Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you have multishot, and 100% status chance, can you proc multiple times per trigger pull?

Aelli_Swiftwind

Question

If you have for example, a rifle, and for sake of easy math, 100% multishot, and 100% status chance, can you proc multiple times per trigger pull?

Can different rifle bullets proc the same status, from a single trigger pull?

For example, if you have 100% multishot, and 100% status, would you proc twice every trigger pull?

How does this work?

10 answers to this question

^ Same status is probably a no. Each bullet has an individuall status chance, what gives each individuall status proccs too. It CAN procc a status twice but it doesn't have to.

Same should apply to crits too, what makes weapons like the hema suprisingly effective on yellow crit/status builds. Especially with a corresponding Riven. (heard about people peaking at a 7,5x crit multiplier, what's rather decent really.)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Based on my own knowledge, (Correct me if I am wrong), it does proc multiple times per trigger pull. Say, for example, a rifle with pure corrosive damage with 100% status chance and multishot. It will essentially proc corrosive twice per trigger pull (provided your bullets are on target, of course), and basically strip the armor of an enemy twice as fast as a similar rifle without multishot.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Sort of.

If it has 100% BEFORE the multishot is added, then yes.  Both bullets will always trigger it.

If it has under 100% and adding the multishot mod makes it SAY 100%, then no.  It's rounding the probability that at least one of the bullets will proc.  You have a CHANCE for both to, but it's just a chance.

Also shotguns are weird.  The original pellet count shares a chance and a proc, meaning only one of the original bullets can trigger it per shot.  But EVERY pellet added by multishot can trigger independently.  And if you hit 100%, that's a LOT of extra procs.  It's why Tigris Prime is so OP.

Do shotguns have rivens yet?  Because a good status riven on Hek could pump it to a true 100, and scattered justice that thing would be a corrosive BEAST stripping things to 0 in a single shot. 

Always consider status without multishot.  Multishot just makes the display read weird compared to what's actually happening.

Edited by Callback

As mentioned each bullet has a chance to proc status. The chance is based on your status chance before multi-shot is added.

You can calculate your expected status trigger per shot by multiplying your modded status chance before multi-shot with the number of bullets being shot (multishot). Say you have 30% status chance and add in split-chamber. The expected status trigger per shot would be.

0.3 * 1.9 = 0.57

This number is not to be confused with probability which is what the UI is giving you. You can go further by multiplying your status trigger by your fire rate to get your expected status triggers per second but remember that each damage type has it's own chance to proc and only one effect can proc per bullet. Physical damage types have x4 the weight of elemental damage types as well. So if you do 300 Corrosive damage and 100 Slash Damage then 43% of your shots will proc Corrosive and 57% of them will proc Slash despite doing more Corrosive damage.

You can go even further with status by multiply the weight with your status trigger to get your expected status trigger for that particular damage type.

In case of Corrosive.

0.57 * 0.43 =  0.2457

Meaning you can expect roughly 25% of all your shots to proc Corrosive status.

2 hours ago, Callback said:

Do shotguns have rivens yet?  Because a good status riven on Hek could pump it to a true 100, and scattered justice that thing would be a corrosive BEAST stripping things to 0 in a single shot.

Shotgun Rivens have been out a couple months now.  I think I enjoy the 100% status 35 pellet count Kohm the most though.

23 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

As mentioned each bullet has a chance to proc status. The chance is based on your status chance before multi-shot is added.

You can calculate your expected status trigger per shot by multiplying your modded status chance before multi-shot with the number of bullets being shot (multishot). Say you have 30% status chance and add in split-chamber. The expected status trigger per shot would be.

0.3 * 1.9 = 0.57

This number is not to be confused with probability which is what the UI is giving you. You can go further by multiplying your status trigger by your fire rate to get your expected status triggers per second but remember that each damage type has it's own chance to proc and only one effect can proc per bullet. Physical damage types have x4 the weight of elemental damage types as well. So if you do 300 Corrosive damage and 100 Slash Damage then 43% of your shots will proc Corrosive and 57% of them will proc Slash despite doing more Corrosive damage.

You can go even further with status by multiply the weight with your status trigger to get your expected status trigger for that particular damage type.

In case of Corrosive.

0.57 * 0.43 =  0.2457

Meaning you can expect roughly 25% of all your shots to proc Corrosive status.

Shotgun Rivens have been out a couple months now.  I think I enjoy the 100% status 35 pellet count Kohm the most though.

How does kohm's spin-up multishot work with status?  Not sure I've seen that explored.

8 minutes ago, Callback said:

How does kohm's spin-up multishot work with status?  Not sure I've seen that explored.

It uses the same status mechanics as shotguns, With 100% status every pellet will proc.

Twin Kohmak is the same but unfortunately it can't reach 100% status.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

It uses the same status mechanics as shotguns, With 100% status every pellet will proc.

Twin Kohmak is the same but unfortunately it can't reach 100% status.

Normal shotguns share a status between all the base pellets tho.  Only the multishot additions can proc individually.  That's what I'm asking.  Does it count the minimum as base, with spin-up bonus AS multishot, or does the full spin-up count as base?

23 minutes ago, Callback said:

Normal shotguns share a status between all the base pellets tho.  Only the multishot additions can proc individually.  That's what I'm asking.  Does it count the minimum as base, with spin-up bonus AS multishot, or does the full spin-up count as base?

The multishot pellets use the same status rate the normal pellets have at the point it's fired so without 100% status the multishot pellets have less status trigger per as it spools because the base pellets have less. The status probability remains limier as the weapon spools.

It updates the rate on the fly if that's what you're getting at.