The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verifying game cache through steam

elabyed25

I had a issue in the launcher i verified the game cache through steam then i realized that was a mistake.
Steam is asking me to download 15 gb which is the whole game right now. 
This isn't the only issues.
Somehow i had more than 40 gb of free disk space in my local disk.
After asking for the verifying (not even downloading yet) i found out i have only 16 gb free space.
What happened did steam duplicate the game files or what? 
Because after that it asks me to download 22.4 gb for warframe and says no enough space for update .
Please help .

Steam has a old version of WF, because all updating happens through the launcher, so when you verfiry the integrity through Steam, Steam will think that you're files are all wrong, and give you the old version again.

That's why you have to download a lot of stuff again.
There's an option to verify in the launcher as well, and that one won't mess up your everything.

16 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

Steam has a old version of WF, because all updating happens through the launcher, so when you verfiry the integrity through Steam, Steam will think that you're files are all wrong, and give you the old version again.

That's why you have to download a lot of stuff again.
There's an option to verify in the launcher as well, and that one won't mess up your everything.

So now i decided to reinstall the game clean instead of downloading 2 versions bcs of steam .
How do i completely uninstall warframe bcs there are alot of files left after clicking the uninstall option 

Unfortunately yes, that happens, to be fair to DE though this is a common occurrence with any game with a launcher, at least from my experience, steam will verify to a base version and you'll have to update back to current.

As for the amount of files I'm unsure how the download process would go in terms of whether it replaces old files on the fly or has to download the lot then remove the old ones.

As I don't know how many drives you have and whether this is your main drive (hope not, you should really have a fair bit of free space on your main for system use) i couldn't say much other than use the windows disc cleaner tool to free up some space or uninstall old games you aren't going to play if you have any.

Residual files after an uninstall are usually settings and empty folders sometimes, practically nothing on your disc so if you intend to reinstall there's not much point in getting rid of them, but again, I don't know, can't see 'em. (I also wouldn't know which is which in warframe files >_>)

27 minutes ago, GameKingMike334 said:

Open the launcher from steam to Warfame .. in the first popup you see go to top right corner and click on the Gear icon

then you get the second popup so you can optimize warframe itself without steam :)

i hope this helps for you 

ill try it but i guess i still have to download the rest of the game ? (5gb needs to be downloaded for me rn) or if i click optimize it just works ?

15 minutes ago, ShardYT said:

ill try it but i guess i still have to download the rest of the game ? (5gb needs to be downloaded for me rn) or if i click optimize it just works ?

The best thing you can do is download the rest of the new packadges and retry to optimize warframe 

I only do this when an new big update has deployed so the the game stays more stable due new scripts replacing the old onces

an beeing sure that every file is ok :)

ps 

you can point steam to an directory where you have already installed warframe

In library - ADD A game .. left bottom corner - Add non steam game -- then on the Browse point out to the directory where you installed warframe before if thats on 100% installed game

steam will update the game to the library .. this is my option that i used so you dont have to download the whole game again 

-- but only if you have warframe already --

otherwise just download the rest of the content and follow my step 1 as i wrote before :)