Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Win10Game Mode causing loading screen to hang

Abenoki

So I'm having a problem after updating to the Windows 10 creator update. When I play warframe it hangs on loading screens unless I alt+tab out of the game. Its an odd issue and so far ive tried reinstalling the game, drivers, etc. and still does it.

Edit: Did some more testing, I forgot about game mode and heres what I found

In DX9 mode the game doesn't hang, no issues at all

in DX10/11 mode if you have Game mode enabled the game will hang at the load screen until you alt+tab out

Edited by Echoa

Upgrade to windows 7, it fixes most issues involving games and general performance.

If not possible, make sure you disabled the gamebar, have the official drivers for all your hardware instead of the ones from windows update, and try removing as many background programs as possible.

Did all of this minus window 7 because I don't have performance issues and windows 7 won't be getting security or any other updates/dx12,etc. + I own windows 10 and don't feel like reinstalling an older OS and have to buy it when it's EoL.

Just trying to make it known that there might be an issue with the Creator update and the loading screen. First and only issue I've ever had with 10 or warframe.

I've had a similar issue in all games in Creators update. Frame Rate Target Control (AMD's driver level frame rate limiter) was the culprit. Disabling it solved the problem for me.

Edited by Melchiah

• 3 weeks later...