The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Lots of Spoilers)Who really is the Stalker ect

-Tzek4-

A codex entry shows that the stalker is basically hunting us for killing the orokin. This is lightly touched on throughout the second dream quest where towards the exact end of the quest we hear two things of high interest.
1. The lotus mentions that the tenno secret drove the stalker to madness
2. The stalker when shown the truth looks at the reservoir pod and himself in bewilderment.
However there is something vital through out all of this, and it begins with the first cutscene. The Stalker speaks of remembering what we have done(codex), Yet he does not remember who or what the sentients are, having not attacked them on sight besides having caused near extinction to the orokin empire. Next we see he seemingly has forgotten what drove him to insanity and continues to show confusion and second thoughts on his actions through out the last half of the quest.
What really is this thing?
- Orokin? Beyond no
- A detached warframe? No, judging of all thing we h ave seen of any warframe creator is they almost always have a hatred or great amounts of displeasure with them. so why show such compassion and empathy for a people who hate* you?
- A old tenno?, No because from what we can tell the tenno are aware of the hatred and alienation the orokin put on them and also for killing out metaphorical mother "Archemedian Margulis"
- The Tennos undead father/spirit inside them, Depending on your actions with the queens kuva staff their is a indication of a possible malignant presence inside the tenno that use the same dialogue as thier father. "kiddo" was his reference to the player. However i dont think the stalker is him or controlled by him since the presence could make the tenno commit suicide with its empowered presence with kuva"
So What the hell is this random warframe, and his acolytes? For me it is most certainly Nothing we know of yet, as it goes against every race and character we know of and seemingly almost more important in terms of threats besides the fathers spirit possession on our tenno.

I think he's a non-Tenno who used Transference to control a warframe like Silvania did and got stuck. Specifically, he might have used Kuva to transfer himself, explaining his madness and reinforcing his red/black color scheme. 

Intresting idea, maybe that is one way why he is a "low" guardian compared to the other "higher" ones the tenno. He maybe one of the side projects of the main tenno project which would be what would happen if we either take the most loyalist soldier and stuff his mind into a frame or bred one and do the same thing. Another thing that could be possible is that the stalker could have gone mad when his original body was damaged beyond repair/ was tested to see what happens if a tenno or person was stuck in the warframe for eternity as a possible route after the encounter of the scientist that stuff herself in a rock as the person said above me.

Also for the sentient point is that a saying is, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." I think he is aware of what they are, but they were defeated by his glorious masters and that they already or mostly had their punishment dished out to them while the tenno remains free of said punishment. The other thing is that is just plain blind revenge which he will use anything to exact revenge on the tenno. A way to view would be that the ends justify the means to appropriate the requirements that are needed to fulfill the conditions for the task at hand.

Anyways enough of my rambling, but very interesting points and ideas that both of you have brought up.

7 minutes ago, Dewsitine said:

Intresting idea, maybe that is one way why he is a "low" guardian compared to the other "higher" ones the tenno. He maybe one of the side projects of the main tenno project which would be what would happen if we either take the most loyalist soldier and stuff his mind into a frame or bred one and do the same thing. Another thing that could be possible is that the stalker could have gone mad when his original body was damaged beyond repair/ was tested to see what happens if a tenno or person was stuck in the warframe for eternity as a possible route after the encounter of the scientist that stuff herself in a rock as the person said above me.

Also for the sentient point is that a saying is, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." I think he is aware of what they are, but they were defeated by his glorious masters and that they already or mostly had their punishment dished out to them while the tenno remains free of said punishment. The other thing is that is just plain blind revenge which he will use anything to exact revenge on the tenno. A way to view would be that the ends justify the means to appropriate the requirements that are needed to fulfill the conditions for the task at hand.

Anyways enough of my rambling, but very interesting points and ideas that both of you have brought up.

In the main post i forgot to mention he did not recognise hunhow who should be a major offender. For deal they made it would still be like siding with tenno.....who are far more dangerous if they come back in full force.

7 hours ago, Akavakaku said:

I think he's a non-Tenno who used Transference to control a warframe like Silvania did and got stuck. Specifically, he might have used Kuva to transfer himself, explaining his madness and reinforcing his red/black color scheme. 

