Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield weapon?

FatRefrigerator

I would like to toss out the possibility of having a shield be implemented into the game to add another dynamic to the teamplay element. Not sure how the logistics of it would work out but i think it should be considered.

No ninja ever had 1 sheild...

Ever!

shields are for scrubs! and F*** poise! if you can't evade being staggered - learn to play.

zero poise ftw!

ah wait.. wrong forum. but yeah, since we are supposed to be ninjas i can't see any reaon why we should use it. ninjas rely on tools, poison and blade and their promary job is to assasinate or to spy. i can't imagine ninjas in havel armor

There was an idea around the forum about using your melee weapon (well, at least not the fragor and scindo) to reflect the bullet while closing in toward your victims. I think it's quite good.

Shield as melee weapon is fine if your frame has some sort of agro-drawing power which currently no frame has.

Correct. All real ninjas dual wield shields.

tobad we arnt ninjas we are assasins each with our own style

rino has huge body armor and moves slow and all the ulties make basicly huge flashy explosions

its a game about assasins each with uniqu style a riot shield that replaces your rifle would be totaly viable

SIDE NOTE

ninja's used concealed weapons because owning weapons was illegal at their time and place

we use rifles and huge hammers AND AXES duel axes long swords and pistols

nothing we use is a hand made weapon that can be easly consealed and look liek standerd farm tools

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

tobad we arnt ninjas we are assasins each with our own style

rino has huge body armor and moves slow and all the ulties make basicly huge flashy explosions

its a game about assasins each with uniqu style a riot shield that replaces your rifle would be totaly viable

My statement was supportive of allowing a shield type weapon. Or a weapon that generates an energy shield like the one in Unreal Tournament... Hmm! Apologies if I came across otherwise.

My statement was supportive of allowing a shield type weapon. Or a weapon that generates an energy shield like the one in Unreal Tournament... Hmm! Apologies if I came across otherwise.

mostly at the other guy sorry if I came accross as angry tho.

I really want to have a riot shield instead of a rifle >3<

Lex, Sword and Shield <3

It would add another level of complexity and the shield itself could be used as a crowd control. Sprinting into something with your shield out knocking them down and then shield bashing the guy standing next to him and knocking him back/off-balance. Yum. Regardless of damage done, the control possibilities are fun and useful if tastefully done.

Replace melee weapon with shield. When your rifle is out, your shield is on your back. When you use your pistol, your movespeed is reduced significantly and your shield comes out. Meleeing in this state will give you a short range shield bash. You lose tactical versatility with no melee-on-demand, but you gain a huge strategic advantage; especially with team coordination.

Replace melee weapon with shield. When your rifle is out, your shield is on your back. When you use your pistol, your movespeed is reduced significantly and your shield comes out. Meleeing in this state will give you a short range shield bash. You lose tactical versatility with no melee-on-demand, but you gain a huge strategic advantage; especially with team coordination.

Still rather not have a Main gun then no melee : /

Knight Tanno :3

I like this idea a lot, but one thing to consider would be the option of having a shield and a sword out at the same time which would add a new dynamic.

However I also like to entertain the idea that if you replaced your shield with a melee weapon, you could stick your shield into the ground and use it as a deployable cover almost; thus enabling you to use your rifle while your shield is in the ground. (Calm down all you Volt users, I'm WELL aware that you can make a deployable energy shield, y'all never shut up about it.)

A very out-there idea would also be that you could aim your shield in such a way that allies could use it as a platform to jump off of, to either get somewhere high up or to begin a wall run or something of that sort.