Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plethoric moshpit of "ideas" for a D&D style thread in the near future...Chronicles of our Myth infoquarters(OOC and stuff, RP)

AerinSol

IMPORTANT!!!

Co-DM: @Unus

IMPORTANT^^^

Off the top of my head(cuz I'm winging it) a limit of 6-8 powers.

We will use a die mechanic. 20 side.

https://rolz.org/

This will be very unorganized for the first week.

Setting will be random to just keep going in small events taking place for 1 or 2 weeks.

Edit#1

https://discord.gg/abxPvm5

In case anyone is suffering from a mod-que. Also, better fluidity to the RP.

Addition #1

Setting Summary:

Earth, year 2017. A sudden shift in planar forces has caused the modern world to collide with the Fae world. A world of magic, Gods in flesh, and forgotten life faded into myth.

The Change:

It was sudden. In the first week people would dissappear  and missing people reports skyrocketed across the world. World Leaders convened to qwell public concern. There was no pattern to the dissapearances. No signs of foul play. No one took responsibility for it; not one terrorist, militia or extremist group. News reported that even they had been affected.

An estimated 8 million people around the world vanished.

17 planes vanished before all flights were cancelled. 100's of freight and cruise ships. There were entire villages that were now missing. New geographical landmarks from jagged hills to an entire oceans in the middle east. People walking a few feet and seemingly vanishing in the view of others. Walking toward another room in their house and never being seen again by their families.

Raving preachers started to appear on the corners of each city, every town and village. Spewing religious idolitary about their faiths version of end of days. Wreckages with cars involving trees and rock on plain roads. Overturned vehicles on plain streets. Buildings covered in foreign plants. Some causing severe allergies. Others wringing the life from those within.

Theories were abound. Religious diction from Gods of now or long forgotten, aliens, global warming causing such geographical shifts as a "swallowing earth phenomenon" or a "rebelling Earth", to a planetary shift within the Sol system and cosmic displacement of our galactic arm.

A more detailed basic summary will be added of what the setting is at a later time.

Edit#3 Addition#2

The Premise

We will start 3-4 months after the first week mentioned when I jumped the gun up there with the second edit...

This RP will be based on the modern world current C.E.2017. Colliding with the one of the other planer worlds(realities)that exist. Currently it is set to be the basic mythological world of the Fae. But more modernized to keep some senses of progression of civilization. Between 13th to 17th century tech. It has been discussed orcs will be more technologically advance in the Faerun.

Goverments have quarantined entire areas where portals are prevalent. The cities of Bangladesh and Rio are under heavy guard and containment after both cities had their entire population wiped out do to toxins and disease respectively.

Diplomatic conventions are being worked on with the Faerun. To create doctrines to regulate and bring some order to the chaos.

Both sides have no clue on how this happened. Public pressure on our side had forced all goverments to reveal any projects both legal and not that could have caused this. Our scientist can't make head or tails of what is happenning since magic is not quantifiable. The scholars of this "mirror" world or world of magic, are also baffled. The Great Barrier never even showed signs of wavering.

The Great Barrier was solidified(made permanent and indestructible) after the Black Death period on this world. When the faefolk thought it too dangerous to remain with any connections with us. Previously it was only there to control routes into the Faerun and for a personal space ideal.

A spell within the barrier itself is what "sealed" all magic in our world. It was written into the nature of our world(independent of the barrier seal) that we would be forbidden from even using magic do to the persecution of "witches" during the black death. One part of the world erred. And our whole world was shunned basically. In other words. Yes. The Black Death happened and the Fae were fine with it. Their people suffered as well. But, the acts; mostly in Europe; of hunting witches caused them for the first time to heavily consider and implement(which they did) a contingency to protect their people. They saw it as an outright attack on all magic. Even if most of the persecuted were average humans with no magical attributes to them.

Magic will trickle back into our world. But because of the nature laws that were written it is similar to putting a master's degree into magical studies to be able to finally start using the most basic of spells. Or even, rudimentary use of raw magical energy from withing ones own self.

World News

What the news reveals to the public is that most of their world is uninhabited because their world is dangerous. Contrary to our tales of it being rich and lavish with forests.

Think about it. Is our world just one big meadow? I ask since we can barely live(back then without today's technology and understanding) in mountains or even under the sea.

