Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable. The update will be restarted shortly..

killingmercy

:nerd:

Ok here are some sample to checkout first

Firewall settings - allow 3 programs to go thru 

From the map c:/bla bla /warframe

Warframe.exe

Warframe.64.exe

From the map c:/bla bla/warframe/Tools

Launcher.exe

Try to give this 3 files the firewall rule to go In and Out bounded

-- Next go to you're router website

- go to the tab where  Upnp is

---- Start warframe launcher and see if the router is making 3 or 4 diffrent Upnp routes --

if this is correct as i typed then you're warframe is able to communicate between Digital extreme and you

-- if you not seeing any Upnp routes beeing made on the router itself then the follow trouble can be around

more than 1 firewall software

more than 1 antivirus programs

---

Try to shutdown you're main firewall and activate windows firewall and see if this improves

-- normal it should be all fine as long you provide the right files thru the firewall

----

Check Steam ..

Steam can be bounded to an certain download limit .. i would reccomend you to unlock the full download speed in Steam

---- this are some things you might wanna check out ---

Recomend software 

Net framework 3.0 and Higher

Update visual runtime library  from microsoft 

I hope this helps anyone 

q9rEYeZ.jpg

This is how it looks like when the firewall is giving acces to the files >.<

Edited by -_Highlander_-
Upnp Not Static .. my bad .. Added the Upnp pic

i just downloaded the update files.... all the files, but it got stuck at 103.4 or 104.8 Kb... KB, are u serious. it was just a few tiny Kb, but still the game won;t start. always saying, "

logo.png

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly.."

please, DE solve this problem quickly, cause it really sucks, to see other players comment on how awesome the new patch files are.... :sadcry:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

same issue here, happened when my brother tried to login and it said that he already tried login too many times, which the weird thing is that's the first time he tried to log in after a while. then the same thing happened to me. now it changes from too many times to login failed and change again to update failed in the launcher. i cant even access the official warframe website saying that i have no permission to access the website. 

i've tried to wait more than 24 hours hoping that this is only a temp ip ban but no luck :(

EDIT: i think it happened because i tried the invalid promocode too many times, ill try to wait for another 2 days then, wish me luck

Edited by Michaeliszt

• 2 weeks later...
В 14.02.2018 в 02:58, Michaeliszt сказал:

IT'S FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's indeed because my promocode invalid thing, and i just have to wait, about 2 day.

HERE IT IS!

Same problem with invalid promocode...

Edited by -EPECb-

• 4 weeks later...

Same as everybody else, I had this same "Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers" problem.

I also tried pretty much everything under the sun to go around it. What worked for me was a VPN. I tried Tunnelbear (which is very well reviewed) previously but it didn't work, so I was trying other things. Eventually, I tried this VPN called Windscribe. It gives a free account 10GB per month of transference. While not enough for a full game download, it worked for those last 300 MB or so that I couldn't get.

If this information can be useful for anybody else, I'm playing from Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I'm using TIM Live for my internet provider.

• 1 month later...

It has been happening since a few days for a lot of people, there is even another couple threads about it, but so far no answers from DE.

It's starting to become frustrating. I could play this game fine before.

Just started getting into this, watching some tutorials... and I liked it.

But this is killing the game for me, why can't it be like League of Legends launcher (best launcher in the world with the best method for updating the game)

This whole IP Ban thing is just Overkill and what's the point when you can just use a VPN to bypass it?!

Edited by Rexavalia
grammer!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-04-10 at 2:24 PM, GKDK said:

What worked for me was actually using my mobile network from my mobile phone as a hotspot. It downloaded the update right away. Give that a shot. 

Thanks so much for that. I couldn't get on for a few days until I saw your message and immediately realised the problem. I hadn't considered it a network issue but disabled my VPN and it worked instantly. Gratitude.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-04-15 at 6:13 PM, Last-Aegis said:

So it's an issue on the server? Well, it may not be far-fetched as most of the users with concerns here are situated in Asia (I think). There's one guy from Europe though.

Did you encounter the same problem and solved it by using VPN's? And what VPN can you suggest?

Many thanks in advance.

i am from the EU and i have the same problem, tho i have had this problem for 3 days and i have friends that i tworks for. 😕

• 5 weeks later...

💥 solved the problem 💥

Hi guys, I have the same problem and for many hours search what can I do and try everything, finally found it 😎 its work for me, you just need to use VPN with American server like hotspot shield ( you can download it for free and have a free American server ) I hope to work for you too and have a good game 🤗

Edited by _.DOT._

is using VPN allowed by DE, because somebody tell dont play the game using VPN, using VPN will get your account banned.

but if using VPN solved this update problem and not get account banned maybe it's good to try.

but if using VPN and get account banned it's too risky, specially for long time player.

maybe we should hear's DE answers for this question and solve for this update problem