But the problem with that is, he was low in the Orokin ranks, and was not on the Zariman Ten-Zero, so he wouldn't of been exposed to the Void in that sense, so he couldn't use powers. The frames are conduits of the energy, they do not possess it themselves. Plus he was there during the Collapse. There's flaws in any theory though, but it was a good theory nonetheless.

Edited by (XB1)AntiCaesar
Error

I am surprised no one here touched on Umbra.

Yes, we know nothing about umbra, but they will not be farmable. They will be twisted forms of a Prime Warframe.

We now know Transference is posession, mentally or physically. Kuva works in a similar way, preserving and moving minds from bodies or even machines.

Shadow means Umbra and Helminth speaks of the Operators as Void Demons, confirmed by Ballas in TSD and by the Void in TWW. Helminth allso speaks of shadows.

Hunhow calls Stalker a shadow.

Rail Specters refer to themselves as shadows too.

Stalker remembers he once was a Guardian. He separate himself from Tenno, but Lotus claims he saw the Reservoir and went mad from it.

It is however possible that both are true. He was a Guardian for the Orokin,  the Queens still use them and they are clearly made with void since only voidenergy can break their Defences. 

He was shown the reservoir and the void-power touched him and corrupted him.

Or he was a Guardian forever, bound to his frame like Ordan Karris to his ship. Seeing the Betrayers broke his mind as he realized he once was just like them, a human child from the void made into a living weapon.

The hatred and role of judge may have been inherited traits from the Guardians.  We may think they were low and no match for the Tenno. But what if that was not the case?

What if the Guardians was like the Dax; pseudo tenno that have some of their powers but not direct access to the Void. What if they were in fact very powerful, only called low because the Orokin used Tenno as Temple Guardians (Rhino Paladin lore).

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Yes, we know nothing about umbra, but they will not be farmable. They will be twisted forms of a Prime Warframe.

We now know Transference is posession, mentally or physically. Kuva works in a similar way, preserving and moving minds from bodies or even machines.

Shadow means Umbra and Helminth speaks of the Operators as Void Demons, confirmed by Ballas in TSD and by the Void in TWW. Helminth allso speaks of shadows.

Stalker remembers he once was a Guardian. He separate himself from Tenno, but Lotus claims he saw the Reservoir and went mad from it.

It is however possible that both are true. He was a Guardian for the Orokin,  the Queens still use them and they are clearly made with void since only voidenergy can break their Defences. 

Or he was a Guardian forever, bound to his frame like Ordan Karris to his ship. Seeing the Betrayers broke his mind as he realized he once was just like them, a human child from the void made into a living weapon.

The hatred and role of judge may have been inherited traits from the Guardians.  We may think they were low and no match for the Tenno. But what if that was not the case?

What if the Guardians was like the Dax; pseudo tenno that have some of their powers but not direct access to the Void. What if they were in fact very powerful, only called low because the Orokin used Tenno as Temple Guardians (Rhino Paladin lore).

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent." - Stalker's codex

I don't think many children in their right mind would  seek revenge on something that happened a long time ago. Plus, if he didn't do the Kuva, then how is he still alive? Maybe Transference from a cryopod, but since he wasn't a Tenno, he got stuck in Transference like what's her face. (I haven't done TSG)

5 hours ago, arch111 said:

I was not aware of deluxe skins having lore. And i find a dax with being what they are to not need a warframe or control one for the purpose of the heavy stigma of tenno/warframes.
Also i did not know that the umbra warframes having any information on what they are besides images and ingame translated chinese tags

And also what do you think the father is?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent." - Stalker's codex

I don't think many children in their right mind would  seek revenge on something that happened a long time ago. Plus, if he didn't do the Kuva, then how is he still alive? Maybe Transference from a cryopod, but since he wasn't a Tenno, he got stuck in Transference like what's her face. (I haven't done TSG)

Similar to above, i do not find the stalker to be a dax or something that used kuva to ally with the tenno who are incredibly stigmatized and hated for existing. Such honor would not allow one to serve a sentient....

Other than that it still brings questions on what the hell Acolytes are?

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

I know his codex well. He was a Guardian.  What is a Guardian?  We don't know.

We do know a Dax was a superior warrior designed for the task. So was Archimedians,  Grineer and even the Orokin themselves.

