Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving Backwards During Melee??? [Fixed]

I noticed this happen to me too when I was playing in a submersible mission. Moving forward and using the melee attack while melee weapon is equipped or not would make me walk backwards while swinging. This happened with Secura Lecta and I think the Galatine Prime, though I highly doubt it's related to what weapon it is. Common factor seems to be going into AW mode and coming back out.

33 minutes ago, TGKazein said:

Common factor seems to be going into AW mode and coming back out.

Pitching in my findings from a post with a bunch of Titania bugs last week. Archwing mode has a melee movement carryover bug. The last direction you were moving when exiting archwing mode and returning to warframe mode, gets applied to your movement when meleeing with a movement key pressed. Effectively that archwing-exiting direction gets stored and takes priority over the direction you press when meleeing in warframe mode. Exiting your submersible archwing mode has a quick animation scripted to it, which must get read as a backwards movement. The effect persists through the rest of the mission, sadly. The best you can do is just not hold a direction while meleeing, and you'll at least use stationary swinging animations.

As Titania, you can experiment around a lot more with it, as you have full directional control while you exit razorwing, which is basically archwing. Here is the video I posted of the bug in action, which is very likely the exact same bug:

This is a problem that is very reproducable, when the player ends up switching between Archwing and Warframe.

Today, I am having the problem again while doing Uranus Sabotage.

Edited by YasharF

You wouldn't happen to be just getting out of the water on Uranus would you? Same thing happens to me every time I exit sharkwing portions, pressing forward while meleeing sends me moonwalking backwards. Seems to get worse with higher range weapons too.

On 7-4-2017 at 10:50 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! This is a tricky issue we're looking into. We don't have a timeline on a fix but we're investigating. If you have anymore information feel free to post them in this thread or pm me.

I haven't experienced the issue (yet) but I remember one of the recent hotfixes addressing an issue with melee and camera position in the new Captura mode (the character would turn to where the camera was facing in free camera mode). It may not be related but it's a starting point I guess.

While melee attacking and pressing W, instead of moving forward and melee attacking, I managed to start moving backwards instead of forwards. This occurred to me and a few of my friends several times, and although was funny at first, is rather annoying at points. We're not sure what causes it, as it seems to just randomly happen, and doesn't stop until we restart warframe, but hopefully it can be fixed.

On 4/8/2017 at 8:50 AM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! This is a tricky issue we're looking into. We don't have a timeline on a fix but we're investigating. If you have anymore information feel free to post them in this thread or pm me.

I get this problem with melee combos that require backwards movement. They used to cause you to move forward because the game understood it as being a special combo, but now, it actually moves you backwards and forces you to basically not use those combo's because you move away from your target.

Just a question, I had this problem today in a mission on Uranus. I switched back to Experimental Archwing Flight mode after trying out the old system and disliking it.

How many of you experiencing this bug are using the Experimental option?

Somehow I managed to fall into water on planet that was not Uranus and still experienced that bug. So apparently this bug is not connected to the tileset/planet - it's tied with using archwing and jumping out of water after. Current warframe/weaponry doesn't matter. /unstuck doesn't help, but death does, so if that bug happened to you - just let them dirty grineers attack you til you drop dead. After resurrecting this bug will be gone

Edited by Denetrios
New details

There is a bug going on in this map when i go in there to farm poly bundles that when i land in the water or fall in it, when i come out of the water im back pedaling when i do melee. it makes the mission so hard that im constantly back pedaling while trying to kill them. 

Had this bug too. Something i found that may help (although not really tested, but it's worth a shot)

Run at your target, then slide melee. It should get you close enough that your normal melee is then in range. stab then just a little and if they get out of range simply slide melee close again

Yeah, this is happening to me, too.

But, for me it's consistently happening to me when I go in to the missions. It happens randomly to me whether I'm, in the water or not. This is very annoying for me and I bet others because I've got to complete missions using the melee and it's hard when you're moving backwards the entire time trying to kill enemies!

On 4/7/2017 at 1:50 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Any updates on when this is going to be prioritized?

+1 for having the melee moonwalk down to a fine art. Haven't done the experimentation that others have, but I have noticed it heavily with Valkyr frame since I'm swinging them claws so often. It's made it almost impossible to use the frame in some cases since even having a little forward momentum seems to send me back a little, even if I'm not holding W-key down at the time I start to swing, just enough to walk me away from hitting an enemy. I'm being forced to use my blaster...

So uncivilized...

Hey guys. I've been having a bit of a problem after being in missions where there can be submersion sections (like Uranus and Neptune). After I come out of the water, when I perform melee attacks, it makes me slide backward! So as I'm swinging my Broken War, I'm sliding AWAY from enemies. HELP?!