Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes & Operators[hypothesis]

hello again ,

I did a hypothesis a while back, a few may remember   or may not, this may come across as a recap for many , but for some it may be helpful 

ive found the concepts of warframes fascinating in terms of how they function and their possible construction

when I initially drafted it , I was reflecting on the second dream so prior to them this was just a lot of theoretical discussion 

and with the help of Emptydevil, we reflected on the silver groves & transference <-[some of their links broke so still want to point them out ]

this is more contemplation on the development and what we know 

without further delay:

The Warframes?

to the current state of awareness we view warframes as a bio-mechanical doll 

Nidus

we now have a solid grasp that warframes are utilizing infested in their construction , nidus being it seems more so then others as that is the focus of his abilities , with his arrival and that of helmith we now know there is specific facilities on our ship and that were developed to cater to our frames specifically with the infested in mind and even incorporated 

with this in mind the construction of a warframe then still leads to this concept of a metal chassis or structure that the infested cultures are grafted and developed onto 

The Framework

reflection on the various forms and types of warframes the construction, things remain the same

blueprint:  schematics and instructions on how to assemble /graft /grow the frame and its parts

Helm: the implanted device for neural interface for operators transference 

System: the nerve/neural network for control and use of warfarmes body and its powers/abilities

Chassis:the framework designed to withstand the strain of warframes strength / powers and movement 

possibly the layout of the infested muscles and built in limiters to restrain abnormal physical muscle movement and allow it to only reflect or mimic movements that can be accomplished in a humanoid form 

we know the infested plague can grow on living tissue and mechanical

examples, mutalist quanta, infested moas, and the infested chargers 

from this we know can see the infested strains can infact couple living tissue [cloned, human, ect], bio-mechanical tissue [infested] , and machine [robotic units ] togetehr and is probably how the construction of warframes was derived, a simple application of these materials together coupled with well crafted manipulation of the tissues to create surrogate [golem] bodies that can withstand a tennos powers /mind and allow them to function without harming others

[review rhino primes lore of a possible example of this in early stages, also the hand reference is reflected by stalker in tsd] 

from this knowledge in conjuration with the silver grove , we know that orokin society had scientists who were experts in the infested 

Silver grove

these three quotes key in on specific contents 

My bags are packed, I'm all set to leave. I can't believe I'll be working with one of my childhood heroes, Archimidean Margulis! On comms she said she needed the best Infestation biologist there was... I think my knees almost gave out!

My childhood dream has become a nightmare. I don't blame Margulis, she's as much a victim as the children we're working with. At first the project seemed therapeutic and nurturing. I was myself. But now... Transference therapy is being turned into a weapon. Now I build these vile weapons called "Warframes" all for one purpose: death. I've become everything I hate.

These past weeks, I've been secretly testing Transference on myself. I can only survive short bursts - linking to Titania the way only Tenno can stand. I've never felt anything like it. A tortured presence, like an evil ink, staining my mind. But... it worked. I'm going to use this wrong to make right.

we became aware in the Silver grove that normal people [non tenno] can infact use the transference system, but not as easilya s us and its risky 

Second dream 

the Lotus reveals that one of the Orokin, Margulis, helped save them from their uncontrollable powers by creating a dream-state for them to live in, and also explains that Margulis was killed by the Orokin Executors and her ideas were used by them to create "Transference", which allows the Tenno to control their powers through a remote "surrogate", the Warframe.

this can partially explain how stalker came to be 

The Orokin, now desperate, seek to exploit the Void energy. They put their empire rejects in their ships designed to expose them to the Void energy, in the hopes of recreating something that was accidentally discovered.

what would happen to the host body [a user, be it tenno operator or normal person] "consciousness" if their own body was lost while in link to a warframe , or if the link pulled them into the frame permanently  ?

EmptyDevil

Standard Transference

host body <neural interface> Surrogate body

this system is featuring a surrogate body manipulation with the mind while origional body exists and is in another location

with this we can still access the original body and even control the warframe while awake (second dream operator is awake/aware and controls frame from orbiter) 

now let us reflect on a subject of the stalker, who may be an example of what we label as

Full Transference( Forced full integration of consciousness into surrogate body) 

host body <neural interface> Surrogate body

this may partially answer the stalker and hunhow discussion in the second dream

"All your dread-long life, you've waited for this moment. But you're asking yourself, 'Was I one of these wretched things?' You know the answer. You still hate them. You still hate yourself."

Spoiler

y02qlAz.jpgmkjeBQX.jpg

Are Warfarmes self aware?

