Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing inertia

Chewarette

Hi,

I've done the Salacia - Neptune Archwing Nitain Alert (Corpus, Sabotage) right now, and it seems the Archwing's inertia was greatly increased. The flight speed seems faster than before by a little bit but that was not a big deal. The inertia was a bigger problem in my opinion. Impossible to stop without flying backwards, curves had to be anticipated by 2km if you don't want to kiss every wall of this wreckage...

Was that in a hotfix ? Didn't see anything about this, only option for the previous archwing controls and I didn't touch any archwing-related options, was this change supposed to impact Archwing physics ?

Edited by Chewarette

11 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I've been hitting every single wall in AW mission since its release, so I doubt things have changed. 

Dunno, I have the feeling it is way worse now. Cannot say when it has changed as Archwing stuff is rare.

I know that before, when you reached extraction, even with the thrusters, you just have to release the forward key and you stopped on the extraction point. Now you have to go backwards in order to brake, and it isn't even enough.

Usually I can manage to move around the ship's wreckage quite fine, hitting some walls when I'm too confident with the thrusters, but yesterday ? I tried to be as slow as possible and it wasn't even possible. I guess that's just a matter to getting used to this inertia, but this change seems undocumented as far as I read the updates/hotfixes, that's why I asked.

9 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Dunno, I have the feeling it is way worse now. Cannot say when it has changed as Archwing stuff is rare.

I know that before, when you reached extraction, even with the thrusters, you just have to release the forward key and you stopped on the extraction point. Now you have to go backwards in order to brake, and it isn't even enough.

Usually I can manage to move around the ship's wreckage quite fine, hitting some walls when I'm too confident with the thrusters, but yesterday ? I tried to be as slow as possible and it wasn't even possible. I guess that's just a matter to getting used to this inertia, but this change seems undocumented as far as I read the updates/hotfixes, that's why I asked.

Yea, its been that messed up for a long time. I've had team mates dying on me because I wasted 10 seconds dancing around their bodies without being able to hit revive. Very frustrating. Even during the Fomorian event I used to miss the door because of inertia, but at least back then I could steer a little better.