The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

1 minute ago, Murkar said:

I thought you were talking about a maim build...

Maim build doesn't deactivate the rest of his abilities. it still has good range and durationto slow them down or put them to sleep.

Unlike limbo, Equinox maim build works fine with rest, while limbo practically loses it's other 3 abilities

Nerf Equinox plz he too OP

Edited by -CM-Haardrale
almost forgot to add something

1 minute ago, Murkar said:

equinox, as in one of the squishiest frames in the entire game

She, with decent power strength, can easily reach a 70% plus DR while flying around dropping sleep pills on everyone and taking out nullies before they ever become a problem.

Mix that with QT and maybe another survival mod (i havent put another on) and shes tanky. Shes more tanky than most casters if not all bar mesa DR to prejectiles.

Peace/prove augment emphasizes how insane this warframe is.

9 minutes ago, -CM-Haardrale said:

building lanka right now, may try this. Thanks for sharing.

It takes quite a bit if forma but its such an underrated power house in the face of constant simulor/yadda yadda whining.

Then theres underrated lanka mag killing crowds with a single bullet.

Maybe 2.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

She, with decent power strength, can easily reach a 70% plus DR while flying around dropping sleep pills on everyone and taking out nullies before they ever become a problem.

Mix that with QT and maybe another survival mod (i havent put another on) and shes tanky. Shes more tanky than most casters if not all bar mesa DR to prejectiles.

Peace/prove augment emphasizes how insane this warframe is.

weird, because anytime I see one in high level content its usually because I am reviving them.

p.s. who the eff thought it would be a good plan to bring a maiming equinox to a radiation hazard...

2 minutes ago, Murkar said:

weird, because anytime I see one in high level content its usually because I am reviving them.

p.s. who the eff thought it would be a good plan to bring a maiming equinox to a radiation hazard...

Those are called bad players, bad players make anything look bad/weak/annoying.

She is 1 of the top monsters in the game.

Hoping to see some adjustments (buffs, nerfs, bug fixes, whatever) for Limbo in this week's 20.1.0.

Since the thread's aleady unpinned, either feedback is enough or it'll just be tugged under the rug. For a frame as complex as Limbo, I really hope the first public pass isn't the last.

12 hours ago, Huanthus said:

Feeling i got to meet a long lost brother, my feedback on limbo is so far:

Awesome been able to play it on several other game modes than i used to and interesting ways.

Really surprised to its wave clear now.

Great synergy between skills and a logical implementation of skills.

Synergy is what makes things interesting and enjoyable.

12 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Limbo was never a master of time ever. he is a master of dimensions. time and dimension are not the same thing. the only thing that has time scale on him is stasis a power that should not even be in his kit.

Do you know about Spacetime continuum(wiki link)?
Maybe you might not enjoy science, physics or any intriguing stuff like I do and those people who have the similar personality as Limbo.
If you are interested.

43 minutes ago, Ditto132 said:

~snip~

again he isnt creating a new dimension. he is banishing to an alternate dimension. it is not 4D or 6D it is an alternate plane of the existing dimension.

Limbo is much like a doorway he can move between it and manipulate it by moving others back and forth through it. he is not a time lord. Dio does not create a new dimension where time is stopped he changes the time in an area where the rules of time have stopped. that xmen video someone put up some pages back explains this well. that guy wasnt controling the dimension he was controlling time in the current space. it would take an unfathomable amount of energy to do both.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

12 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Hoping to see some adjustments (buffs, nerfs, bug fixes, whatever) for Limbo in this week's 20.1.0.

Since the thread's aleady unpinned, either feedback is enough or it'll just be tugged under the rug. For a frame as complex as Limbo, I really hope the first public pass isn't the last.

I think feed back is enough but I think there won't be any changes to Limbo. If there would be, they would keep this thread pinned to further evaluate feed back after the changes. My guess is they were more concerned about bug fixes rather than anything else and since no one's reporting any more bugs about Limbo's mechanics, he's done. Time to spam the Octavia thread.