"Once the Somatic Link has been filled three times, the person and the Warframe are both blown back from the energy dispersion, separating them. The Stalker stands before the Warframe, lifeless again after being separated from the Operator's touch. The person cowers in fear, as Hunhow, via Stalker's greatsword, monologues how the Warframe (up to this point thought to be the Tenno) is a "metal puppet" to the real Tenno, who is actually the helpless person from the Reservoir. After stabbing the Warframe with his greatsword War, the Stalker approaches the Tenno and proceeds to choke them. Inexplicably, the Warframe revitalizes and breaks War in half, dispelling Hunhow's control, causing the Stalker to be overcome with immense pain. The Stalker leaves, releasing a blinding flash that knocks the real Tenno unconscious."

from this we witnessed our warframes moving of their own accord

though what was viewed was jerky and strained in its motion and movement, its unlikely that the bodies were designed with this function in mind and it is straining for them to do so, and may not have been possible under anything less then a stressful/life endangering point as the operator is linked to the frame, and as such the survival of the frames continued existence was in jeopardy and it acted in self preservation

from this its possible that the infested strain of the frame being separate from the normal hivemind they share , and veiwes our operator as its "core or  mind" of its collective structure as without us it dosnt normally operate 

Spoiler

Image result for the war within

The sands of inaros and TWW [ kuva  and continuity ?]

on the walls of the tomb we see multiple inaros units, presumably using vanilla inaros 

these are working for the orokin "skymen" and are taking people

WHY ?

orokin continuity seems to be an answer

as we learn from the queens in the war within, the orokin devised a method to which they can poses or take over a new body with their consciousness

this may have been derived from study of tenno & orro and our own transference system , and how kuva was devised /siphoned/ created /discovered

as kuva seems to be hold dark potential unlike our orro

and stalker also seems to reflect its colors as do the other acolytes 

another concept is that instead of using these taken for continuity

"The Orokin, now desperate, seek to exploit the Void energy. They put their empire rejects in their ships designed to expose them to the Void energy, in the hopes of recreating something that was accidentally discovered. Though most of them died in the process, those among the infected lineage that survived saw the energy of the Void infused with their virus, which resulted in abilities channeling raw void energy. The Warframe are built as conduits for these void energies and to breed the newly developed race into a lethal asset. Excalibur was the first Warframe created during this time, it's form based on the proto-Warframe from the pre-Orokin time. A new warrior and a new code was born; they were codenamed "Tenno.""

as warfarmes in the inaros timeline were being used by orokin its more likely the later or at least a mix of both were the reasoning 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

3 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Ok, so what about Tenno being able to teleport into the battlefield? Or is this even teleportation?

Honestly, we have no idea what it is.

Teleportation or just somehow always "inside" their Warframes.
We just need more lore explaining it. I'm tired of trying to tie strings together that are too short.

13 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Ok, so what about Tenno being able to teleport into the battlefield? Or is this even teleportation?

operators can appearently move through transference at full power.... soooo originally it was just you shooting your presence out of the vessel ( warframe) for a few seconds...now you can use it for travel, allbiet for a short time before you have to go back in...because your frail.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Honestly, we have no idea what it is.

Teleportation or just somehow always "inside" their Warframes.
We just need more lore explaining it. I'm tired of trying to tie strings together that are too short.

My bet would be that Tenno had become something far more advanced than superpowered Orokin in the jump accident. More like Corrputed Vor. It didnt surface coz of limatation placed by Margulis. What could the Tenno do? For one, create a new body out of Void energy to inhabit. In that case what gives Tenno power is their mind, original body is no longer needed. Tenno can create/recreate one as they need it. Why is that body needed? If Im not wrong only Tenno can disobey the carrier of Kuva.

Thats just my guess and what I hope will come true.

1 minute ago, Xardis said:

Ok, so waht about Tenno being able to teleport into the battlefield? Or is this even teleportation?

It's sort of an odd card. Personally I think that it generally leans towards a psionic projection when it comes to Focus, but Transference post TWW seems to be something rather...malleable in whatever it counts as. After all, no concrete evidence for it being a skill used during the Old War as yet, making it 'new' till otherwise stated. An argument it could explain the fate of the Hidden Messages Mirage is possible, maybe...just depends how far willing to push there.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

what would happen to the host body [a user, be it tenno operator or normal person] "consciousness" if their own body was lost while in link to a warframe , or if the link pulled them into the frame permanently  ?

Personally I'd say it'd depend on the specifics of the process. If it's strictly only a projection into something, with the anchor point being your real body, then I'd be inclined to say destroying the body would mean the whole system collapses and you die 'in transit' for want of a better term. If it were to the extent you're basically wholly within the surrogate losing your own body would, in theory, change nothing as you'd not notice the difference.

Though considering Silvanna...either her own body is somewhere still, or she's a good example of how much you risk losing if you 'inhabit' something that isn't your own body. Body Dysphoria is not a simple ordeal when you're considering that we could indeed go to something entirely divergent from the human body paradigm. I mean, Silvanna's potentially several trees. And then there's the Cephalons and how they all seem to have lost...something...in their transition to psuedo-AI constructs.

If 'inhabiting' a Warframe (for sake of distinction) were similar...there's a lot of potential for psychological duress that could follow. Especially if there's more to Silvanna's 'tortured presence' perception of the process.

