Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do you unlock more warframe/weapon slots?

W01fe

Question

im just curious if this is possible to do without platinum?  found out i didnt have anymore weapon slots today so i sold my mk-1 braton i had just maxed (starter gun figured it was fine) to claim my boltor rifle.  

this worries me for the future.  I need more slots, but outside of platinum i have no idea how to aquire such a thing.  

im saving up for destiny 2 on pc, cant spend money on plat right now.

6 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You can get plat by trading with other people. Plat is the only way to get slots aside from event and anniversary weapons.

Also, don't preorder.

uncertain if i have anything of value to trade, i visited one of those areas where everyone was having there hands raised with mods/blueprints appearing in there hands...i had no idea how to do it myself.

i loved destiny despite its flaws, and am stoked for it coming to PC, and i want to play in the early access beta...plus it saves me money on a couple expansions...so id like to pre-purchase lol.

8 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Buy them or obtain event/(duplicate) anniversary weapons.

Event and Anniversary weapon come with their own slots.

im assuming i have to wait for the event/anniversery items.  whenever they may be.

Just now, NobleParadox96 said:

looks like you need to wait for another 11 months for the 5th anniversary for the 3 (maybe 4?) slots again

lol...next idea is trading then.  figuring out what items go for or are worth trading i think will be the hard part.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

IDK how it is on PC, but I'm guessing 5 prime junk sells for 5p as it does on PS4. If that's the case, slots should be within reasonable reach.

so i have level 30 on a few things (weapons/frame) and have no idea what prime junk is...to google!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

Common prime parts. The stuff nobody looks for, unless they want to sell it for ducats, which is exactly why they buy it.

pretend i have no idea what your talking about...lol.

like components? like ferrite and stuff?

1 minute ago, (PS4)kaibloodedge1 said:

components like braton prime barrel or, trinity prime chassis. stuff from relics that you don't want or don't need

oh so weapon/warframe parts that you use to make said items, i have some of that stuff, no prime ones tho.  can you sell commons for plat? 

Just now, W01fe said:

oh so weapon/warframe parts that you use to make said items, i have some of that stuff, no prime ones tho.  can you sell commons for plat? 

no, regular frame parts are untradable. weapon parts are but you probably won't be able to trade those individually, because people tend to want the whole set.

Just now, (PS4)kaibloodedge1 said:

no, regular frame parts are untradable. weapon parts are but you probably won't be able to trade those individually, because people tend to want the whole set.

and how feasible is it to farm these prime parts? something where you spend several days-1 week to find a single prime part?

Just now, W01fe said:

and how feasible is it to farm these prime parts? something where you spend several days-1 week to find a single prime part?

depending on the mission type you can get 1 part per mission or several (i usually stay an hour in survivals or 60 waves of defense so i get 12 per mission)

depending on the mission type you can get 1 part per mission or several (i usually stay an hour in survivals or 60 waves of defense so i get 12 per mission)

12 per mission?! well, that certainly sounds feasible.  might have to do that.  

currently relying on my max rank atterax to get me thru things.  

Just now, W01fe said:

keep in mind that enemies get stronger as those types of missions progress, so you will have to go to extraction before it becomes too difficult and you end up failing the mission and lose everything (you keep the relics you would have used though, which allows you to try again)

keep in mind that enemies get stronger as those types of missions progress, so you will have to go to extraction before it becomes too difficult and you end up failing the mission and lose everything (you keep the relics you would have used though, which allows you to try again)

did a 45 minute one recently without issue, i think it was more about the people with me tho.  fairly certain they were doing the bulk of the damage.  pinky started cramping and i had to quit, looked up spin marcros after that :P

Simple solution which should work on how to get platinum for small quantity..

Collect some relics. You will need to be 10 to be exact.

Play void fissure missions > collect reactant to open the relic > receive a prime part

Collect 10 parts. So 10 missions. Can be done in maybe an hour. Sell as Prime junk minimum 5 for 10 plat. Try sell for 12 as its pretty possible. 10 parts should give you 24 plat. Can open 4 weapon slots with that. 

If you are lucky and get into a game with someone with a better relic you can get a better part which can go for much higher plat. I have gotten soma prime and vaulted warframe parts which sold for much higher plat. 

You don't need to pay for platinum but you do have to grind for it. 

Edited by Kusungphak

5 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

Play void fissure missions > collect reactant to open the relic > receive a prime part

Collect 10 parts. So 10 missions. Can be done in maybe an hour. Sell as Prime junk minimum 5 for 10 plat. Try sell for 12 as its pretty possible. 10 parts should give you 24 plat. Can open 4 weapon slots with that. 

If you are lucky and get into a game with someone with a better relic you can get a better part which can go for much higher plat. I have gotten soma prime and vaulted warframe parts which sold for much higher plat. 

how do you know the going rates for certain pieces?

3 minutes ago, W01fe said:

12 in one mission is tough. The mission would be long anyway. In any case, 5 minutes is the most it should take to get 1. I'd estimate 3 is average, so 30-60 minutes to get some weapon slots. You get some more value out of it if you happen to get a rare or uncommon. Those missions also drop a resource called void traces, which let you get a higher chance at better drops from relics. The specifics of that will be more relevant later, where it would likely be les confusing.

5 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

40 minutes ago, W01fe said:

uncertain if i have anything of value to trade, i visited one of those areas where everyone was having there hands raised with mods/blueprints appearing in there hands...i had no idea how to do it myself.

i loved destiny despite its flaws, and am stoked for it coming to PC, and i want to play in the early access beta...plus it saves me money on a couple expansions...so id like to pre-purchase lol.

dont go to maroos bazzar, its much better to do it at the clan dojos (in trading chat), most clan dojos have no clan tax, while maroo is basicly the goverment trying to steal your money, also, you can only trade when you are mr2+

Just now, midtarget said:

dont go to maroos bazzar, its much better to do it at the clan dojos (in trading chat), most clan dojos have no clan tax, while maroo is basicly the goverment trying to steal your money, also, you can only trade when you are mr2+

mr 4 so shouldnt be an issue, and im in a clan now as well.  mr 4 is going much slower, assuming its due to me not ranking up items as often?

Just now, W01fe said:

I check a website called https://warframe.market/ to know the going rates. For example you dont want to sell a soma prime receiver as prime junk as it can go for easily 40-50 plat.

Also do note people buy prime junk a lot before Baro Ki’Teer arrives. As they need ducats to buy from him which need prime junk to be sold.

He arrives in 2 days so good time to farm those prime parts and make platinum on them.