Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Conclave Spectator and Customize mode.

heisthex

I would like to be spectator watching conclave matches instead of participate ( I'm sux). Many PvP games nowadays have spectators mode allowing watching players engaging in and out of matches with a browser showing active game going on.

Warframe also should have customize match type allowing various type of gameplay to choose from (Primary only, Bow only, No mods, no ranking, specific weapon only, etc....)

• Like 1

Live spectator mode would only increase latency with that match as it is another person that has to connect. If enough people connected to watch it could have a significant impact, and even be abusable. I'd say that any spectator mode should be of a recording of the match that is delayed by at least 5 minutes. That would eliminate those types of problems. All it needs however is for DE to find an efficient way to make the recording to have quality but low buffer, which is its own monster to handle.

I already posted a write-up on spectator mode last month detailing the pros and cons of the popular in-game feature. Hopefully we can combine topics in the future.

If I understand correctly, you also mention the possibility of a variation involving many players connecting to an ongoing match to spectate from outside the match itself. While I believe I have seen this sort of thing in Dota 2, I don't agree with this system and cannot see any benefit of it over the traditional spectator mode function coupled with external broadcasting via Twitch.tv or something similar. Also, spectators act as clients in the relationship, placing a bit more CPU load on the server. This does not directly increase latency and assuming we have a limited amount of connected clients for a server (we do), and assuming we have decent dedicated server hosts (we most definitely do), the feature should have no issue whatsoever.

For your other topic, customized modes, I think this would be only truly utilized after a server browser is implemented. Conclave just doesn't have the numbers to dish out players to many specialized servers hosting specific game types. I think it is solid thought to put this idea in the backseat for now until players can identify what they would like to connect to via a server browser.

3 hours ago, heisthex said:

Warframe also should have customize match type allowing various type of gameplay to choose from (Primary only, Bow only, No mods, no ranking, specific weapon only, etc....)

On 12/24/2016 at 3:26 AM, SevenLetterKWord said:

Players should be encouraged to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in the full implementation of Conclave, not whatever arbitrary combination of settings happens to deemphasize their weaknesses and inflate their strengths.

Giving such options to servers would produce a mess of matches with inconsistent rules.
Many of the skills that a player learns for one may instantly be invalidated by a checkbox in another.