Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let me make the message sound louder!!

Potato

I use the warframe market website to trade with players and i rely on them approaching me to sell/buy items. I have speakers but the stupid ship background noise is annoying so i dont keep it too loud.

Yet at the same time I can't hear the message sounds that loudly either.

RIP ME

Just now, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Well, the problem isn't the sound, it's that trading website. It's horribly outdated and rarely, if ever updated, reflects your (PC) prices and doesn't scale price with age or rarity.

Oh, yes. That's clearly the issue regarding this thread!

let me just proceed to spam the chat with WTB/WTS and end up getting overpriced offers or underpriced buyers. No thanks.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Well, the problem isn't the sound, it's that trading website. It's horribly outdated and rarely, if ever updated, reflects your (PC) prices and doesn't scale price with age or rarity.

wow thats the most stupid stuff i read in a real long time. Its outdated? Wake up man. its an always refreshing realtime auctionhouse. Stop talking crap here, thanks.

I agree with OP.

4 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I take it that you meant that the WHISPER notification is not loud enought when somebody tries to contact you right?

yes.

Edited by DeterrentMan

Just now, DeterrentMan said:

wow thats the most stupid stuff i read in a real long time. Its outdated? Wake up man. its an always refreshing realtime auctionhouse. Stop talking crap here, thanks.

I agree with OP.

Inst the old one (http://wftrading.net/) he refers too, while OP talks about warframe.market. Which is an entirerly different site.

30 minutes ago, Naimul said:

warframe market website

2 minutes ago, Aeon66 said:

Inst the old one (http://wftrading.net/) he refers too, while OP talks about warframe.market. Which is an entirerly different site.

warframe, market, website. I dont see he is talking about wftrading. But in this case you would be right. But it isnt this page. he means:

http://warframe.market/

and this page is just awesome. Theres nothing better to trade about warframe. Or just checking prices.

And here we go again with the "third party trading sites suck" "third party trading sites rule" argument, which is completely irrelevant to the thread.  Take that nonsense somewhere else, if you don't mind.  If it helps, both sides are wrong - the Trading channel in the Discord is where it's at.

Make the PM message sound volume customizable?  Yes please.  +1

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, seriously, can some mod delete the off topic market site posts? 

There's a "Mute Private Message Notification" toggle, but no volume. Also, is the sound effects volume where the volume control for it is? I've maxed it and can't really tell the difference. Either a louder effect or a volume control would be great.

Edited by NeoPitch
clarified

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chrisx1125 said:

Asked for similar things before I saw your post.

Also asked last November, but no reply. 

Ah I was not aware other people were in need of this too. Occasionally when I am trading I like to just relax and read something while I wait but the background ship noise is ear crushing. EDIT: For some reason it keeps double posting. Silly UI

Edited by Potato

37 minutes ago, chrisx1125 said:

Exactly. I like to sit idle and read or work on another project, but I can't concentrate with the dojo/ship sounds on.
I just want silence, except a beep when I receive a message.

DE does add a lot of features periodically. They added the mandacord volume right after octavia's release. It's just this specific feature isn't very well in demand so it has a high chance it may not even come even though a lot of people would find that its introduction would be vastly benefitial. I usually just play another game with warframe open, or read manga or watch netflix shows but the background sound is just far too annoying.