Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Tenno gen to be tradable in game?

patty60205

Hi

I know why DE cant allow tenno gen to be directly bought with plat on pc, but is there a specific reason why they cant make it tradable in-game? I would be willing to over pay for tenno gen items and prime accessories (really want prime misma syandana)

Edited by patty60205

6 minutes ago, patty60205 said:

Hi

I know why DE cant allow tenno gen to be directly bought with plat on pc, but is there a specific reason why they cant make it tradable in-game? I would be willing to over pay for tenno gen items and prime accessories (really want prime misma syandana)

For the same reason it's not bought with plat on PC: money.

TennoGen items cost money because they are sold through Steam as a microtransaction. This allows the artists who created the content to get paid; it's only fair that they get paid for the things that they spent many long hours on, yes? Because of legal reasons, they can only be purchased with money as they are sold through Steam. 

Prime Access is similar. What would be the point of people buying Prime Access when they could just buy the things with Platinum?

People have to make money. TennoGen artists need to make money, and so does DE. If you don't want to cough out a few bucks for some artist-created cosmetics or support DE by purchasing Prime Access, that's on you. If you can't afford it, gonna be blunt here, but that just sucks for you. It's not fair to the rest of us who pay for our content and support artists and DE only to suddenly have all of that invalidated by you guys shmoozing away by using Platinum. No one makes money that way.

2 minutes ago, Telluric said:

TennoGen items cost money because they are sold through Steam as a microtransaction. This allows the artists who created the content to get paid; it's only fair that they get paid for the things that they spent many long hours on, yes? Because of legal reasons, they can only be purchased with money as they are sold through Steam. 

Prime Access is similar. What would be the point of people buying Prime Access when they could just buy the things with Platinum?

People have to make money. TennoGen artists need to make money, and so does DE. If you don't want to cough out a few bucks for some artist-created cosmetics or support DE by purchasing Prime Access, that's on you. If you can't afford it, gonna be blunt here, but that just sucks for you. It's not fair to the rest of us who pay for our content and support artists and DE only to suddenly have all of that invalidated by you guys shmoozing away by using Platinum. No one makes money that way.

Although it would be nice if you didn't have to go through steam to get it and you could get that stuff through a Tenno Gen tab on the Warframe site. Some of us have boycotted Valve until Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is released... might be a permanent boycott..

1 minute ago, Telluric said:

But but people supported DE for years by purchasing platinum and platinum use to be good for all cosmetics but prime. If nobody showed support by purchasing platinum then I don't think Warframe would be here today. Now platinum (that was purchased with real money) has no value when it comes to tennogen. I guess that's why alot of people who showed their support over the years (by purchasing platinum) feel like second class citizens when it comes to tennogen.

Just now, RoninJed said:

But but people supported DE for years by purchasing platinum and platinum use to be good for all cosmetics but prime. If nobody showed support by purchasing platinum then I don't think Warframe would be here today. Now platinum (that was purchased with real money) has no value when it comes to tennogen. I guess that's why alot of people who showed their support over the years (by purchasing platinum) feel like second class citizens when it comes to tennogen.

But would it be a problem if we could get it outside of Steam? I don't know if DE has some kind of contract with them regarding TennoGen, but if they don't, we shouldn't have to go through Steam for Warframe stuff.

11 minutes ago, Telluric said:

What does that have to do with what OP is asking?

If anyone has a tenno-gen item, originally it MUST HAVE BEEN PURCHASED THROUGH STEAM (on PC anyway). Thus once purchased, I should be free to trade tennogen items if I wish. The artist will always get money for the skin that was purchased.

''But they need to make money''

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

If you trade for a Tennogen skin then you're still getting it from someone who bought it. Artists lose 0 sales if it becomes tradeable.

In fact, they would actually make more sales, because people like me would buy extra skins to then sell for extortionate prices.

7 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Ain't that the way it goes? 

Well, yes, until you realize that 20p is something like $1 and people are selling the Tennogen stuff for 1k+ plat.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Although it would be nice if you didn't have to go through steam to get it and you could get that stuff through a Tenno Gen tab on the Warframe site. Some of us have boycotted Valve until Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is released... might be a permanent boycott..

Seems like a sh***y reason to boycott them. I want Half Life 3 just as much as the next guy but if everybody boycotts them, who's going to pay for Half Life 3 development?

2 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

I don't understand this, personally. You're showing support to the community for letting DE allow Tennogen, you're showing support to the (very talented) artists, and you're showing support for Warframe in general by buying cosmetics and spending real money on it anyways.

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

But would it be a problem if we could get it outside of Steam? I don't know if DE has some kind of contract with them regarding TennoGen, but if they don't, we shouldn't have to go through Steam for Warframe stuff.

They do have a contract through Steam. It's part of the reason why console players can't have non-plat Tennogen stuff.