Edited by (PS4)mahoshonenfox

i can understand time scale on nova because she alters particles on a molecular lvl but limbo they should have just done him like the user in Portal the game. on this infact they should remove wormhole from nova give her something else and give wormhole to limbo and just make it a door you use to go in and out of the rift rather than point a to b.

38 minutes ago, -CM-Haardrale said:

That would negate the core of the rework if he needs an ability to go to the rift. Or if you say as a door to be used by allies, It already has said door (rift tear when you dash)

the core of the rework is stasis they had to put rift walk somewhere which is the result of making space for stasis.

1 hour ago, -CM-Haardrale said:

That would negate the core of the rework if he needs an ability to go to the rift. Or if you say as a door to be used by allies, It already has said door (rift tear when you dash)

44 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the core of the rework is stasis they had to put rift walk somewhere which is the result of making space for stasis.

And as a result, he's the one Warframe with a legitimate, core-to-his-gameplay power that costs him no energy, and is in addition to his 4 "regular" powers. That's literally power creep. 

I expect DE to make sure every warframe is updated to have one key power become an activate-anytime, no energy cost function. For instance, maybe whenever Rhino was sprinting, hitting something was the equivalent of the charge. Excalibur could do Radial Blind every time he slid. Mirage could just roll to activate Hall of Mirrors. All without energy expenditure, of course. 

Edit: the main point being, I think DE has to make a decision on how valuable Rift Walk is. If it's core to his gameplay, it should be a power. No other effectively passive ability is so fundamental to a frame's playstyle. And if it's not core to his powers - that is, if Banish, Stasis, Surge, and Cataclysm are the essential elements, then he should lose rift walk, perhaps having it become a part of one of the other powers. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

6 hours ago, -CM-Haardrale said:

What kind of nonses is this? OF COURSE you msut learn how other warframes work. It's not even difficult, a 2 minute video can teach you anything from any warframe. I main limbo, Don't spam cataclysm, don't abuse stasis, and never had a single complain from a teammate. At the same time, I don't care what other frames they will take, because this game is coop. That means, we must act accordingly to get the best of us. You can run around in the same area with 3 other tenno, that doesn't make you a team. Being able to interact and weave a good strategy and attack pattern makes you a part of the team.

It took you forever to learn you can roll out of the rift? That's your problem man, never been a secret. I always say it at the start of a mission.

Comign back to the "this is a co-op game" thing... You can't always do what you like. You want to shoot in the stasis? well, projectiles will only move when it's deactivated.  If you see the limbo going melee, go melee inside the cataclysm. Same as when you see a Nyx doing absorb you should shoot her, or kill near a maiming equinox. It's called teamwork, and with a limbo it's even more important. Now, a good limbo would deactivate and recast stasis from time to time to allow projectiles to get to the enemies, but he can also not do it, have you tried asking?

You have someone on your team who can create an area where incoming enemy damage is literally 0, for as long as one minute (with 50% range reduction too). That's insanely useful in defenses, mobile defenses, excavations... OR he can deal nearly as much damage as a quake banshee with a different build (albeit that makes him more prone to get killed, since shutting cataclysm will unrift the Limbo and leave him defenseless against heavy units, who normally won't die from the cataclysm -bear in mind it scales of current enemy shield and health, armor not included, so each cast deals less damage-).

Limbo is not broken, it's a trade off. You can have an area where you and your teammates can rest and gain energy, while making normal enemies unable to harm you, but shooting inside that area won't work. It's the most powerful CC in game right now, like a vauban if bastille was made of indestructable, time gated Atlas walls.

P.S.: What's the point of whining about the rift tear? Oh, I ended inside the rift by accident, I'm gaining energy and I'm safe, I only have to press roll to get out, WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?!

First of all, I NEVER EVER said to nerf him.  Don't put words in my mouth, please...  I don't care how powerful or weak he is, I just don't want him to f**k with me...

