Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming THURSDAY: Devstream #90!

[DE]Rebecca

A few minor suggestions here. Read them as constructive suggestions.

As someone who dabbled in warframe a long time ago, two or so years to be exact. I have come back and now that I have started playing in earnest. I have noticed some things, this is coming from an old (new) player who never really got far into the game the first time, but found a group of friends to play with in recent weeks.

Provide a fix to warframes stepping over/onto enemies rather than into them. Specifically small enemies like crawlers and so forth. I and many others when trying to kill one with melee for example, have a hard time hitting the little gremlins even when looking straight at them. As well as if we are moving, we too often have the trouble of using them as stepping stools over an actual enemy we collide with. I can see where this may have been an intended feature, but it's just flatly annoying. A proposed fix, make the hitbox a little bit taller so that we collide with them rather than run over them. It will also help with the problem with melee, as it looks rather silly to see a rhino flailing about with a scindo because the crawler at his feet isn't strike-able without a ground pound.

Put a hotkey reminder on the hacking screen that "Y" is the hotkey for automatically using a cipher. This is more quality of life than anything else, but it seems nice. I know a few players who have problems with their vision so the puzzles may be a bit fuzzy. This is largely to help them as well. A simple "Press Y to use Cipher" would be all that was really required.

A voluntary difficulty increase. To explain, it's commonly known that with a squad of four war frames in the mission there will be more enemies than a squad of two. Give the players an option for enemy spawn scaling to go from their minimum scaling option (themselves) to a full squad or a scaling increment. Of course they shouldn't be allowed to go down in difficulty than their party size. (A party size of three can't go down to the level that a single warframe would warrant) 

Daily Challenges (similar to the conclave) - Perhaps a system than every twenty four hours or so. We get a new mission that we can potentially get rarer materials in. Kill a 1000 enemies or do 15 spy missions, something to that tune. The rewards for such could be forma or reactors, argon crystals and so on. Or just large amounts of more basic materials, like 10,000 nano spores.

Feral Kavat Skin - Just because it looks cool. I wouldn't particularly mind using plat to buy it either if it's reasonable.

A slight increase to the Vauban alert drop rates - Right now, it's straight RNG. There are three warframes in the game currently that are just obnoxious to get a hold of. Ivara, Mesa, and Vauban. With Ivara, you can slightly tempt the scales by doing perfect runs and not setting off any alarms during the spy missions. (supposedly) With Vauban it's at the mercy of the the dice in this case. And in a month of playing over 7 or so hours a day. I have only two parts.

Make the Ivara blueprint purchasable from the market. - Self explanatory. I played over 106 spy  missions over a four day period to get Ivara. 60%+ of that time was the blueprint. (On average it took 17.6 hours for me to get the parts. This being at 10 minutes per mission where I was solo. And around half that with friends.) This won't alleviate all the grind, but it will at least provide the consistency to match other frames like Vauban. 

Mesa drop process - I read up on this one and just flat out gave up on getting mesa. 

1. Wait for an invasion to give the Mutalist Alad V coordinates (This relies heavily on RNG. It isn't as bad as it could be with other facets of the game, just a bit arduous.)
  2. Do it three times (if able) 
  3. Wait for the invasion to end, which could mean up to around 8-ish hours just to get the coordinates. (Generally from my experience)
  4. Build the Key (+1 hours to total time) 
  5. Do the mission required.
  6. Hope.
  7. If you got the part, good for you, repeat steps 1-6 again for the other parts.
  8. If you did not get the part. repeat steps 1-6 again.
  9. If you got the same part twice. repeat steps 1-6 again, again.

I think everyone can see where I am going with this.

Limbo ult needs to be affected by power strength - There is currently what I could call a minor exploit in the game that basically allows a savy limbo player to nuke incredible portions of a map (Defense maps for example) by using overextended cursed mod. Since the his power four isn't affected by the power strength stat, he takes no penalty for this. Meaning he has some crazy range with little to no negative to his build. I would love to have a screenshot of this, but seeing a limbo player with 463 kills in a defense mission just by using one of his abilities is a tad silly. ( will reply later with a screen if me and a friend can replicate the results.)

EDIT: Here is the screen shot previously mentioned. My friend Hiixlyss playing the part of Limbo in this.f3e45ad6a71e481092b4d92391d9f3b6.png

Not saying this is inherently bad, just a bit silly.

Edited by Stiria21

My curiosity is piqued, what is the 33rd? As a secondary question, I wondered if there were any plans to create syndicate themed cosmetic armor as Teshin has been kind enough to offer as of Lunaro; and if so, were there any plans to have arcane enhancements be available for cosmetic armor as it is for helmets and syandana?

Will Umbra remain exclusive to China?

Will there be better animation on ash bladestorm? (less buggy)

Will the golden maw be the only 'thing' our operators can control over, or could they perhaps take over huge turrets or even those ravenous bursa?

With the epilogue of the recent quest(Octavia) , i'm guessing we'll be seeing more diversity in how to achive a task without always shooting? btw that quest was pretty sick.

Right now, most "old" warframes got deluxe skins... except for volt. Can we have one please? :D

Do you think you would reconsider some warframe passive skills? Or everything is perfectly fine as it is?

