Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven disposition

Ironlixivium

Anyone know how often is usage for weapons checked? I really do think it should be checked more, specifically after a huge nerf *cough*. I mean come on. Some of it feels like DE didn't even care about usage and simply decided something was too strong. Look at the synoid gammacor. Barely anyone uses that after it was nerfed, yet there it is, at faint disposition.....and I mean, why is daikyu 4/5? that weapon is terrible. Absolutely terrible.....yet somehow its not 5/5 worthy....AND KOHM IS?!?!?!!? KOHM WAS DECENT ALREADY! Ugh just thinking about that got me kinda salty....sorry...

Edited by Ironlixivium

Just now, Ironlixivium said:

Anyone know how often is usage for weapons checked? I really do think it should be checked more, specifically after a huge nerf *cough*. I mean come on. Some of it feels like DE didn't even care about usage and simply decided something was too strong. Look at the synoid gammacor. Barely anyone uses that after it was nerfed, yet there it is, at faint disposition.....and I mean, why is daikyu 4/5? that weapon is terrible. Absolutely terrible.....yet somehow its not 5/5 worthy....

Who knows lol. But yeah some of the disposition is whacky. And AFAIK I don't think DE has actualy messed with riven disposition since they brought it out, unless the recent change to the UI showing 0-5 ball rating instead of faint- strong wasn't just cosmetic and they actually tweaked the disposition numbers. (which I wouldn't be surprised at since when you link some rivens in chat they now show slightly different stats than what is actually on the mod when you look at it in your inventory.

I think the point here is usage doesn't neccessarily follow the weapon being good or considered top tier, just that it was or wasn't popular. Which works out pretty good for some weapons but others like you mentioned suck &#! and even a 5/5 riven wouldn't make them suddenly become all the rage.

4 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

Who knows lol. But yeah some of the disposition is whacky. And AFAIK I don't think DE has actualy messed with riven disposition since they brought it out, unless the recent change to the UI showing 0-5 ball rating instead of faint- strong wasn't just cosmetic and they actually tweaked the disposition numbers. (which I wouldn't be surprised at since when you link some rivens in chat they now show slightly different stats than what is actually on the mod when you look at it in your inventory.

I think the point here is usage doesn't neccessarily follow the weapon being good or considered top tier, just that it was or wasn't popular. Which works out pretty good for some weapons but others like you mentioned suck &#! and even a 5/5 riven wouldn't make them suddenly become all the rage.

ugh I'm actually a bit worked up though, I'm also talking about it with clan mates. karak is 4/5, kohm is 5/5. kohm is easily decent at worst. I do feel like DE is messing with the numbers though, otherwise things like the gammacor, brakk, atomos, and hikou would not be faint.....

21 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

ugh I'm actually a bit worked up though, I'm also talking about it with clan mates. karak is 4/5, kohm is 5/5. kohm is easily decent at worst. I do feel like DE is messing with the numbers though, otherwise things like the gammacor, brakk, atomos, and hikou would not be faint.....

The brakk and gammacor probably have so many total kills to their name it's probably very easy to justify their faint status due to the player base adopting those as the defacto sidearm of a great deal of the player base at one time or other, but yeah the Atomos and hikou much less so, and many were lolwut?ing when we saw their disposition when they came out. The list is kinda odd, because when you take into account gammacors short stint as a popular side arm and compare that to the acrids long standing dominance as such, then look at the disposition comparison, I think it's pretty safe to conclude DE is just messing about in more than a few examples.

Edited by Ghogiel

21 minutes ago, BemoGuinness said:

Just cause you can't figure out how to use it doesn't mean its "terrible"

I knew someone like you would try to defend it. I'm sorry but It is very bad. its status is nothing considering there are things like boar prime that can reach 100% with many, many more pellets and actually shoot twice in the same year. Not to mention mutalist cernos...but I'm not trying to discuss daikyu, over 90% of the player base agrees its mastery fodder, and that's enough to say it should not be 4/5 disposition.

8 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

I knew someone like you would try to defend it. I'm sorry but It is very bad. its status is nothing considering there are things like boar prime that can reach 100% with many, many more pellets and actually shoot twice in the same year. Not to mention mutalist cernos...but I'm not trying to discuss daikyu, over 90% of the player base agrees its mastery fodder, and that's enough to say it should not be 4/5 disposition.

And somehow I knew there would be people like you on the forums who call everything you don't like trash..... guess we were both right.

4 hours ago, BemoGuinness said:

You do realize there are mods that increase the draw time and no the bow isn't bad. I own and use all the bows ingame. Maybe stop trying to mod it like a dread.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

And somehow I knew there would be people like you on the forums who call everything you don't like trash..... guess we were both right.

I would really rather not discuss this here, but you assume I just looked at it and decided it was bad. It objectively does not perform. The "shoot twice in a year" thing was just a joke, it's not the worst ROF, but compared to a boar with 100% status, way more pellets a higher dps and 8 ROF compared to 1-2 ROF and nothing going for it except accuracy and status. When I do want a status bow with high damage, which is not rare, I use my mutalist cernos, which procs much more and simply rips through armor. Regardless, my opinion doesn't matter. The community's does, and the majority agrees it's bad, regardless of the individual.

Edited by Ironlixivium

19 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

...but I'm not trying to discuss daikyu, over 90% of the player base agrees its mastery fodder, and that's enough to say it should not be 4/5 disposition.

while the Daikyu is not my preferred bow (that title goes to Rakta Cernos), a weapon is only mastery fodder if you let it be mastery fodder. think of a build, slap the mods on, a few Forma here and there and any weapon can be viable for most levels.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

while the Daikyu is not my preferred bow (that title goes to Rakta Cernos), a weapon is only mastery fodder if you let it be mastery fodder. think of a build, slap the mods on, a few Forma here and there and any weapon can be viable for most levels.

I'm very grateful that you're saying something remotely on topic, and I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. First what you're saying goes against the entire purpose of rivens, that some weapons are not good enough. If they were all perfectly viable, then there would be no need for rivens. Also I disagree on your definition of mastery fodder, I would say that a weapon is mastery fodder when a weapon with similar to exact mechanics and/or usage can do what said weapon is good at, but better. For example, the time that tactical potato formad a braton. Was it viable? Yes. Was it a usable weapon? Yes. But regardless, the braton is still trash. Mastery fodder. Unfortunately braton has braton prime, so it can't benefit from a nice juicy 5/5 riven like it deserves. I used Daikyu as an example because despite the amount of hard core fans it has, it sucks and there are weapons that do exactly what it does, but better. Therefore, it's mastery fodder. Although now that I know its fans are still out there, it makes sense why its only 4/5. 

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I would love it if DE shared their method for calculating riven disposition.

I believe there are at least some manual adjustments, iirc the Aklex disposition was adjusted when the Aklex Prime was released.

Yes, I really wish they would share this too. There are a lot of riven dispositions I feel are unjust and against the very purpose of rivens.(crap weapons with crap rivens = still crap weapons, like hikou, no offense, just not good, so why is it faint....)

1 minute ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I believe Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives is a thing, although I seem to be exceptionally good at killing myself with them so I don't use that setup too much.

oh yes it is good, but thats more of a bandaid, and spira is better because of the way concealed explosives works. Spira are very good, and leave hikou in the dust in a lot of ways.