Just now, ChargeBeam said:

They do have a contract through Steam. It's part of the reason why console players can't have non-plat Tennogen stuff.

Aha, didn't know. By the way, to me, it is a good reason. Valve couldn't finish a memo on time if their lives depended on it.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

''But they need to make money''

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

If you trade for a Tennogen skin then you're still getting it from someone who bought it. Artists lose 0 sales if it becomes tradeable.

In fact, they would actually make more sales, because people like me would buy extra skins to then sell for extortionate prices.

So you think people should be able to sell their Excal Primes, Lato Primes, and Skana Primes? I think I could get 80k Plat out of them, haha.

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Well DE kinda acted like it's this way because of steam then later mentioned it was like an exclusive deal with steam.

1 minute ago, ChargeBeam said:

I don't understand this, personally. You're showing support to the community for letting DE allow Tennogen, you're showing support to the (very talented) artists, and you're showing support for Warframe in general by buying cosmetics and spending real money on it anyways.

You don't understand? OK well there are people with lots and lots of platinum that they purchased over the years showing support for DE. Now platinum has no value what so ever when it comes to tennogen and tennogen is getting better and is coming out faster and faster. If your new to Warframe and haven't spent a dime then I could see why one wouldn't be against or as upset with tennogen.

3 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

You don't understand? OK well there are people with lots and lots of platinum that they purchased over the years showing support for DE. Now platinum has no value what so ever when it comes to tennogen and tennogen is getting better and is coming out faster and faster. If your new to Warframe and haven't spent a dime then I could see why one wouldn't be against or as upset with tennogen.

It's the same with Prime Access, really. If you're not gonna spend real money on the game, you're SoL for both Prime Accessories and Tennogen.

Spoiler

lLvJ2HM.png

I've put a literal f**kton of money into this game across Prime Access and Platinum Purchases.

I like those cosmetics enough to buy them for myself.

The only thing I'd support is being able to gift it to other players.

46 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

you: WTB Volt amp Skin

me: Offer?

you: 20p

me: ಠ_ಠ

Well according to supply and demand, it would be sold at a price slightly higher then the plat equivalent of buying on steam.

i personally would pay over 1k for prime misma :D

56 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

50 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Here's the thing:
First: DE has a contract with steam so they can't pull the existing items into their own store without a lot of work and some cost.  Its part of the reason that the console tennogen is so limited in what comes over: DE has to sign a few agreements and pay steam a bit to get the items to the console builds and stuff (that's only part of the reason but its the relevant part).

Second, and this is from a developer prospective: Why should DE spend hundreds of work hours and lots of money on creating a tennogen hosting platform when they already have a platform that reaches most of their playerbase and handles all of the legalities and logistic work for them?
Because they would have to put time and money into building a platform, then time and money into figuring out all the legal stuff of paying people in various countries and everything entitled there-in, and then spend more time and money maintaining it.
Steam handles all of that and only asks for a cut of the profits.  Overall its a fairly fair deal for everyone involved, probably costs DE far, far less than trying to roll thier own solution to something that has already been solved, and ensures that the creators of the content gets paid for their work.

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Here's the thing:
First: DE has a contract with steam so they can't pull the existing items into their own store without a lot of work and some cost.  Its part of the reason that the console tennogen is so limited in what comes over: DE has to sign a few agreements and pay steam a bit to get the items to the console builds and stuff (that's only part of the reason but its the relevant part).

Second, and this is from a developer prospective: Why should DE spend hundreds of work hours and lots of money on creating a tennogen hosting platform when they already have a platform that reaches most of their playerbase and handles all of the legalities and logistic work for them?
Because they would have to put time and money into building a platform, then time and money into figuring out all the legal stuff of paying people in various countries and everything entitled there-in, and then spend more time and money maintaining it.
Steam handles all of that and only asks for a cut of the profits.  Overall its a fairly fair deal for everyone involved, probably costs DE far, far less than trying to roll thier own solution to something that has already been solved, and ensures that the creators of the content gets paid for their work.

I agree with you on that, middle men normally make all of the money. It is good the artists get paid though.

49 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

It's the same with Prime Access, really. If you're not gonna spend real money on the game, you're SoL for both Prime Accessories and Tennogen.

Hide contents

lLvJ2HM.png

I've put a literal f**kton of money into this game across Prime Access and Platinum Purchases.

I like those cosmetics enough to buy them for myself.

The only thing I'd support is being able to gift it to other players.

Wow that's alot...didn't know we could see the total amount we've spent on the game...I guess i feel better now hehe. I hope DE isn't relying on people like yourself to keep Warframe afloat...that could be disastrous for us all.

13 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Wow that's alot...didn't know we could see the total amount we've spent on the game...I guess i feel better now hehe. I hope DE isn't relying on people like yourself to keep Warframe afloat...that could be disastrous for us all.

If you play through Steam, you can check under the Warframe Badge. Badges -> "How do I get more card drops?"