Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are shotguns working as intended?

Devovum

I picked up my Strun to begin levelling it while waiting for some other weapons to build, and I'm noticing that there seems to be a drastic difference in how they operate. It used to be that when firing at an enemy, there would be a bunch of damage numbers that came up to show how many pellets hit. Now (or at least, after the most recent patch), however, it seems that there is just one damage number appearing.

I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I'm a little bit concerned. If the shotguns are truly acting like they are firing solid slugs instead of a spray of pellets, then they have basically been turned into extremely slow Latrons, which kind of defeats the purpose of having shotguns. I don't have a Boar or access to a Hek, so I'm not sure if the issue is just with the Strun or what.

Can any other kind souls verify that I'm not just going crazy?

I used the Strun before the HEK and the Strun feels strangely a LOT weaker. Not just in damage potential but consistency overall. I understand the HEk has 4 barrels so it's got tighter spread, but even in a targets face the Strun feels like it's lacking power. The Strun also seems to lack a knock-back affect that most shotguns have.

I think its not a solid shell it seems that most of the damage do not even register in game. You shoot at something and you get like hits registering for very low damage. I get much higher output with pistol then from shotgun in any tough bosses. On week mobs strun feels the same as usual.

There definitely seems to be an issue with the shotguns, the Strun at the very least. I was farming Jackal yesterday, and in some fights i walked up to him in his downed state and unloaded the gun to his face, numbers flying all over the place.

In some fights though, all i got was a single (very low) number, as if only one of the pellets would've actually hit him. I walked out of the mission with something like 5% damage contribution and this happened multiple times.

So yeah, the shotguns sometimes don't quite work.

There definitely seems to be an issue with the shotguns, the Strun at the very least. I was farming Jackal yesterday, and in some fights i walked up to him in his downed state and unloaded the gun to his face, numbers flying all over the place.

In some fights though, all i got was a single (very low) number, as if only one of the pellets would've actually hit him. I walked out of the mission with something like 5% damage contribution and this happened multiple times.

So yeah, the shotguns sometimes don't quite work.

20 accuracy at work.

shotties need an accuracy buff.

strun = 40 accuracy

HEK = 50 accuracy

boar = 30 accuracy

then youl see the numbers match up....

...because idont know about you, but the strun is supposed to deal 120 damage. not nine. or rarely twelve.

Shotguns have one issue atm.

When in coop, it visually appears that most of pellets don't register (probably due to lag), even tho the damage is dealt as it should (mobs die as fast).

The result is you only see a low number of hits per shot.

I believe, as a consequence, that it explains why it looks like i deal very low % dmg in coop, even tho i kill most mobs.

Try a solo mission, you'll see all your pellets hits.

State this now but the HEK needs NO BUFF AT ALL.

Being the highest ranked gun available it naturally outclasses any shotgun before it, and even other various rifles. The damage it does unranked makes the Strun look like a baby's toy, it's one of the more optimal weapons on the game.

It's not an accuracy issue. Like i said, in some fights i stand in front of the boss and there's a ton of numbers popping up and in some fights EVERY single shot registers exactly one hit, for 12 damage.

And Frazeil, this is not a complaint about the shotguns damage, this is about some odd bug about them where they don't hit at all, except for one single pellet.

I think it is a display problem when you are not hosting the game. When I host the game i see clouds of numbers. When I join a friends party I only get 1 or 2 small damage numbers appear on my screen. I still kill the enemies at the same speed but it does seem unusual when i get 59 kills in an extermination mission and only do 2 % of the partys damage in the end report.

It's not an accuracy issue. Like i said, in some fights i stand in front of the boss and there's a ton of numbers popping up and in some fights EVERY single shot registers exactly one hit, for 12 damage.

And Frazeil, this is not a complaint about the shotguns damage, this is about some odd bug about them where they don't hit at all, except for one single pellet.

Read my previous post. As Meltina also said it's about displayed dmg (not registered) in Coop.