Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High-damage alternative to gunplay

Qeveren

I sure wish they had a Warframe like that in the game. Man am I having Volt buyer's remorse right now. XD

Load up all sorts of power mods and problem solved.

Put power range to the max and you caan probably clear a quarter of the mission per overload.

But, yeah, i dont really it see it as an alternative to gunplay.

If you want an alternative to gunplay then do what i did with my Volt

Get his shields up to 800+ (this will require updrading him to the pro tree with a reactor) then spec for 11 mod slots. Finally put a bunch of Shield + and Shield rechare % mods on him and he'll be almost as tanky as a Rhino. Slap a Scnido axe on him and you can just run around hitting homeruns with groups of mobs that are stupid enough to come up to you.

Good times. point here is that you can turn any warframe into w/e you want provided you have the mods for it. If you want to be ALL ABOUT melee then Loki should have been your starting Warframe. I would recommend Ash as a melee warframe with cool no gun moves, but DE seems to not care about fixing him and would rather put an overpowered Frost warframe and a broken Nyx warframe into the market instead of balance and fix the game

None of this is applicable to a lvl 16 Volt guys. XD

Well you're only half way and it seems you're complaining about your Warframe. When it states "Alternative" to gunplay it doesn't mean run around zapping everything, it probably just implies you wont have to shoot your way through rooms all the time. As Volt you can literally clear rooms with one spell and the funny party is that it passes through walls/surfaces. Probably the best AoE in the game.

To effectively run around zapping things you're going to have to build your Warframe that way, like people have suggested here already. Level 16 may be half way to 30 but you've barely scratched the surface of what Warframes can do. The level 30 Mods are quite powerful too.

Play some more.

Hey don't take my word for it read the forums man. Nothing resists frost dmg either right now so frost is naturally OP. HIs Ult is also now even better than overload... >.>

Please look through the post about damage types stickied at the top of the General forum. Cold is the WORST damage type. It does less than 100% to just about everything except shields. I basically chuck all my freeze damage mods. I don't think Frost does actual cold damage, more likely it's some sort of direct damage, just with ice graphical effects.

I don't understand why people still think VOLT's ultimate is still OP. Do you people even play VOLT at all after the patch? I used him after the patch think the nerf didn't matter, till i realized it did nothing without lights. Even with lights it did less damage than my 1. My VOLT is level 30 with 3 points invested in Overload and 3 Points in Shock. It's pathetic how Shock only uses 25 energy but actually does something to things than my 4 which uses 100 energy and doesn't even stun or do any form of damage to them.