Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captura ground work for personalized profile icon? And Let's us take pictures while we kick the stalkers butt

while i do like the idea of custom profile icons i feel like there would be 2 main problems with that.

1. we would probably still need an approval process for them (while i doubt very highly anybody would be able to create absurd pictures using in game content i wouldn't put it past them) and be needing to have platinum paid to process them.

2. it would completely take away the point of other glyphs that could be bought in game... DE isn't the only group that makes money off of them and allowing people to put in their own from in game stuff would likely prevent those who made glyphs from getting anything out of them.

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So separate them..glyphs for decor or profile icons or U can use captura to customize your own profile icon( via for plat and approval process of coarse)

Still doesn't solve the problem. Few would buy the glyphs just for decor and as long as you could make your own icon you could effectively copy the appearance of some of the glyphs anyways. Many glyphs are unique to the Prime Access, and making your own would circumvent that. It also it just one more thing that DE has to spend time on and add to the game files individually and propagate it out to every player so that they can manage to see your unique icon.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

So separate them..glyphs for decor or profile icons or U can use captura to customize your own profile icon( via for plat and approval process of coarse)

That won't make a difference. It wouldn't solve any problem unless you made it so expensive that it was no longer worth it.

7 minutes ago, BetaDude40 said:

That won't make a difference. It wouldn't solve any problem unless you made it so expensive that it was no longer worth it.

You would charge the same amount for a custom icon as you would a clan logo.

8 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Many glyphs are unique to the Prime Access, and making your own would circumvent that.

True, but I disagree it wouldn't make them any less unique..besides u don't buy PA for the icon. . A custom icon via captura would be a unique addition. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

You would charge the same amount for a custom icon as you would a clan logo.

True, but I disagree it wouldn't make them any less unique..besides u don't buy PA for the icon. . A custom icon via captura would be a unique addition. 

11 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

It also it just one more thing that DE has to spend time on and add to the game files individually and propagate it out to every player so that they can manage to see your unique icon.

We do not need potentially 31 million unique icons. People don't have the several terabytes of hard drive space to contain it.

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

It would be Just like a clan logo, one at a time for plat with a approval process. No need for terabytes of memory. 

Clan logos are very limited in number due to how clans work. Clans are encouraged, even more so now, to get multiple people in them. The larger the clan, the larger the community. In each clan there is only one logo, while there can be upwards of 400 players. So while there are a lot of single member clans, there are many clans that have quite a lot of players in them, and there are many players that aren't even in a clan. That heavily reduces the number of clan logos that are going to be made in Warframe. Most clans lack logos because of needing to make your own logo being the limiter, not the cost. They don't have an easy camera system to just go snap your picture and there you go. Thus, the captura system is highly accessible to any player, removing that limiter that clan logos suffer from. So no matter how you add it up, making personal logos a thing would be far, FAR more used than custom clan logos ever would be.