The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Revisited.

(PSN)ThatPersonInMars

I would like it if you can shoot enemies outside when you're inside the Magnetize bubble and a slightly higher energy pool.  But I think I get around the current Mag.

Question about her Crush Augment : Is the armor strip permanent?,

On 3/30/2017 at 0:32 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

what are ..you talking about ...  ?

yes ive read this supposed rework...but it comes as someone who hasnt tried to explore the current mag powers 

i love my mag , i use her frequently with my beloved supra , literally rain of gattling death..but thats besides the point

she is very strong in sorties against corpus n grineer now but you have to apply tactics and not be suicidal , same concept applies with banshee and nova

to be survivable dont stand in 1 spot and try being a mage style caster

combining her powers with her ability to be mobile and pickup loot via bullet jump is a well known tactic

her 1 has a chance to drop energy, casting it while her other powers are being used can make that work to your advantage, say if 2 is about to detonate cast and then everything that dies that was affected can drop orbs...?

casting 2 onto multiple targets brings them all together, literally flying together, fire into it from the top with a head-shot buff , do this from far away you get stealth buff to

casting 3 and her 4ths pwrs augment works together  , literally removing armor faster then just spamming 3 

4 is a huge cc aoe, and deals damage and removes armor, normally cast 4&3 in sequence for this ^ 

use 2 to create a bubble FIRE into bubble, to amp up its damage, detonates and nukes 

i play with efficiency, strength and range, and its served me well 

so im not sure why your so set to change her when she is strong , it just takes time and practice to learn the new style and even some  testing and experimenting, skill gap frame maybe?

now if there was something truly wrong with her, but in truth there isnt 

I completely agree!  I absolutely love mag post rework.  I can understand if someone hadn't played her much or experimented with various mod setups, how they might not think she is so great, but she is someone who can reach "god like" potential.  I think she is very balanced now compared to before the rework.  Her abilities have a synergy to them that not all of the Warframes have.  Magnetize is one of her abilities that can almost stand on its own which is why a lot of people say its her best ability.  But reaching her "god like" potential is when you combine her abilities together.  I love playing her cause there is a balance in abilities used.  A very common complaint with mag is her energy capacity, but it really isn't too bad to deal with.  Just requires an efficiency build and maybe energy siphon or zenurik focus school, and the energy pool isn't a problem at all.  

Edited by (PS4)ceejmr333

53 minutes ago, (PS4)ceejmr333 said:

I completely agree!  I absolutely love mag post rework.  I can understand if someone hadn't played her much or experimented with various mod setups, how they might not think she is so great, but she is someone who can reach "god like" potential.  I think she is very balanced now compared to before the rework.  Her abilities have a synergy to them that not all of the Warframes have.  Magnetize is one of her abilities that can almost stand on its own which is why a lot of people say its her best ability.  But reaching her "god like" potential is when you combine her abilities together.  I love playing her cause there is a balance in abilities used.  A very common complaint with mag is her energy capacity, but it really isn't too bad to deal with.  Just requires an efficiency build and maybe energy siphon or zenurik focus school, and the energy pool isn't a problem at all.  

when i had a chat live on this the other day, the main points people complained on is that her 2 is very useful but the other powers fall off in endgame, now granted i like combining them all together like saryn does

currently using the 4s augment plus 3 is a way to strip armor fast

using 3 on armor amps up damage as it leaves those metal flechettes on ground, thats were i see her synergy working better, have those literally everywhere in game xD 

now granted i use supras augment to gain energy, and with her 2 its very synergistice as it counts the damage it deals to the meter 

On 01.04.2017 at 3:12 AM, YAWL said:

150 Energy on a 'caster-style' frame is simply ridiculous.

This.

Also some people would say "Use pull bro it drops energy orbs!"

No, it only drops if enemies killed with pull and pull damage starts to fall of at mid lvls.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

cast 2 and as it detonates cast 1 

i get fields of orbs . _. ?

also supra  + augment are great with her 

Good tactic, still 150 base energy is too low for a "caster frame" imo

Oh also, If it detonates Magnetize kills them not pull? :shocked:

I'm not saying Mag is useless but if you say a caster frame, you would expect a higher energy pool. It's a common sense for almost every single fantasy game: Casters have higher energy/mana/essence etc.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur

7 minutes ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

Good tactic, still 150 base energy is too low for a "caster frame" imo

Oh also, If it detonates Magnetize kills them not pull? :shocked:

i guess? ive never had an issue, i use rage and if damage i just cast 3 to get shields back and lifestrike 

also i use supra and constantly get energy as its guage stacks per kill in her 2 

i combine 1 and 2 all the time and it dosnt seem to care, still ups the drop rate  

and primed flow and fleeting go well together 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I would like to see Mag have higher energy pool because she is a caster frame or her abilities cost tweaked.

The Magnetize problem is casting take too long and lock you on the spot, and the gravity pull of Magnetize is so weak that the enemies can walk out easily, also it kinda pull them in very slow.

The Polarize have too much disadvantage to be useful during in game without higher strength build and longer duration to make it efficient. This need a rework on stats and energy costs (75 energy) to make players want to cast it more than Magnetize first.

Crush is definitely need a better passive than Knockdown and even Frost's Avalanche does better CC and have faster casting animation and no cooldown. I would like see Crush get rework or get a better ability replace it.

The Magnetize problem is casting take too long and lock you on the spot, and the gravity pull of Magnetize is so weak that the enemies can walk out easily, also it kinda pull them in very slow.

Yeah, I've noticed this quite a bit. Is the pull of Magnetize affected by mods somehow or is it a bug? If her 2 and her 1 could come out a bit faster I think it would help quite a bit if you're not someone that just wants to spam bubbles everywhere.

Edited by blacklusterseph