Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unification of Alternate Fire control schemes

(PSN)Santar0s

Why do some weapons have different alt fire mechanics than others? Why is the Zarr switchable form cannon to barrage but the Euphona has a locked primary mode mapped to the trigger, I play on PS4. 

I like the idea of some weapons having a alternative function but consistency in mechanics should be exercised. 

I suggest that all weapons with an alternative fire mode be switched to a mechanic simular to the Zarr for the sake of simplicity and utility. 

If one fire mode plays on the other than switchable modes may not be for for that particular gun. I still think that the Euphona would benefit from a Zarr like mechanic. Perhaps having the option per gun is the way to go. It can be clunky on in a controller. 

On 4/2/2017 at 10:05 AM, MudShadow said:

What is the big deal with learning different ALT fire modes for different weapons? Personally I prefer the non-switch ALT fire mode on the Euphona.

Consistency and limited inputs / clunky controls when the alt fire is mapped to clicking the the stick you aim with. 

TBH I use a controller (using a M+KB for 3rd person shooters feels so wrong) and I've never minded the alternate modes. For some guns the alt fire is more of a quick-shot, like Euphona Prime and Quanta V, while Stradavar and Zarr make sense that you switch to use those.