Secondly, I agree that learning how every frame works and can be played makes it easier to work WITH other frames/players and build better synergy.  However, Limbo requires you to work AROUND him.  He interrupts your projectiles, flags enemies as unkillable when rifted, and frankly confuses you in what you can/can't kill/do when his powers activate.  He literally requires you to change how you play and/or learn how to play him in order to have him as a teammate. 

So, in a nutshell: There is no other frame or weapon that is as invasive as Limbo...

Edited by Andrakax

6 minutes ago, Andrakax said:

First of all, I NEVER EVER said to nerf him.  Don't put words in my mouth, please...

Secondly, I agree that learning how every frame works and can be played makes it easier to work WITH other frames/players and build better synergy.  However, Limbo requires you to work AROUND him.  He interrupts your projectiles, flags enemies as unkillable when rifted, and frankly confuses you in what you can/can't kill/do when his powers activate.  He literally requires you to change how you play and/or learn how to play him in order to have him as a teammate. 

So, in a nutshell: There is no other frame or weapon that is as invasive as Limbo...

i was met with this when i was doing akkad with sayrn the only issue i was having was determining if i was banished or if i was inside cata there is no way to know unless you roll and it puts you out it is extremely disruptive. the only person who knows whats going on with limbo is the person playing limbo unless he tells you whats happening. 

52 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Well yeah I'm as much as a fan of spacetime geek stuff like @Ditto132 I see no problem with stasis. (Edit: I meant as he having stasis as his power. On the other hand stasis creates some problems with teammates of Limbo)

He doesnt create a new dimension, he is somewhat in control of that dimension as " Master of The Rift"

But each to their own of course

However, as gameplay wise, Limbo as a squishy frame was in serious need of CC. He was the only one without some good cc before rework I believe

It can be stasis or some other power that grants CC. It doesn't matter. This rework caused problems yes but also gave Limbo a good cc skill.

Edited by DinendalMinyatur
Correction

Despite my protests against Limbo earlier in this thread, I played him in a few missions as I had to finish getting him to level 30 anyway. While it was kind of fun to be able to cheese levels like that and finish one wave of Akkad in 3 uses of Cataclysm, it's really not fair to your team. I don't feel the damage necessarily is a problem. If anything, it could be tuned down a bit, but I think the bigger problem is that he can refresh his energy. It does that much damage and refunds energy per kill for all the enemies you have inside it. An oversight like that, when I think about it, doesn't seem like it was DE's intention. 

If Cataclysm itself stops refunding energy per kill (removing the interaction with Limbo's passive) it would be fine. The fact he can spam it at no cost is the problem.

1 minute ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

Well yeah I'm as much as a fan of spacetime geek stuff like @Ditto132 I see no problem with stasis.

He doesnt create a new dimension, he is somewhat in control of that dimension as " Master of The Rift"

But each to their own of course

However, as gameplay wise, Limbo as a squishy frame was in serious need of CC. He was the only one without some good cc before rework I believe

It can be stasis or some other power that grants CC. It doesn't matter. This rework caused problems yes but also gave Limbo a good cc skill.

he was not in serious need of CC the rift is the most powerful CC in the entire game. what he did need was survivability which they could have done differently they didnt need to stack CC on top of CC to do that. they could simply have lowered enemy accuracy to limbo while they and him are in the rift and they could have also gave him damage reduction for being in the rift.

If cataclysm was not as huge it would allow all players to participate how they'd like to in the same room. 

Enemies would be closer for melee if you wanted to be in the stasis cataclysm, and if you wanted to just shoot stuff you would have to go to a different room away from the objective+team to do so.

It would also aid in most unintentional stasis ending, ie if someone was shooting with mirage and a bullet hose when it was activated even though they are 40m away.

And cataclysm nuking or rift torrent would have to be more focused/actively executed.

Limbo's stasis takes up far too much of the map imo.

Edited by Murkar