Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dylki's Fanart and Animations | Updated 29/11: Legs

Dylki

I know I said I'd be away for a bit, but I wanted to upload 2 pieces of low-poly art that I did! It's my first time, and I did it in Flash, not Photoshop so it's not really the best out there...

Anyways, I'll improve on them if I can find time to! 

cmGPaFX.png

M58EP1x.png

On 4/18/2017 at 5:15 PM, Dylki said:

I don't have a drawing tablet ;)

Very impressive, i used to only draw with just the mouse and despised using a tablet, now im just spoiled by the damn thing.

As for your animations, i really enjoy looking at these, they are really on point. Minimalist? Maybe, but that in itself is its own artstyle. Also the transitions/tweens are smooth and very well executed, do you use Animate in CC? I got the trial and holy crap you make these things look easy to make, while im over here scratching my head with these tutorials

Edited by fulcrvm

On 7/10/2017 at 9:43 PM, Enip said:

Your art is quite cute, and I'm quite like your animatons too! Don't worry for the hiatus, I know how it is, take care and keep it up! ; )

:satisfied::heart:

22 hours ago, fulcrvm said:

Very impressive, i used to only draw with just the mouse and despised using a tablet, now im just spoiled by the damn thing.

As for your animations, i really enjoy looking at these, they are really on point. Minimalist? Maybe, but that in itself is its own artstyle. Also the transitions/tweens are smooth and very well executed, do you use Animate in CC? I got the trial and holy crap you make these things look easy to make, while im over here scratching my head with these tutorials

I use Adobe Flash CS5 for all my stuff! I kinda watched one tutorial from Carbot Animations then found my way around Flash via trial and error. Here's the video: 

Spoiler

Also, I watched all of Carbot Animation's shorts and cartoons. By watching how they animate and draw, I kinda picked up on it after a while.

If you'd like some other tips on how to animate, I could pm you if you want, but I'm not a very good teacher... :satisfied:

I might have some time to draw now and then, so it's not really a hiatus anymore xD Anyways today I drew the main background for Episode 3! I decided that it's about damn time to give my animations some proper scenery, so here it is! 

87dQGuZ.png

I also thought about giving my animation series a corny little name, so here's what I've settled on! (this logo is edited for episode 3!)

MnYYBhR.png

:heart:!

5 hours ago, Dylki said:

I might have some time to draw now and then, so it's not really a hiatus anymore xD Anyways today I drew the main background for Episode 3! I decided that it's about damn time to give my animations some proper scenery, so here it is! 

87dQGuZ.png

I also thought about giving my animation series a corny little name, so here's what I've settled on! (this logo is edited for episode 3!)

MnYYBhR.png

:heart:!

dat render of graphics brings  tears xD

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

dat render of graphics brings  tears xD

...is that a good thing or a bad thing? :awkward:

7 hours ago, Reptoks said:

Yo, great talent that you have there !
I love your Art Style, that low-poly looks great

Dunno why but somehow i feel happy when seeing your gif's hahaha

Aw, I'm glad you like them! :heart: I feel happy when I see my gifs too

BGNN21p.png

Just a little drawing of Carbot Animation's Zergling and Warframe's Charger! I changed the Charger from the original design I had, I'll probably use it in  future episode!

Edited by Dylki

8 hours ago, Slendy-Broseph said:

What is the quadriped on top of the ancient healer?

Hmm, I did think it would be hard to guess and not impressionable enough. It's meant to be the Juggernaut, although Dylki recommended I cut details out for ease-of-animation in the future. Then again, maybe it'd be better if I made the dimensions more proportionate instead of prioritizing cuteness.

But hell, sacrificing details for cuteness is worthwhile if the adorable factor is done right. Compare these two Ultralisks, for example.

1750521-attachment.php___copy.jpg

latest?cb=20151123211600

Edited by Ollnozz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The completion date for my next animation has been pushed back much further, perhaps end of October.

I must apologize for my lack of consistency in making animations, but I don't want to give any excuses. I can only say that this is probably a result of very poor time management and my overly-ambitious goals as a rookie animator, making promises I couldn't keep, and starting threads that are now gathering dust.

Spoiler

Perhaps my enthusiasm at first was my downfall, pushing aside other priorities to make gifs and other animations. "I just wanna make people smile", I said, but those priorities are catching up with me now and I'm in quite a spot of bother. 

If any other artists out there are reading this, don’t stress over your art. You don't owe it to anyone, nobody can force you to churn out more pieces. It's your decision of what you want to draw and when you want to do it. Of course, you could take in feedback from comments or gain euphoria from a compliment, perhaps spurring you on to start on your next piece to evoke the same kind of reaction in a community.

There's nothing wrong with that, but my mistake was that I got my motivation from feeding off the reactions of other people. I became a little obsessed with the people that were responding to my works, and I began wanting to draw for the sake of appealing to an audience, putting aside my own interests. I stopped asking myself "What would I want to draw next?" and began saying "What would people want to see me draw next? What will they enjoy?"

I’m a crowd pleaser, no longer what I was when I first began. I personally detest myself for that.

Don’t do that. That crowd isn’t going to last forever, sometimes you’ll be alone. When that time comes you’ll feel drained and demotivated. Your driving force shouldn’t stem from external influences, it should be a fire in your soul, a passion to express your thoughts in art.

All in all, your art is an expression, not an errand to run for someone else. Popularity shouldn’t be the force pushing you to do things, it should be the result.

It feels like a chore now, I’ve even felt reluctance to continue animating sometimes, because I didn't feel it would be rewarding, that after all that I'd still be a nobody.

I’ll be taking a bit of a break from animation to do some soul searching, maybe I’ll find one.

I promise I will return someday and continue posting, but I cannot say when. 

:heart:

Edited by Dylki