Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Tirkar Helmet

CURRENT STATUS:

I NEED HELP. I'm quite confused on where to go with this... I posted these images on the workshop page on steam (here's the direct link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1092347026), and I got a lot of mixed replies.

"The textures are too sharp" "The textures are too low res compared to the body" <- (Those don't make any sense but I thought I'd share for the giggles)

The ones I semi understand: "It doesn't match the aesthetic of warframe" - It's certainly a step in a different direction, but I think it looks pretty badass on rhino and suits him well.

"Needs to be more matte to fit the body" - I did what I could to match any reflectivity to the main suit's reflectivity.

"Too flat" - In reference to the shapes, this I fear changing the most because it requires a redesign and stripping it down to the mesh and remodeling. Basically starting over again.

The original forums posts I made seemed to get a bit of positive attention, and not many suggestions to redirect the model, however, there were various suggestions to change on steam's workshop. Perhaps I went too far when I began texturing and messed something up? I know this doesn't fit the Halloween themed tennogen round so I have a little time to change something if it needs be, but I was hoping for some insights from you lovely peoples. The pictures from the steam page are below if you don't want to go to the link.

I should also mention the thumbs up to thumbs down was about 75% up to 25% down.

Thanks!

rlTZLpdl.jpg

mpieIIdl.jpg

QIsrxsSl.jpg

T6YnQ1il.jpg

YqBaldTl.jpg

Previous Updates:

xWxLp1Ym.png8V0ttyGm.pngq0sPRb7m.png

Original Post:

I've been working on a Rhino helmet design but I've gotten so caught up in working that I've totally neglected the marvelous creature that is the forums.

Here's multiple views of a rough sculpt. Got lots of work to go but I want to know if people are interested in the design to begin with...

aLMXt2Rm.png

goDoGPLm.png

3If19mwm.png

Thoughts? Please feel free to be critical. Thanks!

Edited by GoldenxHawk
Update

Rhino Tirkar Helmet

It doesn't look like a tirkey... :( :sad:

Image result for turkey>>>>>>goDoGPLm.png

14 minutes ago, GoldenxHawk said:

Thoughts? Please feel free to be critical. Thanks!

In all seriousness, as a rough draft, it looks amazing to me and I like most of the model.

One gripe I have though is that I don't think the tubes on the helmet really fit how Rhino looks at all and I feel it would look unatural with this rest of Rhino's body with those tubes. Also, lorewise the Tenno don't really have to breath so breathing tubes would be unecessary lorewise.

Also, remember that Tennogen items can't have anything that resemble eyes unless it's just a retexture of the base helmet.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

13 hours ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

One gripe I have though is that I don't think the tubes on the helmet really fit how Rhino looks at all and I feel it would look unatural with this rest of Rhino's body with those tubes. Also, lorewise the Tenno don't really have to breath so breathing tubes would be unecessary lorewise.

Also, remember that Tennogen items can't have anything that resemble eyes unless it's just a retexture of the base helmet.

Yea, I didn't see any tubing on any of the other frames so I assumed it wouldn't fly. Frankly it's filler that I tend to default to because if fills spaces quickly. Same with the eye slits. I was using medieval knight helmets as reference because Rhino's MO is the invincible frame.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep playing around with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe that this helmet would deserve a (body) skin to help it and the body work together (via using skin creation methods to modify the mesh enough to make the helmet work well), but as it is so far, it's brilliant.

We need more divergent cosmetics like this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I NEED HELP. I'm quite confused on where to go with this... I posted these images on the workshop page on steam (here's the direct link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1092347026), and I got a lot of mixed replies.

"The textures are too sharp" "The textures are too low res compared to the body" <- (Those don't make any sense but I thought I'd share for the giggles)

The ones I semi understand: "It doesn't match the aesthetic of warframe" - It's certainly a step in a different direction, but I think it looks pretty badass on rhino and suits him well.

"Needs to be more matte to fit the body" - I did what I could to match any reflectivity to the main suit's reflectivity.

"Too flat" - In reference to the shapes, this I fear changing the most because it requires a redesign and stripping it down to the mesh and remodeling. Basically starting over again.

The original forums posts I made seemed to get a bit of positive attention, and not many suggestions to redirect the model, however, there were various suggestions to change on steam's workshop. Perhaps I went too far when I began texturing and messed something up? I know this doesn't fit the Halloween themed tennogen round so I have a little time to change something if it needs be, but I was hoping for some insights from you lovely peoples. The pictures from the steam page are below if you don't want to go to the link.

rlTZLpdm.jpg

mpieIIdm.jpg

QIsrxsSm.jpg

T6YnQ1im.jpg

YqBaldTm.jpg

I should also mention the thumbs up to thumbs down ratio was about 75% up to 25% down.

Thanks!

Edited by GoldenxHawk

On 7/28/2017 at 9:18 AM, GoldenxHawk said:

rlTZLpdm.jpg

mpieIIdm.jpg

QIsrxsSm.jpg

T6YnQ1im.jpg

YqBaldTm.jpg

I should also mention the thumbs up to thumbs down ratio was about 75% up to 25% down.

Thanks!

I have to agree..it looks really good but needs to be smoothed out.  The helm doesn't blend with the rest of the skin atm and is too bright.  

Smooth down the angles and soften the color tone to match the body and you'll be in good shape. 

Keep up the good work, can't wait to play it in game!