The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

6 minutes ago, Betcha said:

lol in pve game acting like its some pvp game.
nerf this nerf that so we no more can use this op creature.
later when nerfed will cry that the poor creature is useless.

Balance isn't just important in PvP. In PvE, it isn't needed in the same way, but all Warframes should be equally useful, or at least have a distinct niche that other's don't fill as well or can't fill at all. In his current state, Limbo can fill a huge number of these niches. 

7 minutes ago, Betcha said:

lol in pve game acting like its some pvp game.
nerf this nerf that so we no more can use this op creature.
later when nerfed will cry that the poor creature is useless.

Yes, a PvE co-op game. It's the same as pre-nerf Spamulor, ruining everyone elses fun. Tbh, I don't know the state of co-op atm because I've been going 100% solo, but I can imagine with all this Limbo talk that the re-work isn't complete yet

24 minutes ago, brainjelly2g0 said:

The Supporter

Reveal hidden contents

This Limbo would be focused on protecting allies, and buffing them with movement speed and damage in the Rift.

Rift Passives-

2 energy per second for everyone, with 10 energy rewarded when enemies are killed inside the Rift.

Limbo Passive

4 energy per second, and 20 energy rewarded when enemies are killed inside the Rift. This incentivizes players to be inside Limbo's Cataclysm, and him using it as a large-range buff-zone. He keeps his dodge.

Banish-

Can be cast on enemies or allies, from any plane, and will send them into the other plane. If cast on the same plane, it is an AoE. If cast on different planes, it's single-target. Basically, it lets Limbo act as either a squad-saver or an Assassin, who focuses solely on Heavies.

Stasis-

2-second drain at base, which goes down to .5 with maxed efficiency. Cancels out Energy Regen. Stasis is ridiculously powerful, and having it not drain energy is a very weird design flaw. 

Freezes all enemies, but doesn't effect projectiles. Currently, players are completely useless if they're in a mission with a Max-Range Limbo, who likes Stasis, and his allies don't know it at first. If they forgot a melee, or wanted to level one specific gun, then they're boned. Having it not effect Projectiles encourages players to actually bring a Limbo along.

Rift Surge-

I loved the old Rift Surge, but I also love the new one. Combining them would be perfect, as it would make Limbo a small step-down of Banshee in terms of team damage.

All Allies in the Rift gain XX damage multiplier, and all enemies in the Rift are surged. If those enemies leave the Rift, they banish others around them, causing permanent Rifting. Perhaps you could cut the damage multplier's scaling with power-strength, but beyond that, I think this is a much needed change.

Cataclysm

No longer shrinks in size, but also does not deal damage. Enemies who enter will be stunned momentarily, unless Stasis is up. Items and Consoles still enter the Rift. That just makes sense. This is mostly a return to old-Cataclysm, but with some touch-ups to some of its components. 

Goals-

As you can see, the main purpose of this Limbo is to turn him into a Support-Defensive frame, which is a niche not too populated currently(except Icy Avalanche Frost). If this route were used, cheese would lessen, but Limbo would emerge in the meta slowly, and his hardcore fans would appreciate the changes.

Supporter looks good to me. 2 seconds of drain is for stasis is not much considering you'll get 10 energy per kill.

He still needs work. Right now its like DE took the old mash4towin Blade Storm from Ash and gave it to Limbo for his Cataclysm, I see so much Cataclysm spam now that he's falling into the insta-abort mission category I have. 

6 hours ago, Holonomic said:

@Quanlain - really sorry to request this but I was wondering if you could give me your full build? (maybe with a screenshot?) I'm a new player so trying to figure out exactly what mods you are refering to is a little tricky for me. Your post has helped me a lot and I'm starting to move away from just casting cataclysm (which I do find fun :p)

Basically I would like to know which mods you use (I have access to all of them other than primed mods for now) and which slots you used forma on.

Also would you mind telling me your prefered weapon choices for your play style? 

Thank you for your write up!

Currently, i can not provide a screenshot, because i'm unnable to get to my pc. And my language probably differs from yours (RU) so you will have little to no usefull information from it, sorry. 

However, you can search their name on wiki so you could get all info. I'll list every mod thqt i recall: 

Aura: rejuvenation; you can also use steel charge or corrosive projection, but i love rejuvenation (i have forma in aura slot, polarity will depend on your aura prefferance) 

Mods: 

Blind rage( around 4/5), streamline, flow, vitality, quick thinking, natural talent, transient fortitude, rift torrent. 

Exilus slot: cunning drift, but you can also use power drift, or speed drift, they are all nice. 

