Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Include ingame data into our forum profiles

RistN

In order to make forum topics much more constructive and much less misleading I think that some in game data should be clearly shown on our forum profiles.That data could include MR rank and number of hours spent in game in same way forum standings are shown.

I really don't think that's necessary.

Most people are happy to state their MR and their number of hours into the game if it would actually be relevant to the discussion. However, there are plenty more people who use it as an excuse to demonise somebody else, belittle them or otherwise ignore any point they have to make because "Well you don't have the max MR" or "Well I have 100 more hours than you so your point doesn't matter."

So no.

Overall this is actually a terrible idea because the function you want it to serve would widely be used by the snobbier folk on the forum to discredit otherwise perfectly valid suggestions. People don't need help to do that on Warframe forums anyway, because some are already so damn good at it that it makes otherwise interesting topics with good discussions just full of utter bollocks because people obstinately refuse to consider a valid suggestion on the simple principle it doesn't go along with what they say.

Also that title under your forum name and above your avatar?

That's your MR title.

1 minute ago, Airyllish said:

Also that title under your forum name and above your avatar?

That's your MR title.

Its not.

The forums use the same names but that "title" changes based on your post count, not based on what Mastery Rank you are.

------------

Thread moved to Website, Forums & Nexus App Feedback.

Just now, NovusNova said:

Its not.

The forums use the same names but that "title" changes based on your post count, not based on what Mastery Rank you are.

------------

Oh, for real? I was under the impression it was your MR title because for the longest period of time, mine consistently matched my own in-game one so I just stopped bothering to check it after a while, and I couldn't see it explained visibly anywhere else on the forums, so I rolled with that assumption. This wasn't helped by the fact your avatar is dictated by your own in-game player icon, so the forums are able to pull from actual game data in some manner.

My bad then.

... I might make the suggestion of perhaps getting some new titles for the forum then to save on the confusion, or maybe just making it super visible somewhere that this isn't the case? Since like I said, the fact your in-game icon dictates your forum avatar, it's a pretty easy assumption to reach that the title is your MR.

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

TY

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I wouldn't mind this, just curious as to why you thought of it?

Someones ingame experiance should count just to be cleared who is saying what.There are a lot of misleading topics out there started by people who dont even know how this game works.I would mention all the specific reasons but list is too long.

Mastery will bring unnecessary salt, but hours yes. This will show newer players about which players  have more knowledge compared to others sometimes. Seeing veterans responding to you is more heart warming than someone you think is a vet from their rep, but they just make memes on hotfix notes to farm rep.