The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor between 20 and 20.0.4 was great, now its a joke.

Kutsus

The Simulor and its Synoid variant had their single target DPS greatly increased in update 20, in exchange for no immediate AOE/CC, however enemeis were still stunned upon detonation, and stacking the orbs great increased the damage, the annoying vortexes popping up everywhere was also fixed.

But as we know, this was apparently not working as intended, in patch 20.0.4, amongst the patchnotes was this:

• Fixed Simulor Orbs not stacking at all. 

The result is that we got the old Simulor back, except now it has shorter range and does extremely low damage, and detonating barely does anything anymore (rip red crits).

My suggestion is that the weapon simply be returned to it's update 20 state, where it was actually a fun and useful weapon that doesn't place annoying vortexes everywhere.

Edit: Oh and i forgot to mention that despite the Simulor now being absolutely useless for most frames, Mirage with Simulor is still just as powerful, effortless, and spammy as before, nothing there has changed.

Edited by Kutsus

2 minutes ago, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Fun and useful? Pfft, just admit you never used it unless you were playing as mirage.

I basically never use Mirage and/or Simulor, but i had much more fun with Simulor after u20 than i ever had with it before.

5 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

That's DE usual MO, look at Ash "we didn't actually fix any of the issues players pointed out" Revisit.

What anime is this? looks familiar but I can't quite tell.

According to source of the gif, Sakamoto Desu Ga.

6 minutes ago, Kutsus said:

had much more fun with Simulor after u20 than i ever had with it before.

No sh-AZBOT-, it was bugged.

24 minutes ago, Kutsus said:

fun and useful weapon that doesn't place annoying vortexes everywhere.

No, instead it put clusters of 15-75(mirage) orbs that blew up one at a time, locking screens for several seconds for some players.

Edited by Mk_1

11 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

No, instead it put clusters of 15-75(mirage) orbs that blew up one at a time, locking screens for several seconds for some players.

I see, rip the dream then.

Edited by Kutsus

33 minutes ago, Kutsus said:

The Simulor and its Synoid variant had their single target DPS greatly increased in update 20, in exchange for no immediate AOE/CC, however enemeis were still stunned upon detonation, and stacking the orbs great increased the damage, the annoying vortexes popping up everywhere was also fixed.

But as we know, this was apparently not working as intended, in patch 20.0.4, amongst the patchnotes was this:

• Fixed Simulor Orbs not stacking at all. 

The result is that we got the old Simulor back, except now it has shorter range and does extremely low damage, and detonating barely does anything anymore (rip red crits).

My suggestion is that the weapon simply be returned to it's update 20 state, where it was actually a fun and useful weapon that doesn't place annoying vortexes everywhere.

Edit: Oh and i forgot to mention that despite the Simulor now being absolutely useless for most frames, Mirage with Simulor is still just as powerful, effortless, and spammy as before, nothing there has changed.

correct me if i'm wrong, but DE goes the wrong way fixing things/balancing Simulor was never that much of a great/utility weapons, stacking the orbs was costly especially in high level missions, it was very rare to find anyone using a Simulor apart from Akkad, but the weapon was godly like with Mirage, what DE has exactly done is essentially made the weapon garbage/useless to other normal frames and have therefore made it compulsory to be used alongside Mirage, with this nerf i myself will only use Simulor with Mirage only just because of preferences.

55 minutes ago, NightElve said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but DE goes the wrong way fixing things/balancing Simulor was never that much of a great/utility weapons, stacking the orbs was costly especially in high level missions, it was very rare to find anyone using a Simulor apart from Akkad, but the weapon was godly like with Mirage, what DE has exactly done is essentially made the weapon garbage/useless to other normal frames and have therefore made it compulsory to be used alongside Mirage, with this nerf i myself will only use Simulor with Mirage only just because of preferences.

I have gone in Akkad and mirages with simulor are still there dominating the place. The range is smaller so they have to move more but thats not really an issue for them.

6 hours ago, NightElve said:

it was very rare to find anyone using a Simulor apart from Akkad

This does not match my experience at all. I would say almost 50% of the missions I've run (I run pretty much pub or solo) have someone flooding the screen with Simuballs. It was everywhere. High level missions, low level missions, I think if they could have run around the relays spamming it they would have. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

This does not match my experience at all. I would say almost 50% of the missions I've run (I run pretty much pub or solo) have someone flooding the screen with Simuballs. It was everywhere. High level missions, low level missions, I think if they could have run around the relays spamming it they would have. 

Many people got angered and started to do a crusade against those who called the nerfs in (mainly against weak geared akkad farmers)

I'm not gonna lie, I never liked the weapon at all - the noise, the visuals, the near-constant screen shake, and the almost-guaranteed framerate drops (which made it hard for me to get the few kills I was trying for) made it a very unpleasant weapon to be around, no matter who was using it. I'm top-rank in Cephalon Suda, but I never bothered to try the gun out. 

I mean, if someone wanted to use it I had no way to stop them, but there were very few times where I thought "Thank god, a Simulor user." 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

you play on Xbox so there is a difference, i'm on PC spamming with a controller and keyboard mouse set up is very different :D

That's true - spamming it basically meant holding one stick forward and pulling the trigger. Or running in a circle spraying orbs into every spawn area. I've watched a mirage player do literally just that on a defense mission: ran laps around the map at top speed, keeping up a never ending stream of orbs into all the doorways, for five waves.

After one wave, I put up a bubble on the objective, and meditated. Mirage never even broke pace. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

That vauban video is extremely misleading because unless all the mobs you are attacking are always frozen in place in a specific range (e.g. the vauban bastille in simulacrum that picked up all the mobs where they spawned) then mobs are staggered outside of merged orb range where they get zero damage.

10 hours ago, Mk_1 said:

That video kinda shows that it sucks now lol, or at least, how he was using it made it look like it sucks. Did the guy even use the explosion alt fire? That was terrible. Also his build was god awful Hammershot and vital sense? and then status mods? No point strike if youre gonna maximize crit? He coulda built it to clear faster, and coulda cleared waaay faster if he used the alt fire. My point still stands, which you took out of context, I want to see if the riven disposition is buffed when it falls to almost no usage.

Edited by Skaleek