Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse button 4 and 5 do not work

ladenone

Same issue with g502 and Win10 creators update. It sometimes (like 1 in 4) fixed by unplug and plug back the mouse.

I'm spoiled by "back" button on menu somehow.....I'm annoyed by the 0.1 sec difference between side button and escape key lol.

I use Mouse 4 for Quick Melee & Mouse 5 for Melee Equip, & I ran into this issue after Windows 10 Creators update.  However, it's only affecting one of my machines on which I run Warframe!  Both machines are running the same Windows 10 build & both are using Logitech G500 mice.  I turned off Windows Game Mode for both machines hoping that might help, but that had no effect.

Some odd things I noticed after the Windows update that might or might not be related:

• The unaffected machine is running 2 GTX 980s in SLI.  The affected machine is a laptop running a GTX 980m.
  • After the Windows 10 Creators Update, Nvidia Physx was set to be run on the CPU for both machines.  In the Nvidia Control Panel, I usually set this to Automatic for the unaffected machine & "use GTX 980m" for the affected machine.
  • SLI was set to Disabled on the unaffected machine.

I updated the graphics settings for both machines per usual, but this really only let me re-enable PhysX in Warframe.  It had no impact on the mouse thumb buttons on the affected machine (the laptop).

Both mice are running the same firmware & I have Logitech's Gaming Software installed on both machines.  I also tried switching the mice between the 2 machines, but that didn't change anything.

Not sure what else to check or try, but if anyone comes up with a solution to this, I would happy dance.

Edited by HeXeNzUk666
grammar mistake

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here since creators update. I really miss my back button.

Edit: Got it back working by using Logitech Gaming Software to bind the esc-button to my back-button

Edited by BlackMystery
Found workaround

I bound my aim and secondary fire to mouse 4 and 5 respectively, so after losing those and the back function Warframe becomes too much of a hassle, considering I literally just logged in to play a little survival run.

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 10:38 PM, BlackMystery said:

Same problem here since creators update. I really miss my back button.

Edit: Got it back working by using Logitech Gaming Software to bind the esc-button to my back-button

THIS! works for me. thx a lot, mate. cheers!

• 3 months later...