Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable. The update will be restarted shortly..

killingmercy

I did almost every known fix I can find on the internet....

Its already been A day since this message started showing up:

Update failed!
The content servers are temporarily unavailable.
The update will be restarted shortly..

When I open my launcher on steam it instantly shows that message.

Pls help guys, its a game breaker for me

• Like 2

we have a same prob

but try this

1. go to my computer>local disk C>program files (x#)>steam>stream apps>common>warframe>tools> and run the launcher.exe as an admin. 
2. if that doesn't work, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the game launcher. The program itself is called Warframe on the firewall, its called Evolution Engine and there are a like 3 of them. Put them all to allow all the time.
3. Go to the games file on your actual steam account, right click on the game, and go to properties. go to local files and verify cache. That might download some extra files the updater missed.
4. and finally, if all that failed, which it did for me, start the laucher up normally.

that didn't work for me but try maybe it can help

1 minute ago, Acetot said:

we have a same prob

but try this

1. go to my computer>local disk C>program files (x#)>steam>stream apps>common>warframe>tools> and run the launcher.exe as an admin. 
2. if that doesn't work, make sure your firewall isn't blocking the game launcher. The program itself is called Warframe on the firewall, its called Evolution Engine and there are a like 3 of them. Put them all to allow all the time.
3. Go to the games file on your actual steam account, right click on the game, and go to properties. go to local files and verify cache. That might download some extra files the updater missed.
4. and finally, if all that failed, which it did for me, start the laucher up normally.

that didn't work for me but try maybe it can help

I tried that too but it didn't work too

This issue strated yesterday from 11pm. After many failed login attempts, i dont know what to do anymore. I tried everything i seen on the net on this topic. Is support team even aware of this issue? There is no news about it, and seems like nobody is fixing it too. Can somebody from dev team say something...how long should we wait? How can we help? Just let us know whats going on.

57 minutes ago, GKDK said:

What worked for me was actually using my mobile network from my mobile phone as a hotspot. It downloaded the update right away. Give that a shot. 

Hey that worked out, i downloaded update, but as soon as i switched back to regular internet modem, same msg screen showed up, and i couldnt log in. So, problem remains. I sent support ticket to my internet provider asking him to change my IP. DE support is not answering on my post...

Anyway, tnx for info and help!

50 minutes ago, Nucya said:

Hey that worked out, i downloaded update, but as soon as i switched back to regular internet modem, same msg screen showed up, and i couldnt log in. So, problem remains. I sent support ticket to my internet provider asking him to change my IP. DE support is not answering on my post...

Anyway, tnx for info and help!

Ah well I hope you get it sorted out soon. This problem has been coming and going since ages ago. Do let us know if that change does fix it for you. 

Edited by GKDK

Try changing the launcher setting around (switching DirectX, 32-bit to 64-bit, changing language, etc.), usually it'll force download something which may or may not be able to help kickstart your download.

I usually get this launcher failure like every month. Using a VPN to download the update fixes it for me, but other people have reported that it forces them to redownload the entire game instead. If you're going that route I suggest backing up your files first.

On 4/10/2017 at 0:53 PM, killingmercy said:

I did almost every known fix I can find on the internet....

Its already been A day since this message started showing up:

Update failed!
The update will be restarted shortly..

When I open my launcher on steam it instantly shows that message.

Pls help guys, its a game breaker for me

have the exact same problem pls help i just wanna play warframe again

Guess what - i am having this issue again!
I played today WF with out any problems, but last 2 hours i cant even download the update. And everything i done is not fixing it. Idk what to say...this is 2nd time in 4-5 days. Its very frustrating + i am missiong some nice alerts, cosmetic items and many more.

Nice. along with a decent event. 

"Update failed!
The update will be restarted shortly.."

Seriously?? Can't warframe do updates without bothering players? This ALWAYS happens EVERYTIME!!
then fixed after **** HOURS automatically fixes itself. SERIOUSLY????????????????????????

22 hours ago, Gamsta0212 said:

Nice. along with a decent event. 

"Update failed!
The update will be restarted shortly.."

Seriously?? Can't warframe do updates without bothering players? This ALWAYS happens EVERYTIME!!
then fixed after **** HOURS automatically fixes itself. SERIOUSLY????????????????????????

it fixes itself?

what did you do?

i just do the "Verify intergrity of game files" on properties, and it says 47 files error and then in my download queue there's warframe on download progress, you guys maybe should do it to.

(Right click Warframe - click properrties - click local files - click Verify intergrity of game files)

2 hours ago, D4rkL1ght3r said:

i just do the "Verify intergrity of game files" on properties, and it says 47 files error and then in my download queue there's warframe on download progress, you guys maybe should do it to.

(Right click Warframe - click properrties - click local files - click Verify intergrity of game files)

I don't think you should verify integrity of game cache through Steam, as Steam does not have access to the files. I had to go through that experience, and I ended up re-downloading the whole thing again. 
Any kind of verification/ optimization should be done through the Launcher, not Steam. 

Edited by Last-Aegis