Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

I got fed up with how uneffective limbo feels right now, so I decided to put in my opinion.

-loot pickup needs to be a thing in the rift. I feel like there is no reason for loot in the rift NOT to be a thing, as limbo can transport himself and other people with ease, but can't conjure up the ability to get loot in the rift?

-rift surge (hahahahahahahahaha) This one.... ok so

>It's good for end game defense and keeping enemies still.

>It's ONLY good for that.

Why can't he just, I dunno, stop time in the rift, fire a ton of rounds, then send them OUT of the rift and obliterate incoming enemies, like some sort of timed death-trap? Again, he can send enemies armies into the rift, but cannot muster the power to take bullets in and out of the rift?

So my recommendations:

-Limbo and others can loot in the rift

-Bullets from rift surge can hit enemies that are outside AND inside the rift, whether by costing energy per round as a passive, or an augment mod.

All in all, limbo is cool, just not..... effective..... after all, why shouldn't I just use gara for endgame defense? At least you can shoot through her shield.....

6 hours ago, bomberman1770 said:

I got fed up with how uneffective limbo feels right now, so I decided to put in my opinion.

-loot pickup needs to be a thing in the rift. I feel like there is no reason for loot in the rift NOT to be a thing, as limbo can transport himself and other people with ease, but can't conjure up the ability to get loot in the rift?

-rift surge (hahahahahahahahaha) This one.... ok so

>It's good for end game defense and keeping enemies still.

>It's ONLY good for that.

Why can't he just, I dunno, stop time in the rift, fire a ton of rounds, then send them OUT of the rift and obliterate incoming enemies, like some sort of timed death-trap? Again, he can send enemies armies into the rift, but cannot muster the power to take bullets in and out of the rift?

So my recommendations:

-Limbo and others can loot in the rift

-Bullets from rift surge can hit enemies that are outside AND inside the rift, whether by costing energy per round as a passive, or an augment mod.

All in all, limbo is cool, just not..... effective..... after all, why shouldn't I just use gara for endgame defense? At least you can shoot through her shield.....

You can pickup loot in the cataclysm. Being able to pickup from across dimensions would make limbo able to stay in the rift forever, that would make it extremely cheesy.

I agree, rift surge was better before in terms of damage But now it has the utility of letting limbo draw enemies to the rift without having to leave it or use cataclysm, which in itself is a great utility, just need to relearn how to use the ability.

Letting bullets in stasis deal dmg to enemies both inside and outside the rift... if it's bullets stopped in stasis, and with an augment making it able to do that, I don't see why not. But it working by itself would be extremely unfun and cheesy (being completely inmune to dmg, and able to kill enemies from another dimension is just pure cheese. Remember when they bugged limbo and he could use hitscan weapons to kill from the rift? that was fun for 5 minutes, then it became boring, since you were basically a god with no need to worry about punny enemies.

And as for why should you not use gara... well, use her. what limbo brings to the table is complete damage inmunity on a determined area + extremely powerful and long lasting CC.

Limbo is far from inefective, being one of the best frames for defenses due to his ability to make objectives, NPCs and areas of the map completely invulnerable. Gara is an alternative for endgame defense, yes. But the question is not "Why should I use x instead of y", the question is... what do you like more? then, use it.