The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not a rant, but I miss the old void. Do you?

(PSN)Kallastin

I still remember looking at the void keys when you got them as a low level. Wondering what amazing loot you could get from them. Finally grabbing your gear, and experiencing the void for the first time. The Beautiful golden tint, ambient music flooding your ears, and a brand new foe waiting for your arrival. Having Four whole teirs of missions at your disposal Tier One though Tier Four. Picking different missions would give you different mysterious loot. The mystery, and the challenge to farm in old void missions is something like veteran players such as myself are looking for again in warframe. The old void was of the best reasons for me to come home from my classes and think to myself "I cant wait to go play warframe for hours."  Those were the days of when old void missions used to be preeminent. And a vast majority of people who miss the old void but the new system is not the same. 

The old void needs to see some sort of resurrection. The new players would sadly not understand why the old void was just so much fun. It provided challenges, and loot for us trying, a way to level up, and help new players at the time, giving them loot they would of never imagined that could be in their own possession. It honestly fit the lore quite well, you find prime parts, in a Primed Utopia. Now what, you find a prime parts in a piece of scrap metal that looks no bigger than an apple. And those do not fit the missing feeling players have with the new void system.

And so i leave this post to anybody who would like to give me their input on such a big topic that players are still wanting to talk about and does not know where to start.  

Do you want the old void back?

Edited by (PS4)strasserhouse

1 minute ago, pauli133 said:

I miss all the friends who stopped playing because of the old Void Key system.

+1

Rip 1/3 of my friendlist and 2 full ghost clans because void farming was too tedious

Edited by Midrib

Go farm for Octavia Neuroptics when it comes out. Remember how great the old void was playing 20m games over and over again on the same tile for that one part in a diluted reward pool.

The new system may not be that engaging or great but its better than going backwards and best to keep working on improving the idea.

Edited by Firetempest

For me personally the old void was better because I could just hop in a mission i want be it exterm, defence, surv w/e whenever I want. Got an hour to spend - ill go for that ash systems - 1h survival it is - log off. now lets say i wanna do a 1h surv fissure, but guess what, there's nothing there - you either log off instantly or find yourself another thing to do for the hour you got. I don't mind how prime mods farming looks now, but my only complain about it is that there arent all missions listed everytime.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)strasserhouse said:

I still remember looking at the void keys when you got them as a low level. Wondering what amazing loot you could get from them. Finally grabbing your gear, and experiencing the void for the first time. The Beautiful golden tint, ambient music flooding your ears, and a brand new foe waiting for your arrival. Having Four whole teirs of missions at your disposal Tier One though Tier Four. Picking different missions would give you different mysterious loot. The mystery, and the challenge to farm in old void missions is something like veteran players such as myself are looking for again in warframe. The old void was of the best reasons for me to come home from my classes and think to myself "I cant wait to go play warframe for hours."  Those were the days of when old void missions used to be preeminent. And a vast majority of people who miss the old void but the new system is not the same. 

The old void needs to see some sort of resurrection. The new players would sadly not understand why the old void was just so much fun. It provided challenges, and loot for us trying, a way to level up, and help new players at the time, giving them loot they would of never imagined that could be in their own possession. It honestly fit the lore quite well, you find prime parts, in a Primed Utopia. Now what, you find a prime parts in a piece of scrap metal that looks no bigger than an apple. And those do not fit the missing feeling players have with the new void system.

And so i leave this post to anybody who would like to give me their input on such a big topic that players are still wanting to talk about and does not know where to start.  

Do you want the old void back?

I personally want the old void back. Having the ability to earn more than one reword from one key? Even if I don't get what I am farming, still get ducat fodder. People have no idea how much useful that old system was compared to this one. While everyone needed a key, you didn't have to worry about "Hosting T4 Defense. RADIANT ONLY." Seriously.... 

2 minutes ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

Yeah.. the current void doesn't seem to carry any weight now. Just another set of tiles to traverse. Back then, the void was something special. I think *something* should be done to restore its glory. 

WTH???"something "especial" really?i not try to be salty but,i HATE the old system.dont you remember? you are forced to stay 20 min for one reward.20 MINUTES.!!!!

i prefer this system right now since i can choose to stay 20 min or play one fast mission to get it.this dynamic makes me happy,i play what i desire. 

Whatever reason that can restore Void to its old glory, It must be important enough, unobtainable at anywhere else and the contents are regularly updated. That means whatever that reason is it will just crate another void fatigue.

Just now, -F3D-Carnage said:

WTH???"something "especial" really?i not try to be salty but,i HATE the old system.dont you remember? you are forced to stay 20 min for one reward.20 MINUTES.!!!!

i prefer this system right now since i can choose to stay 20 min or play one fast mission to get it.this dynamic makes me happy,i play what i desire. 

I said nothing about the system of gaining Primed items. The void is supposed to be a grand and special place, in my opinion. In regards to the relic system, it has greatly devalued most primed parts because most things are easy to farm and it's quick. Its only saving grace would be the probability of not getting what you want, however not by much. 

Yes and no.

Yes because, personally, I think the trace and radiant system is nothing but smoke and mirrors.  DE controls the actual drop % percentages behind the scenes, there's no actual difference between using an intact relic and a radiant.  Same drop chance.  I also despise the need to grind traces to level relics.  Being the redundant, double-grind that it is

No because I loathed key leeching.  The relic system did away with that.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
had the "yes" and "no" attached to the wrong points I made

I got so fatigued of the old void system so for me thats a no no no no

I prefer the new one way better
the only gripe I have of the new system is that I cant really choose my mission types nor the enemy difficulty I want to fight against
that and some of the mission types dont reward you enough for your troubles (mobile defense)

that said I do think void tileset could use another purpose

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

No because, personally, I think the trace and radiant system is nothing but smoke and mirrors.  DE controls the actual drop % percentages behind the scenes, there's no actual difference between using an intact relic and a radiant.  Same drop chance.

Do you want a tinfoil hat with that statement?

9 minutes ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

I said nothing about the system of gaining Primed items. The void is supposed to be a grand and special place, in my opinion. In regards to the relic system, it has greatly devalued most primed parts because most things are easy to farm and it's quick. Its only saving grace would be the probability of not getting what you want, however not by much. 

i see,but what do we want?,make void great again but how?.what void means to us?.we have to think in ideias guys.just "make void great again" dont say anything. 

i not talking to you.i just pick your point and making terms for discution.the topic itself suggest to return the "old system",i said in my opinion this new system is better,but you said you want to make void great again a "special" place.i agree but how DE is gonna do that?is just you?or the rest of community wants void great again?one thing is the void and another is the relic system.and you are right.if is the void the problem give ideias to DE to make void a desire place for players.for me void is only one place to farm argons.and for you guys?.  

IMO the void should be a special tileset that only appears randomly like alerts. It should show up at random locations on map like the Kuva fortress. Void tears should be a mini event.

When you do a void mission, you don't need to collect shards to open relics, they just open automatically. Trace rewards are doubled and I'd increase the enemy levels too. Mission rewards should be rare and new relics.

Each tear event would open up 3-4 nodes at a time, that you could only do once per event.

I'd have this along with current relic system. It would make the void special and encourage staying in endless for the most efficient relic farming system on the map.

Edited by Hypernaut1