Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo to be nerfed now?

SeaUrchins

Ironically, Limbo's rework has changed him into something quite different from what he originally was.

Limbo had a high damage potential, but required alot of precision from the player, you could walk around and eliminate high priority targets, banishing them one by one, you could even walk into a room and kill a sortie boss in solo, without paying attention to everyone around firing at you. There were issues with loot, terminal hacking (even after the rework you can still open doors from rift, but not use the elevators) and environmental damage through the rift ( have successfully made their way into the reworked Limbo).

The following rift problems still exist in rift plane:

Spoiler

Now, though the loot picking in cataclysm has been fixed, there's another problem the enemy's aim, which cares very little about your time freezing abilities:

Spoiler

While most of the issues have been ignored, Limbo got cataclysm damage that scales and became a nuker. Community likes nukers, right? There can't be any issues with a frame that kills rooms, eh?

Spoiler

But we all know what happens to nukers, eventually they have their knee caps broken by a nerf hammer. That's why I am very concerned with Limbo becoming a nuker, since potentially it leads to a nerf and considering most of his issues haven't been addressed, there is a risk he'll be beaten with a nerf hammer for a rework, which hasn't even fixed most of stuff that needed to be fixed.

2 minutes ago, RuslixsLV said:

What do you mean by *scale of* ?

The sphere’s final collapse deals damage to enemies both in and out of the sphere, and scales based on the health and shields of ALL enemies in the Rift.

So since when Ember's and Banshee's damage scales based on hp/sheilds of the enemies around?

1 minute ago, SeaUrchins said:

The sphere’s final collapse deals damage to enemies both in and out of the sphere, and scales based on the health and shields of ALL enemies in the Rift.

So since when Ember's and Banshee's damage scales based on hp/sheilds of the enemies around?

SO you are displeased because this type of damage works differently then hit type of dmg?

1 minute ago, OoharaSora said:

Don't you guys think it would be better if Limbo going into rift is 'slide + roll' instead of 'roll'?
Like how Bullet Jump is 'crouch + jump', not just 'jump'
I don't know you guys, but I use roll, a lot
Love the rework by the way

Well everyone has their own opinion for example i used a lot of role too, but on limbo i just keep holding spring button, and whenever i need i jump :D

Have to say having seen a low duration, larger range, high damage focused catclysm build of limbo, which was literally obliterating higher level enemies, he does seem kind of overpowered when you consider he can stay in the rift, almost immune to damage (yeah I don't understand why fire etc works either), without any penalty and other 'high damage' frames seem to be on the 'nerf list'. 

Not to mention his passive energy regen....

Now I know people will say banshee resonating quake, but that has a downside in high energy usage for any decent sort of damage, or things like wof where it basically auto targets but this has a fall off on damage so it's not really comparable..

Edited by LSG501

10 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Have to say having seen a low duration, larger range, high damage focused catclysm build of limbo, which was literally obliterating higher level enemies, he does seem kind of overpowered when you consider he can stay in the rift, almost immune to damage (yeah I don't understand why fire etc works either), without any penalty and other 'high damage' frames seem to be on the 'nerf list'. 

Yeah... I really hate those spammer Limbo

Edited by OoharaSora
only agreed to 1 thing in it, energy regen has always been his passive

Actually, before any nerfs coming, i should say, that i was playing Limbo myself (Using strength+effi build) and this so-called nuker limbo, yes, we had two limbos at Sortie survival, nearly lost us a game a couple of times.

Loot picking was fixed, however objectives like life support can not be activated while in cataclysm (Bug?). AND when someone else's cataclysm get's intsta-shutdown, it leads to eye-rape situation, that also confuses the crap out of everyone. See pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtn9sl8h01dp0q/20170329131757_1.jpg?dl=0 

Also: i nearly lost Resque mission, because of AOE banish, and inability to banish throug the dimension. 

Also (2): more than two Limbos in a team = absolute chaos, especially for both of these two.

Edited by Quanlain

7 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

Also: i nearly lost Resque mission, because of AOE banish, and inability to banish throug the dimension. 

This could be fixed if banish worked through dimensions and had the option to toggle AoE or single target mode.

1 minute ago, OoharaSora said:

Or, just banish the target right after hacking the console

banish have some surprisng radius, even at 70%. It can also go through walls, just a reminder

Edited by Quanlain

1 minute ago, Quanlain said:

banish have some surprisng radius, even at 70%. It can also go through walls

Idk, but I go maxed Narrow Minded, and has no problem banishing small amount of targets.
And by small I mean 3 rescue targets stick together small.
And if there's any enemy in the rift just go in and kill 'em, plus you can stop the time if you have to.

22 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

Khm... simulor

Simulor and Tonkor were nerfed because they became overused and overpowered via synergy with frames and riven mods. In other words, these old weapons were updated and brought in line with the current realities of the game.

The Limbo rework is brand new and designed by DE with the current realities in mind, so why would they nerf it? Same goes for Octavia btw.

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Not to mention his passive energy regen....

Now I know people will say banshee resonating quake, but that has a downside in high energy usage for any decent sort of damage, or things like wof where it basically auto targets but this has a fall off on damage so it's not really comparable..

In Limbo's Theorem , Ordis says ;

" Operator, I think I know why we're finding Limbo parts scattered throughout the system. His final rift walk was a miscal... disaster. Well, perhaps when you occupy this frame, you will use more... caution. "

We know Original Limbo ( perhaps Limbo Prime ? ) stayed too long in his last rift-walk and it caused his death.

Rift's downside should be - " Limbo loses HP per sec ( after staying 5-10 sec in rift ) as long as he stays in rift " so that will force him to switch between planes , not sit in Rift indefinitely

Limbo is immune to dmg from enemies while he is in Rift but won't be immune to Rift itself !

same can happen to enemies , they lose HP per sec in rift too.

I agree nuking capability of Cataclysm should be nerfed ( or scaling dmg should be removed )

Limbo can't have both nuking and invulnerability.

I love Stasis ability tho :D

Edited by Aeon94