And about polarities: i have formas for the most "expencive" mods, probably double of every useful polarity: D, —, V

I recomend you to try figuring out what polarities you will need for yourself. 

Edit: sorry. Forgot to mention weapons. 

Usually. I use pretty much any hard hitting weapon, if it can go punchthrough or aoe, it's even better. 

Secondaries are what you wish, pandero is great for me, used vaykor marelok, lex p., atomos, brakk, whatever. 

For melee, i currently stick with hirudo due to huge self heal, also galatine prime, vaykor sydon are great damage dealers, also tried venka prime, it was fairly decent. 

Edited by Quanlain

3 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

ruining everyone elses fun.

Ruining CoD-minded people's fun*

Me? I love when someone else wants to do all the work and I enjoy the quick, easy affinity and loot rain. Specially when most of the time squad members are completely clueless and I end up carrying them.

9 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

This was a Lua mission, so rather low level. Still, the results speak for themselves,

Cataclysm is kinda nuts now.

Could do the same with Nova AMD. Lua is low level. Try to reproduce it on Sedna interception, then you can tell people that Limbo is OP.

11 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Balance isn't just important in PvP. In PvE, it isn't needed in the same way, but all Warframes should be equally useful, or at least have a distinct niche that other's don't fill as well or can't fill at all. In his current state, Limbo can fill a huge number of these niches. 

"but all warframe should be equally useful"

Nova: *laughs*

Oberon: *cries*

3 minutes ago, SIMULOR_CANCER_RACE said:

Limbo need do be nerfed asap.

Some footage showing why:

Only cataclysm needs a nerf.

Theres a special place in hell for you and OP that wanna nerf a frame into being even weaker than pre-rework...

Just now, Kereler said:

"but all warframe should be equally useful"

Nova: *laughs*

Oberon: *cries*

Who said that it was currently the case? Should is not the same as are. Balance is an ongoing matter. 

On 01.04.2017 at 9:42 AM, Quanlain said:

My opinoin on this first part: I was also really upset by this changes. But thin i realised that Banish is AoE (read Tips in the post), And can be casted at ground near enemies, like Larva, Sleep arrow or Pacify. Also it's AoE is not a circle/round type, but some type of "electric arc" AoE, kind of like Amprex, it jumps from enemy to enemy and radius listed is a total distance. Having universal (bipolar) banish could lead to a lot of confusion, because it is not guaranteed that one enemy will be targetted twice. I had moments, when i banished "a slice of pizza of enemies" from the crowd. Now imagine casting Banish again to realise that all the enemies have mixed up, and you have no real way to set them on one single plane. 

I think that is the reason for Banish working as it is working right now.

@danthedapper

I love the new limbo honestly... He's a squishy caster frame, so the survivability he has, he needs. He needs to cast his abilities in order to keep himself alive, much like Octavia. Her passive mimics very closely what limbo does in the rift now, with the energy regain. IMO he's now on level with Nidus and Loki with well designed kits. I would include Nezha as well but not many people really like him. 

21 minutes ago, Imaru said:

I hate people who believe the game can be cheesy as hell just because it's PVE...

Honestly I'm fine with stasis (even though it's OP as...) but the cataclysm damage on collapse is complete nonsense.

It's just weird that DE removed almost EVERY weakness of limbo with stasis... It's really hard to imagine dying as limbo now. (even harder than before)

Edited by Trichouette

4 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

Only cataclysm needs a nerf.

Theres a special place in hell for you and OP that wanna nerf a frame into being even weaker than pre-rework...

Yes, only Cataclysm, only his 4, everything else is fine :)

1 minute ago, Quanlain said:

Ah, I see. I guess I just miss the single target precision of staying in the rift for a little, taking out single targets by banishing them and using finishers with the knock down before taking cataclysm to take out the group. I had thought a tap/hold mechanic would work well, tap is a group, slight hold would make it AOE. That's what I miss about the old Limbo. 

The problem with just nerfing Cataclysm is that then suddenly, he still has the most powerful CC in the game, and can maintain invulnerability indefinitely, at no cost to his energy. A strong melee basically does the work of Cataclysm, in just a slightly slower time. Even were Cataclysm to heal enemies, the CC Stasis provides at no cost to yourself completely outweighs it. The second Cataclysm is nerfed, people will only realize how broken Stasis is, and Excavations, Defenses, Interceptions, and Survivals will be plagued by it. 

looooove Limbo, but if someone doesn't suggest a better fix for him, DE will nerf him way too hard.