Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else think farming Kuva kinda sucks?

Rakosta_Kai

I genuinely detest this mode...

All mobs park right under the extractor and the extractor parks itself next to walls and columns giving nary a bit of room to actually intercept the Kuva itself from a number of the sides.

Maybe it's just my luck that sucks...

Grineer ships aren't too terrible (typically), Corpus and Infested are a nightmare though for me.

The most stupid part of Kuva is that you can only farm it outside a Fortress that gathers it. Why cant I break in and steel it? Ow wait, we already break in, but the Kuva is not there. Almost as if its in another castle.

5 minutes ago, Xardis said:

The most stupid part of Kuva is that you can only farm it outside a Fortress that gathers it. Why cant I break in and steel it? Ow wait, we already break in, but the Kuva is not there. Almost as if its in another castle.

Makes one question if they ever actually gathered any apart from the droplet the Queens' scepter had.

Just now, BemoGuinness said:

I think it should just be able to get it from the Fortress tile set in smaller more consistant amounts with the option to get it in higher amounts from kuva floods in an alert type system.

that's worse, why would you put into alerts..

26 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Would make sense...

A Kuva Fortress Hijack/Mobile Defense mission for a few thousand Kuva per player would be a nifty mode imo.

Do it up like a multi node CTF with the enemies trying to recapture it at each point where you had to 

• Steal it
  • Protect/Defend it via transport to Extraction to keep it from being re-taken or destroyed
  • Protect/Defend it at Extraction point until timer elapses.

Sounds like alot more fun than trying to intercept Kuva as it magically appears from a wall.

38 minutes ago, Xardis said:

The most stupid part is forced teeno.

31 minutes ago, BemoGuinness said:

I think it should just be able to get it from the Fortress tile set in smaller more consistant amounts with the option to get it in higher amounts from kuva floods in an alert type system.

You mean like the Formorian Alerts were, just alot more often?

Kuva Farming is not a good way to attract players into the Riven Mod's world. The concept of the idea behind rivens is flawed and badly implemented and there's a lot of wasted potential regarding this issue.

• There should be a way to farm Kuva inside the Kuva Fortress. Honestly, since I completed TWW I haven't gone there besides sorties missions that force me to play there. Perhaps allowing players to farm Kuva there in greater ways and quantity may cause players to visit this tileset more frequently.
  • The current rewards are kind of atrocious. It's already weird enough to play the same repetitive minigame to get almost nothing. It almost feels like a punishment, a job or work that we have to get done in order to get horribly rewarded for our effort. For realsies, if you don't have boosters you'll have to successfully complete 6 of these missions in order to reroll a riven after the 10th time. This is why players consider it a waste of time, so I suggest to greatly increase the Kuva reward we get per mission. You might think I'm crazy but if the current rewards get doubled I would say that it would be "fair enough", considering the time we have to waste playing these missions.
  • It's not fun to play. Okay, maybe I went hard in there and there might be some group of elitist players that looove to do this on a daily basis, but I can't help but feel that this is ultra boring and tedious to do. Sure, the first 10 times I play it it's "fun", "entertaining" and perhaps even exciting(?). However, when pass that point you start to feel tired about it. Pretty much like everything in this life, if you abuse of something too much you might get burned out and eventually bored of that thing, but Kuva is a core mechanic regarding the Riven mods and I don't think it should be this repetitive to play such a mission. Even the Kuva floods are the same missions but with tougher enemies... and that's it.
  • At times it is disturbingly glitchy. I know, I know, these are some mistakes that are not intended to be there and we can not directly "blame" DE for it but seriously, there are some occasions that makes me feel like I'm totally wasting my time playing such a minigame. For example, the Kuva cloud is ultra unforgiving; it gets stuck, invisible, camouflaged with the enviroment (specially on Eris), the noise it makes may persist during the entire mission and if you're unlucky you'll get a combination of everything stated above. We can only hope for DE to fix it whenever they can, but it's a strong drawback nonetheless.

Even if I personally think #RivensAreAMistake I would at least want the farm and the grind of such an interesting concept to be perfectly implemented. Plus since the update we've seen a lot of even more interesting ideas that might Rivens and Kuva Farming fun to play, so it might be worth to go back and check said suggestions.

For me, the problem is that the area around kuva siphons are bullet hells with all kinds of specials dropping on your head. The operator has a measly 100 health, and other than 3 or so dashes, no way of getting out of the line of fire. Whilst your operator is getting pounded left and right, they expect you to be able to spot the kuva cloud, and grab it.

This seems like the exact opposite kind of situation that you would want to place the operator in, design-wise.

I ran the grind to build Orvius and enough kuva to reroll the riven I got from TWW a few times, but that's it. Game mode it too clunky to be fun and the layers of RNG around rivens does not motivate me to obtain more, so I don't play the missions anymore.

The only thing I hate about them is how odd the pathing on the Kuva is.

Half the time it works as intended, yet at random it'll be incredibly fast and hard to track in incredibly tiny rooms. 

The Infested maps are my biggest problem honestly, as the dark reds make it a lot harder to find the Kuva, especially when everything is so cramped.

I played a handfull of kuva-missions and I found them equally confusing and hard to do because of the combination of looking, killing, avoiding getting killed by the elites swarming you, my operator trying to blast the fatsuit guys, and so on.

Rivens never was attractive to me in the first place to be honest.  But the setup of these missions only made me ignore them completely. 

Kuva farming is very boring and repetitive process, with no guaranteed progression.

At the very least Siphon should give more Kuva the more Kuva clouds it gathered, to introduce some risk/reward element to it.

edit: alternatively there should be a way to speed the process up, like destroying braids by gunfire forcing Kuva clouds to appear immediatly.

Edited by Ivan_Rid

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

I genuinely detest this mode...

All mobs park right under the extractor and the extractor parks itself next to walls and columns giving nary a bit of room to actually intercept the Kuva itself from a number of the sides.

Maybe it's just my luck that sucks...

Grineer ships aren't too terrible (typically), Corpus and Infested are a nightmare though for me.

totally agree, though I actually find Corpus Tilesets easier since they have bigger rooms, and thus you get way more time to find the Kuva. in Grineer Tilesets though, the stuff spawns literally 2ft away from the machine, it's really stupid. DE should probably revisit the rooms they allow for Kuva siphons and take some of the smaller ones out.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

totally agree, though I actually find Corpus Tilesets easier since they have bigger rooms, and thus you get way more time to find the Kuva. in Grineer Tilesets though, the stuff spawns literally 2ft away from the machine, it's really stupid. DE should probably revisit the rooms they allow for Kuva siphons and take some of the smaller ones out.

Agree on the need of a placement revisit.

14 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

They need to put 400 kuva rewards in endless rotation, I think.

YES!

Kuva farming is a chore, boring ,on top of that we have a bit_ch RNG when rolling rivens, like when you find 3 amazing stats and the 4th is a -199% dmg you wanna punch a wall ..

More Kuva, less S#&$ RNG stats ( at least for those so called Strong dispositions aka 4/5 full highlighted dots in the weapons stats )

strong or faint, -dmg -multishot cr_ap stats in the riven systems should just go and never come back