Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ducats are way too hard to get now....

Ironlixivium

You get 

15 Ducats for Common
45 Ducats for Uncommon
100 Ducats for Rare.

You actually get more ducats then previous system as the ducat value for items was random. Now you know exactly how much ducats you get just by looking at the color of the reward.

Edited by xxswatelitexx

2 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

You get 

15 Ducats for Common
45 Ducats for Uncommon
100 Ducats for Rare.

You actually get more ducats then previous system as the ducat value for items was random. Now you know exactly how much ducats you get just by looking at the color of the reward.

I talked about this already. This also got rid of the easy to get parts that sold for a lot of ducats. Now there is no way to play the system and this makes it much worse and more boring.

2 hours ago, Volinus7 said:

Round robin treat all VS Go dutch?

lol let me grab some popcorn.

Umm, what? 

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

The biggest downside of this new system that gets overlooked is that you only get 1 reward per "key" and if you're in a group you are consuming them at 4 times the rate.

Yes, I don't mind this at all when it's just for the best prime part, but when it's for ducats I find it quite irritating. 

20 minutes ago, Ironlixivium said:

Umm, what? 

Well, in old void you can treat people with your keys to show hospitality, or squad can go round robin key share to make everyone equal. Now? Go dutch :p 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Dutch

Btw I'm too lazy to calculate which one is better, either 1key 4-12+ parts(don't forget to multiply number of members for total output per key) or 4relics 4parts with probably higher average ducats per part at the cost of traces grinding. 

Edited by Volinus7

2 hours ago, Volinus7 said:

Well, in old void you can treat people with your keys to show hospitality, or squad can go round robin key share to make everyone equal. Now? Go dutch :p 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Dutch

Btw I'm too lazy to calculate which one is better, either 1key 4-12+ parts(don't forget to multiply number of members for total output per key) or 4relics 4parts with probably higher average ducats per part at the cost of traces grinding. 

Oh thanks, had no idea what you were saying. But anyway I wouldn't multiply the parts for the new system, since you HAVE to input a key for a part. It's basically 1:1, but in the old system you could get a ton of parts from one key, and whoever didn't use a key got it for free, no key usage required. But either way, I just want a new, different way to get ducats. The only problem I have with the prime part system is how stupid traces are.

2 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

They're not meant to be easy to get. They're to fight the surplus of prime items one might have.

Yes, I remember that. But due to the new void system, we no longer have a surplus of Prime parts.

Edited by Ironlixivium
derp

okokokok there ARE endless fissures, those pump out more ducats than u can imagine, and as for 1 part per relic, back in the days when keys where a thing keys dropped almost exclusively on C rotations, now relics drop on almost every rotation in defense missions in tons of places, and drop on B AND C on excavation.

most of the time when I run an endless fissure I can go 20 waves, burn 4 relics, and get FIVE relics as a reward

Hmmm....

What if there were Ducat Puzzle Relics found in the Void? They would be found in containers and lockers and if you do not get all the parts, you get no ducats.

Here is the idea of how they would work-

You go to the Void mission besides DEF or Intercept and you search for 5 parts to a Ducat Puzzle Relic. If you get all 5 parts, it turns into a relic that gives a certain amount of Ducats. You can refine them for more ducats in the relic area using traces or just dissolve them into the value they show at Mission End. 

Would this be something some players would like or would they crymoan that it detracts from the game in some way?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

Hmmm....

What if there were Ducat Puzzle Relics found in the Void? They would be found in containers and lockers and if you do not get all the parts, you get no ducats.

Here is the idea of how they would work-

You go to the Void mission besides DEF or Intercept and you search for 5 parts to a Ducat Puzzle Relic. If you get all 5 parts, it turns into a relic that gives a certain amount of Ducats. You can refine them for more ducats in the relic area using traces or just dissolve them into the value they show at Mission End. 

Would this be something some players would like or would they crymoan that it detracts from the game in some way?

I think that would be great

I would tend to agree, primes and ducats by extension are more grindy and thus less common to have surpluses of in the relic versus void key system. A large part of that is how relics versus void keys are used, but another is how the reward process is more limited than an endless void key from before. Factor in traces and acquisition and you have increased front loaded grind - that is without rewards - for a slight increase in drop quality when factoring in full teams using radiant relics. The fact remains however that drop quantity has drastically decreased for a possibility at increased quality. Still, 15 ducats for one item compared to a usual t1 survival for instance usually giving around 20 on average due to a mix of low ducat items shuffled in with fusion cores and keys; and with a chance for much more. That relic will always have those same items, and there values are quite low compared to Baro's prices - the take away should be that while the chance for better gains is there with relics, you are going to be working harder for it than with the void key system - whether that is preferable or not is a personal call.