The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Zenistar Magnetized = AFKy?

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Yeah. There are youtubers that showing ways you can do dmg and not do anything. Especially in survivals.  Also how you can spam notes in her 3rd to gain buffs incredibly easy. (Even thou I know that wasnt intended but players have to show ways to exploit). Nothing havent been said yet by DE but I know its coming. I think DE is just waiting. 

It's hardly difficult to work out how to do damage whilst not doing anything with Octavia, DE shouldn't need Youtubers to show them.

Quite frankly they shouldn't need the community at all for this, it's blatantly obvious from the ability description alone that it'll happily kill everything without you doing anything more than refreshing it and Amp. Any amount of in house testing would have shown this, so either they didn't care or they didn't test it. Either way I'm unimpressed.

As for the Zenistar, I don't even own it yet. Had over 2000 hours in the game when the new log in system was added in, that alone is 80 days of in mission time if I never took a break but oh no, gotta start from 0.

Edited by DeMonkey

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

It's hardly difficult to work out how to do damage whilst not doing anything with Octavia, DE shouldn't need Youtubers to show them.

Quite frankly they shouldn't need the community at all for this, it's blatantly obvious from the ability description alone that it'll happily kill everything without you doing anything more than refreshing it and Amp. Any amount of in house testing would have shown this, so either they didn't care or they didn't test it. Either way I'm unimpressed.

As for the Zenistar, I don't even own it yet. Had over 2000 hours in the game when the new log in system was added in, that alone is 80 days of in mission time if I never took a break but oh no, gotta start from 0.

Truthfully. I dont think DE test anything before they throw out any weapons or frames. They let the community do it for them. I dont know why the community have to show ways to exploit but they do and its beneficial to DE. Like on the Octivia videos and Limbo Nuke videos going around showing you can do this with these mods and below in the comments.

There is always a comment that says something on the lines of "Nerf incoming". Because they know atleast one of the DE staff is watching. My favorite youtuber. -N00blShowtek- recently uploaded a video discussing Octivia and how you can cheese you way through missions especially in survival with no harm or little effort. Why he felt the need to video it? Who knows but that just makes her nerf coming slightly faster. 

Dont know what her changes could be. Even if DE decided that her mallet draws a little less agro than now would be a huge nerf. Maybe DE doesnt have plans to change her since she is a little squishy but all im saying is. I wont be suprised if a changed occured.

As for the Zenistar. Its truly one of a kind. Both fun and super useful. I still pick up the weapon from time to time. Alt fire does incredibly well late game. I cant see DE making a better weapon thats more useful than the Zenistar.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Truthfully. I dont think DE test anything before they throw out any weapons or frames. They let the community do it for them. I dont know why the community have to show ways to exploit but they do and its beneficial to DE. Like on the Octivia videos and Limbo Nuke videos going around showing you can do this with these mods and below in the comments.

There is always a comment that says something on the lines of "Nerf incoming". Because they know atleast one of the DE staff is watching. My favorite youtuber. -N00blShowtek- recently uploaded a video discussing Octivia and how you can cheese you way through missions especially in survival with no harm or little effort. Why he felt the need to video it? Who knows but that just makes her nerf coming slightly faster. 

Dont know what her changes could be. Even if DE decided that her mallet draws a little less agro than now would be a huge nerf. Maybe DE doesnt have plans to change her since she is a little squishy but all im saying is. I wont be suprised if a changed occured.

As for the Zenistar. Its truly one of a kind. Both fun and super useful. I still pick up the weapon from time to time. Alt fire does incredibly well late game. I cant see DE making a better weapon thats more useful than the Zenistar.

For your testing comment, it wouldn't surprise me. Still though, whilst simply designing the ability did no one think ''hang on a second''. You mentioned Cataclysm, whilst they were reworking the ability and decided to add that '10% of total health per enemy dealt as damage' addition to it, did no one say ''what happens if there's 10 enemies in the bubble''? Maybe it's just me, but I see it as really unprofessional.

Been debating getting into a log in/log off routine for the days I'm not going to play, always felt a little iffy about it though. Like, if I'm not happy with or able to play the game, why am I getting rewarded? But whatever, I wanna see a giant sword spitting flame discs.

24 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

For your testing comment, it wouldn't surprise me. Still though, whilst simply designing the ability did no one think ''hang on a second''. You mentioned Cataclysm, whilst they were reworking the ability and decided to add that '10% of total health per enemy dealt as damage' addition to it, did no one say ''what happens if there's 10 enemies in the bubble''? Maybe it's just me, but I see it as really unprofessional.

Yeah I myself have always been curious or not do DE test warframe abilities in there own Simulacrum before sending the Warframe off for everyone to play. If there are any changes to either Octivia or Limbo. Then we know that they do not test them looking for ways to cheese or nuke. 

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Yeah I myself have always been curious or not do DE test warframe abilities in there own Simulacrum before sending the Warframe off for everyone to play. If there are any changes to either Octivia or Limbo. Then we know that they do not test them looking for ways to cheese or nuke. 

I wonder, if they aren't testing at all in house... Then does that make us the Alpha testers?

Maybe the people saying the game isn't a Beta are actually right? :O

On 4/11/2017 at 7:16 AM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Now grab the Mitter or Lanka shoot inside the mag bubble and enjoy the carnage and all those beautiful numbers!

I think my Mag is bugged, because the Miter does not work for me when I cast Magnetize.  It will bounce around maybe once or twice and that's it.  My Magnetize bubbles also get instantly dispelled by bosses instead of having diminishing returns.

22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

I think my Mag is bugged, because the Miter does not work for me when I cast Magnetize.  It will bounce around maybe once or twice and that's it.  My Magnetize bubbles also get instantly dispelled by bosses instead of having diminishing returns.

U need to maximize duration, and some bosses are immune to powers.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

U need to maximize duration, and some bosses are immune to powers.

You can't simultaneously maximize duration and range.  Just sayin'.

Still, I've watched videos of others using magnetize on targets, copied their builds (or even had more duration) and still seen less results.  It's really turned me off from using Mag as much as I used to use her before rework.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Still, I've watched videos of others using magnetize on targets, copied their builds (or even had more duration) and still seen less results.  It's really turned me off from using Mag as much as I used to use her before rework.

Mostly u need duration and stretch works fine with it. And I find you have to be level with the mag bubble with your mitter to slice and dice. Works vary well for me. 

34 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Post a video or add me on xbone. And we can look at it.

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Are u shooting your mitter into the mag bubble at and angle or?

I'm not sure why that should matter.

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Post a video or add me on xbone. And we can look at it.

Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.  I won't be able to test anything today.