There are 6-8 kingdoms in the parallel world. Still in work:

Orcs will be in one kingdom. 3 hours into deciding a name. It will be: Akrom Ghuran. The most technologically advanced at around 17th-18th century tech. This is going on the premise of them having been master smithers that they have developed faster than the other races.

Medical companies, resource corporations and the like want to send teams to start excavations for natural resources.

The last war on the other side was 80-110 years ago. A bleak memory that was mostly ignored being chronicled by historians.

^^^^^^Very obvious this will be the part of the main plot.^^^^^^^^

Demi-Gods maybe even actual rather "weak" Gods are prevalent in the world. But are shunned do to a complicated history in the mirror world.

So we are hoping to start off with  one of us having a crazy uncle in a psyche ward. I or someone else(my attendance is spotty) rummaged through the attic and found one of his journals. It coincides with some of the names of the kingdoms that the news have mentioned are on the other side
so it will begin in this world with a small fiasco at the hospital trying to contact him. Clearly he has been there before while both worlds where isolated from each other.
Being heavily medicated, forcibly, by family for a couple of decades his mind has waivered. Diagnosed Schizophrenic by our doctors. He was placed there out of concern.
Then we will proceed to the town on the other side that sits right on top of us
and I'll do something to start a chain of events for first time travelers
I will try to blurr the lines of what is right and wrong as much as I can.

Edit#4

No die.

Edit#5

We all start as human on this world. Once we get to the other world you can add 2-3 more character from either plane.

Edit#6

Maybe die.

Edit#7

First part is being tweaked so we could begin. We implore you to create character descriptions @

Also added co-DM to top of page.

Edit: 8

Each major event or drastic change in story will be followed by a NEWS event or Town Crier deliberating information. It can be random information to build the world or hold important change to allow access to a larger or even different part of the world.

A small summary of recent events.

A nudge into a direction if needed.

Edited by AerinSol
I'm writing too much. Send halp.

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, AerinSol said:

Been a while. Will update sometime today with the ideas we just formulated in Discord. Will be taking names for civilizations and kingdoms. They are both not the same.

You have my significant attention for this particular piece madam! One of my favorite things to do is to CREATE civilizations and kingdoms in my spare time! Mind if I join in in this part of the process?

37 minutes ago, Unus said:

You have my significant attention for this particular piece madam! One of my favorite things to do is to CREATE civilizations and kingdoms in my spare time! Mind if I join in in this part of the process?

of course. we got a 1 after 3 hours of debating on the discord @DenPlassen

45 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

of course. we got a 1 after 3 hours of debating on the discord @DenPlassen

Really? What civilization or kingdom would that be? Just asking so I don't accidentally tread on the toes of others with the 12 or 14 that I currently have rattling around in my brain.

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Really? What civilization or kingdom would that be? Just asking so I don't accidentally tread on the toes of others with the 12 or 14 that I currently have rattling around in my brain.

We agreed on an orc civilization. the name will be in the summary that Aerin is writing

Ah, good, good, didn't have any real good orcish ones save an orc merchant republic of back-stabbery and avarice.

The one I have at the forefront of my mind is frustrateing me, mostly because I can't recall the Dungeons name of it. You have a Monster Manual handy?

Edited by Unus

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, good, good, didn't have any real good orcish ones save an orc merchant republic of back-stabbery and avarice.

The one I have at the forefront of my mind is frustrateing me, mostly because I can't recall the Dungeons name of it. You have a Monster Manual handy?

I do.

There was this race of reptilian creatures which were said to have a draconic lineage that gradually diluted over time. I can't think of a name for the life of me, but I have all the presentable details for them right here.

Struggling through me old notes, it looks like it was a nation of kobolds who sought longevity like their "draconic ancestors" . . . through necromancy. A small living caste ruleing over a vast industrial force of undead of many races.

Unlike the typical "evil villains plotting in their dark towers" however, the necromancers of the culture simply wish to spread "the Gift" to the other tribes while growing their nation slowly and steadily with tireless efficiency.

The only time they ever really try to be diplomatic is when they attempt to negotiate for more corpses or even exotic ones from neighboring kingdoms in exchange for, say, access to tireless laborers or one of their "longevity" secrets.

I have soooooo much more to say from the page, but, I think you get the gist.

So. Since Discord has slowed down.

Need ideas on which country on this side the spotlight will be mostly on. I know the U.N. will be the obvious choice and Peter Thomson the main top-dog in deals and such. But what country should be getting the most influx of "authorized" communications? Thinking of passing off Europe as a whole. Where the elves are.