Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new physX version included in latest nvidia driver

RustGear

9 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Did release notes say they fixed it? Because we haven't heard anything from NVidia and I'd assume they'd tell us.

Nothing on release notes that I can see, but there is indeed a new PhysX version:

I think it's worth a shot if you guys did only disable the option without changing anything else.

EDIT: Added spoiler for the absurdly large formatting. I love this new forums interactions hah

Edited by NightmareT12

20 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Did release notes say they fixed it? Because we haven't heard anything from NVidia and I'd assume they'd tell us.

There is an announcement in reddit's forums board, I already see that someone above me posted it take a sneak peak in it.

Nvidia fixed it I think I was skimming the other thread and well there is an app that uses loads of Physx and that does not leak so I assume it is working fine and could be enabled again for this driver.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

I downloaded Windows CU and installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Haven't had a chance to test out new physx but I played BF1 for a while and I definitely had a few more fps(5-10 depending on the situations).

Rig : 

i7-7700k(4.8 OC)

16 gb ram(300mhz)

GTX 1060 6b(OC)

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.17.0329-driver.html

Version:
Release Date:

• THE ONLY CHANGE in this version 9.17.0329 from 9.16.0328 is that this version has new digital signatures on all of the DLLs. Both SAH1 and SHA256 signatures are present.
  • Includes the latest PhysX runtime builds to support all released PhysX content.
  • Changes & fixed issues in this release
    • Adds Support for 1000 series GPUs for Batman Arkham Knight.
  • Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 9‑series, and 100‑series to 900‑series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
    Note: Some applications may have higher minimum requirements.
  • Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce for SDK versions 2.7.1, 2.7.3, 2.7.4, 2.7.5, 2.7.6, 2.8.0, 2.8.1, 2.8.3 and 2.8.4.
  • Supports control of your GPU PhysX configuration from the NVIDIA display driver control panel.
  • Note: For games that use SDK versions before 2.7.1 the PhysX Legacy Installer must also be installed. These are games that were released around the end of 2007 or earlier. (AGEIA titles) Examples of these games include CellFactor, Clive baker’s Jerich, Gears of War, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Switchball and Velvet Assassin. The PhysX Legacy Installer is available here: PhysX_System_Software_Legacy_Driver.

You can access the release notes from this link:http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Edited by C4Chaos42