Nothing the Orokin ever did was random. They made the Guardians.

And he is not in his right mind. He wants revenge for the destruction of his entire world.

He was not a Tenno because he was not on the Zariman 10 0. That do not mean he did not have powers however.

What if he was permanently Tranferred into his armor? What if he was made Cephalon that lives in the Stalker frame?

We still don't know.

I think stalker is just another tenno who was loyal to the orokin and hunts down on us to seek revenge for killing the orokin as it was in his eyes seen as betrayal as for what he is he is using a modified "Excalibur Umbra" maybe the orokin saw his loyaty towards them and gave him this warframe but also this warframe might have corrupted him into being sort of a slave to the orokin and wiping all his memories now all he remembers is that the tenno killed the orokin and he has to take revenge and for the acolytes it might have been the same case  

Edited by ShadowStalker

2 hours ago, ShadowStalker said:

I think stalker is just another tenno who was loyal to the orokin and hunts down on us to seek revenge for killing the orokin as it was in his eyes seen as betrayal as for what he is he is using a modified "Excalibur Umbra" maybe the orokin saw his loyaty towards them and gave him this warframe but also this warframe might have corrupted him into being sort of a slave to the orokin and wiping all his memories now all he remembers is that the tenno killed the orokin and he has to take revenge and for the acolytes it might have been the same case  

I think the Accolytes follow him because he was awake; he was not in Second Dream.

The Accolytes want the Tenno to join them more or less, and to "Get it allready!"

However, we are free now. The next chapter of Stalker needs telling now that Teshin, Stalker and Lotus/Hunhow let us know the truth and then Teshin broke our Void-barrier.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

He was not a Tenno because he was not on the Zariman 10 0. That do not mean he did not have powers however.

Conjecture. Nothing explicitly says or suggests that Stalker's Operator wasn't one of the Zariman Children, but Hunhow does suggest that Stalker was/is a Tenno which would mean Stalker was on that ship.

4 hours ago, Kavat_Keeper_666 said:

I was not aware of deluxe skins having lore. And i find a dax with being what they are to not need a warframe or control one for the purpose of the heavy stigma of tenno/warframes.
Also i did not know that the umbra warframes having any information on what they are besides images and ingame translated chinese tags

And also what do you think the father is?

Similar to above, i do not find the stalker to be a dax or something that used kuva to ally with the tenno who are incredibly stigmatized and hated for existing. Such honor would not allow one to serve a sentient....

Other than that it still brings questions on what the hell Acolytes are?

The father is most likely the Void. Call it what you will, but we have proof that the Zariman was lost, adrift in the Void. 

SOMETHING came onboard. Something changed the crew, the children. Something made the children hunt and kill their elders.

The childen brought the Void back with them.

"Nothing returns from the Fold." As the investigator of the Zarimans dissappearance and reappearance said.

They are demons, shadows. The Infestation fear them. The Orokin feared them.

The Sentients fear them.

If we go relugious, the Void is a holy "hellspace". Is it so surprising that something lives there?

The things that spared the children of the Zariman 10 0 let us know it is awake after Margulis locked it away all those years ago.

11 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Conjecture. Nothing explicitly says or suggests that Stalker's Operator wasn't one of the Zariman Children, but Hunhow does suggest that Stalker was/is a Tenno which would mean Stalker was on that ship.

True. But he reject the Tennos powers and have been awake, had a separate role in the Orokin society, are followed by tenno (?) Who claims he is free.

I doubt that the Zariman held all Tenno. Just the originals. After all their ranks grew with time, and even then the Stalker made it clear he was NOT one of them at Terminus. 

14 hours ago, arch111 said:

I know his codex well. He was a Guardian.  What is a Guardian?  We don't know.

We do know a Dax was a superior warrior designed for the task. So was Archimedians,  Grineer and even the Orokin themselves.

Nothing the Orokin ever did was random. They made the Guardians.

And he is not in his right mind. He wants revenge for the destruction of his entire world.

What if he was permanently Tranferred into his armor? What if he was made Cephalon that lives in the Stalker frame?

We still don't know.

The stuck inside a frame theory is the most plausible, because what's her face in The Silver Grove. But saying he had void powers is a stretch, the frames are just conduits for the Void energy, maybe it's some Stalker-made augment for said frame