Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving Backwards During Melee??? [Fixed]

Think I may have one rare case of what the ?

No matter which melee weapon I equip, when holding down W to move forward and then pressing E to melee attack, I start to move backwards and the more I press E the more I move backwards. I initially though ok maybe just a glitch and moved on, however replaying the mission made me realize I keep on having the same problem. 

I found it to happen when I have primary/secondary weapon equipped and when I have the melee weapon itself equipped. This seems to happen on this specific tile only.

Can anyone else test and verify this?

Yesterday, I did a submersible mission on uranus, everytime after i get out from the waters (archwing), when i use melee attacks, I'm always moving backwards, like moonwalking, it can be normal again if I'm died and revive again.

Ps : I use ash, and lesion

As the title says. After getting staggered by a Grineer Roller, all my melee attacks, both quick and standard, while moving started moving my character backwards instead of forwards. Things went back to normal during the next mission, but yeah, that was a problem. Couldn't hit anything.

Edited by [DE]Saske
edited title

So I've noticed that a few of my melee weapons (plasma sword, Galatine, etc) on Warframe have this bug where I slowly moved backwards while swinging. This is both when the melee when is sheathed and unsheathed. I don't know if this is due to the Iron Phoenix stance or just the weapons though.

It is definitely acting like you are pushing the button to walk backward.

First, check your keybindings and go ahead and reset them to the default if you can. 

Be sure you do not have any controllers or things your computer might think are controllers plugged into your computer. 

If that doesn't help, then next check what other programs you have running. One program I like to use, Nifty Windows, messes with my S key, and I have to close it whenever I want to play games. Just try closing anything that even has a small chance of being responsible.

You can try a program like NohBoard to show what keys your computer thinks you are using, it helped me solve a different problem in another game once before. https://sourceforge.net/projects/nohboard/

32 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! This is a tricky issue we're looking into. We don't have a timeline on a fix but we're investigating. If you have anymore information feel free to post them in this thread or pm me.

I got this problem twice , first with destreza on excalibur while playin Octavia quest in submarine lab grineer, secon time playng as nekros farming polymer bundle always in grineer lab with War. First case i was solo, second case i was with a party of 4 (i wasn't the host)

Since U20, I've noticed that when I move forward and perform combos with the dual swords (Swirling Tiger stance at least. Still have yet to try with Crossing Snakes), my Warframe will slide backwards with each melee swing, which is quite annoying when I'm trying to keep on an enemy who is running away (or even standing still for that matter >_> ) . I've had to resort to mainly slide attacks when I'd rather be doing the stance combos.

Similar issue is happening in Jordas Verdict consistently (JV Raid/Trial) after U20. Except the move direction is forward instead of backwards. Every single time in the first mission when you exit the Archwing mode into the Normal gameplay, this issue occurs. It gets fixed immediately after you proceed to second mission (loading screen) of the Raid/Trial.

It is little bit different in other ways too:

If you just use melee attack (quick or equipped) you move forward as if you were pressing forward key (W). But on top of that you are unable to use any other movement direction keys simultaneously, aka you cannot strafe melee at all. It just does nothing if you press left strafe (A) or right strafe (D) while using melee. It seems to have something to do with the Archwing transition to normal mode. On the other hand this issue has not happened once to me in the third mission where you enter and exit AW/Normal modes several times for the Nerve stages.