Any rate, apologies for going on, as always.

41 minutes ago, Alaizia said:

operators can appearently move through transference at full power.... soooo originally it was just you shooting your presence out of the vessel ( warframe) for a few seconds...now you can use it for travel, allbiet for a short time before you have to go back in...because your frail.

explained it pretty  it very nicely imo ^

27 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

It's sort of an odd card. Personally I think that it generally leans towards a psionic projection when it comes to Focus, but Transference post TWW seems to be something rather...malleable in whatever it counts as. After all, no concrete evidence for it being a skill used during the Old War as yet, making it 'new' till otherwise stated. An argument it could explain the fate of the Hidden Messages Mirage is possible, maybe...just depends how far willing to push there.

Personally I'd say it'd depend on the specifics of the process. If it's strictly only a projection into something, with the anchor point being your real body, then I'd be inclined to say destroying the body would mean the whole system collapses and you die 'in transit' for want of a better term. If it were to the extent you're basically wholly within the surrogate losing your own body would, in theory, change nothing as you'd not notice the difference.

Though considering Silvanna...either her own body is somewhere still, or she's a good example of how much you risk losing if you 'inhabit' something that isn't your own body. Body Dysphoria is not a simple ordeal when you're considering that we could indeed go to something entirely divergent from the human body paradigm. I mean, Silvanna's potentially several trees. And then there's the Cephalons and how they all seem to have lost...something...in their transition to psuedo-AI constructs.

If 'inhabiting' a Warframe (for sake of distinction) were similar...there's a lot of potential for psychological duress that could follow. Especially if there's more to Silvanna's 'tortured presence' perception of the process.

Any rate, apologies for going on, as always.

its appreciated ^ :) 

explain the context of why the stalker even if not full transference , is crazy /unhinged/mental , ive added some inaros parst also

its possible the reason the orokin were "taking" people was to reflect them trying to recreate the zarimon incident they accidentally created 

im hoping more info is to come with the umbras, as it is we can rationalize things but some cannon content to support them would be nice 

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ive added some inaros parst also

To be fair, I'm inclined to wonder if the Inaros situation is actually the 'Yuvan tribute' before we had the context for it. I mean...considering how much the Orokin hated the Tenno, I doubt they'd want more of them if they could avoid it. Especially considering the...security risk it all posed what with the lack of a Kuva 'geas' perhaps. Not impossible...but certainly need more to say either way.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

im hoping more info is to come with the umbras, as it is we can rationalize things but some cannon content to support them would be nice

Maybe. I'm still unsure how I sit on the whole issue, past being curious what about it has brought Steve to be cagey with the 'story' they're aiming for it. I'll be frank, another Excalibur variant ain't so special, but something deeper beyond that on a story front, that's intriguing.

6 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

To be fair, I'm inclined to wonder if the Inaros situation is actually the 'Yuvan tribute' before we had the context for it. I mean...considering how much the Orokin hated the Tenno, I doubt they'd want more of them if they could avoid it. Especially considering the...security risk it all posed what with the lack of a Kuva 'geas' perhaps. Not impossible...but certainly need more to say either way.

Maybe. I'm still unsure how I sit on the whole issue, past being curious what about it has brought Steve to be cagey with the 'story' they're aiming for it. I'll be frank, another Excalibur variant ain't so special, but something deeper beyond that on a story front, that's intriguing.

as the inaros were present in number per the glyphs on the wall , it makes me think as the orokin were desperate , and needed more cannon fodder 

Spoiler

3_ikNXYc0O.png

as for umbra, more then excal will be coming but we dont know beyond that, what was stated is that they will bring answers of the questions we have in regards to warframes

so excal umbra is just the first 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
cut off of words?

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

as the inaros were present in number per the glyphs on the wall , it makes me think as the orokin were desperate , and needed more cannon fodder 

Possibly...though considering that the Transference system should mitigate any Tenno casualties, if not outright prevent them, the loss of a Warframe should be relatively straightforward to replace. Deaths I imagine likely were in regards to civilians and their Dax soldiers, potentially.

Still, end of the day, we just don't know just what limits and dangers Transference brings in that regard though.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

as for umbra, more then excal will be coming but we dont know beyond that, what was stated is that they will bring answers of the questions we have in regards to warframes

Whilst true, as of the moment seeing as the only one we know of is Excal, not much point musing what else may be along. Till then, method towards answers...which probably will lead to ever more arguments and dispute.

6 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Possibly...though considering that the Transference system should mitigate any Tenno casualties, if not outright prevent them, the loss of a Warframe should be relatively straightforward to replace. Deaths I imagine likely were in regards to civilians and their Dax soldiers, potentially.

Still, end of the day, we just don't know just what limits and dangers Transference brings in that regard though.

Whilst true, as of the moment seeing as the only one we know of is Excal, not much point musing what else may be along. Till then, method towards answers...which probably will lead to ever more arguments and dispute.

hear that xD