo pigment says "colour". I know a lot of different people work on this game, but couldn't they choose the type of grammar they would go for? I'm not trying to correct anyone, but I think the important thing when it comes to menus and UIs, is the presentation, and consistency is very presentable.