Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration Breaking Mobile Defense

BuzzBomb8

When the host of a mobile defense mission decides to be a little pathetic coward & run away causing host migration while everyone is defending a point, the mission breaks. Enemies stop spawning or at least 99% do, the timer & health of your defense point goes away, & your datamass is eaten. Because the time stops, any enemies that remain don't bother to come & fight you since you are no longer at a point of interest. The only way to "finish" the mission at this point is to either die like a man or abort like a cry baby.

• 1 month later...
On 1.4.2017 at 10:19 PM, BuzzBomb8 said:

The only way to "finish" the mission at this point is to either die like a man or abort like a cry baby.

Or the random G3 encounter / G3 Beacon (only works if it´s not a Sortie-Mission)

• 3 months later...

This just happened to me. Bug forum guidelines directed me to find this and comment here instead of starting a new thread, but what happened to me is essentially the same thing, so it's still a very real problem. Host migration resulted in the datamass being seemingly deleted from the mission entirely, whilst a console was "running", although there was no timer, no health, and even after at least 10 minutes, the objective never completed. We checked each objective's location, plus the spawn room, and found no datamass, nor was there any waypoint for one. Mission became unwinnable. Can provide more details, including screenshots, if requested.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first time posting in the forums so please bear with me.  I would like to add that this bug also includes the archwing mobile defense as it happened to me twice.  My connection was really poor at that time so I guess that is why I sometimes get disconnected from public games.  It'll be really cool if this gets resolved.