And also: how about passives for our arsenal? For beam weapons, Burst rifles and of course some melees like dual daggers. Perhaps with passive abilities per weapon category we can make some options in our arsenal to shine a bit more and develop more diverse playstyles.

Lastly, i would like to know if you have plans on reworking banshee. Right now she's the less revisited i think.  She needs something (perhaps more CC) to compensate her low armor and hp.
   I think we can swap some functionality between Silence and her passive: Make her passive an aura, so all the team can benefit from the silence buff and change her third into something that helps her survive and support the squad

That's all i can think right now. Greetings from Argentina! :D

Edited by Arandabido

We know you always avoided cover system because Warframe must be fast, but when we switch to operator mode, the game moves to another totally different pace.

Will you consider a cover system for Operator mode?

That would help with the low health and energy pool and keeping the concept that the Operator has a frail body.

Speaking of pace, have you thought about adding an exoskeloton that deploys in some kind of missions (like defense) upon reaching some criteria like amount of kills.

Something like the Juggernaut mode in CoD but more Japanese Mecha style.

A new feature that could eventually change the pace of gameplay for a limited time with new powers, new gamestyles.

In a Defense it could break the pace of those very long runs.

Like having 1-2 minutes of superior firepower every like x hundreds enemies killed would be cool.

Any chances to give Syndicates, a "Champion" that stalks players when they reach max negativity with a Syndicate?

Someone like Stalker, Zanuka, G3 which is more interesting to fight than Eximus Rollers?

And drop obvious rare loot, so that Syndicates vengeance can be something to look for and not just an annoying thickle.

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

Mirage is still bugged! Please discuss my Fix/Augment concept thanks!

I've provided a video for v20.1.1 demonstrating that the ability isn't working as intended, I'll link my topic for the bug report and the concept below.

Concept (Video examples in the topic)

Bug Report (Video examples in the topic)

Would really appreciate developer feedback for this while she's being looked over right now @[DE]Steve, @[DE]Megan, @[DE]Rebecca

Thanks! <3

Also wanted to ask, will we get enemy combinations? like a corpus tech attributes mixed in with a sentient?

When the arm cannon concept was shown, it included a large sentient with red and black colors similar to the kuva type grineers, whether this said enemy was actually changed to be a kuva, idk, but yeah what are your thoughts on making new enemy types that're meshed together?

And any news on that arm cannon?

Just now, Daniely3016 said:

what actually is a devstream?

also, do we just watch to enter prize draw or donate

its like a behind the scenes with the developers of the game. We get to see sneakpeaks, and especially get answers to several questions revolving around the lore, mechanics, design and future of the game.

By watching the devstream on twitch, you're entered and stand a chance to win 1000 plat, so yeah get your twitch account today.

Bummer, I can't go online for it.

Are you working to improve trade or is it still in the back burner? Shameless plug here, but here is my suggestion thread for it:

You've since introduced the AKLex Prime at Baro's. Any plans to introduce Prime Warframes through that avenue, or any other Prime weapons for that matter?

When the new dropship units drop, will we see them as Archwing enemies as well, and will the Infested get their own version?

A while back we learned that something called Lorists exist, will we be able to get more info on them? And maybe get them into the game proper for Space Wizard vs Space Ninja (and maybe Space Samurai on the side) fights?

Would love to see changes to dojo: 

• new Clan management system
  • Info fields for Clan description or clan rules, as and addition to the current "motd"
  • an Dojo Message Board where invidual members can put up messages/notes to other members
  • more flexible Roles system
  • have and Trial time for new members before they can acsses the Labs to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave.
  • Return the Orokin tiles to the dojo so we can choose betwen them and the  Tenno or even mix betwen them
  • Add Forge to Dojo
  • Add Arsenal to Dojo
  • Add Mission Launch (Navigation) from Dojo

That way the dojo would become more alive then the members just going there to Trade and get their lab bp's

Edited by DimitrivG

I have been wondering as well (since it is very similar to a concept I made) Can we get any updates on this shotgun? It looks to be very powerful.

Do you guys have any plans for sniper rifles to become more powerful? Sniper rifles cant keep up with the other weapons, unless it has high amounts of crit chance and damage.

MS_WarframeTenno_Shotgun_04B.jpg

With the new cinematic trailers for Primes releasing, will there be some for older primes? If there is, what will you do regarding Excal Prime?

Any new deluxe skins?

With the recent weapon buffs/nerfs, will we be getting anymore in just regular hotfixes, or will they be saved for bigger updates like the .5s or the actual updates (Ie: U21, U22, etc.)

any new weapons currently being worked on?

With Octavia's mandachord having access to different instruments, will there be any new ones added in the future?

Can I have an Orange Steve glyph? For those who don't remember orange steve:

has anything surfaced as to possibly, visually, upgrading older primes (excal, frost, mag) with a tad bit more gold or anything to bring them more in line? Currently if you try using a tennogen skin on excal, there is no "toggle prime accent" option, but frost has equally less bling as excal and has that toggle. We need more bling!

Edited by LordOfScrugging