Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming THURSDAY: Devstream #90!

[DE]Rebecca

Welcome back.

Here's 13 questions, one for each passed day of April!

Q1: In regards to enhancing clans and dojos this year, will we also see visual improvements to existing content, like a pass on the relatively limited tile areas you can recolor, a relighting that takes into account custom light colors and brightness, placeable light sources to differentiate the "mood", signs with custom messages in Tennobet to give players a way of indicating what part of the dojo they're in? Maybe a range of placable, custom colored textures as well.

Q2: I've always wondered what the basic idea for the Observation room was, apart from allowing players to gaze out into space, I mean. The solar system setup reminds me a lot about the navigation room in the relays. Are there plans to give the Observation room a function similar to our Orbiter's and the relay's navigation areas?

Q3: With the addition of sitting emotes, I think it's safe to remove any instances of dedicated kneeling spots from the dojo and relay, don't you think?

Q4: I really adore my Operator, but whenever she's out and about for a prolonged time I get disappointed by how lifeless they actually are. Yes, they blink very slowly, and in mission have an idle that shows them looking around, but compared to our warframe their body language and particularly facial expressions make them seem like they're mostly devoid of emotion(Something we've seen they're not in TWW). Will we see buyable attitudes(facial expressions/idle sets) at some point?

Q5: You've talked about revamping Focus at some point this year already, and since you probably already know that passives are disproportionally more popular compared to active perks, have you thought about turning every active ability into a passive with charges and gameplay action specific triggers to give players more control over it?

Q6: Will the Focus revamp affect Operator gameplay? It'd be fun to see Operators inherit similar bonuses than their frames once they've gone into Focus.

Q7: You might want to consider touching up the Latron Prime's model a bit, specifically its barrel. It looks distinctly outdated and low poly compared to the rest of the arsenal.

Q8: How about changing the "threat" on planetary tilesets from running out of oxygen to being targeted by an enemy orbital bombardment strike, which players have to delay by activating jamming beacons the Lotus sends in? It'd only require the team to program the bombardment strike effects, altered Lotus flavour text and UI text to fit the situation, which would make a hell of a lot more sense than suffocating in open air.

Q9: With the Riven system being here to stay, did you consider making the quality of the rolls reflect how much Kuva one has spent on them, rewarding with an ever improving(even if its ever so slightly) chance of getting a good result? It's not a perfect solution, but right now the system is essentially just a slow machine with any kind of progression towards a player's goal being entirely based on luck.

Q10: Anything you can share in regards to the Eris planetary tileset? Yes, Steve, I haven't forgotten about your little slip up in your first stream.

Q11: How's the Orokin hacking puzzle coming? Will we ever have an explanation of why the Corpus hacking puzzles have always shown an "Intrusion detected" message regardless of how fast or efficient you are in hacking? Is this a feature that hasn't been worked on since?

Q12: Ever thought about opening the Derelicts up to public play? A way to do that could be by changing the key mechanic to an "timed access" pass, increasing the crafting cost but on the flipside allowing players who use a derelict key to access those missions for a limited amount of time.

Q13: The way you chose to handle draining player resource bloat has been rather unfortunate in the past, as seemingly random weapons requiring 100 times as many resources than every other weapon around them. To address this issue more fairly and efficiently in the future, I'd like to point out a thread I've made very recently about turning every item players can get more than one of into a crafting resource, introducing blueprints for consumables in the game that don't just require 4 specific resources but 4 of a certain category of resources. That way you encourage players to drain what they have most of on an individual bases without punishing certain groups that haven't amassed stockpiles of very specific resource.

16 hours ago, (PS4)LiLKnightly1 said:

Question: Are you going to make a way to remove the attributes of the original Arcane helmets and apply them to other helmets, Syandanas, or other cosmetics? It would be great to finally use my full deluxe skins, or the newer helmets with the added bonuses of the Original arcane helmets. I wouldn't mind any of the negative effects at all if I could always use the helmet I visually prefer. Also when is the next migration option for PC to Console?

They might as well nerf some of the OP ones, turn them into enhancements and make them once again acquirable through a derelict style trial, since their trade off nature seems to suggest that they're corrupted.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Will we see more difference between the differnt types of Crewmen ? and also in the Moa typs ? 

Will there be new models for the different kinds of infested Units? 
because i always wondered why there are so many Chargers on Corpus-planets and Leapers on Grineer-Planets.

Will the Phiorid fight be changed so that we fight him on the actual environment of the planet and not always on the grineer asteroid tileset ?

Will the Lanx (Uranus shark) get his own AI?

Will the Corpus get Underzee/Sharkwing Units? and will there be more different kinds of Corpus Units?
because Grineer have the normal variants, Frontier, Kuva , Arid and Drekar.
and if the design is not changed like that maybe differentiate different corpus factions like Anoy Corp and Salad Vs Crewmen and Moas.

Will we see more bossfight reworks? Who is next after the Sargeant? and will there be more massive bosses like Vay Hek?
so that we maybe see more bosses without invulnerability periods.

Will there be Corpus Units which close the gap between Crewmen and Scrambus Units?

Will Phobos (because Phobos only uses the Corpus-ship tile set ) get a rework alongside of some other Corpus areas to give them more differnce?
Currently there are two ice tile sets Corpus ships and the Gas-citys.

Will the Acolytes return forever some time in the future?

And last but not least: Will the Black Seed have a comback and will other Corpus-factions like the Sedna-rebels rise alongside them?

1. With the Glast Gambit quest, we've been given another "morality choice" at the end. However, the choice we picked, and the result we got (both from the alignment change and the e-mail we received) don't match due to a bug. No proper retroactive fix has been implemented as of yet, and so while I picked to "Let Neewa choose", I got an e-mail suggesting I "Sent Neewa home" instead.

Since you guys made the effort of introducing this system within quests, and bringing players to be involved in the story/lore/characters this way, it would be wise, in my opinion, to make sure that such bugs are retroactively fixed so those who are involved are properly rewarded. At this point, I've given up on receiving a proper fix for the email with this topic, but could you guys give more attention to a proper retroactive fix if that were to happen again? (we're all humans, so such bugs can repeat in the future).

2. A lot of animation and art bugs seem to be overlooked for a while. The topics keep on expanding in the forums for these types of bugs, yet we still see long-running bugs that are here, including ones related to plat-related cosmetics. Also, Mios and Lacera also lost their unique idle animation for almost a year now, never fixed. You guys did great effort with upgrading your art (sound designs, visuals on Ceres, etc), but can these long-running bugs get a look at? I can list them if need be, but I'll need to re-verify in-game to see which have been fixed, and which haven't.

4 hours ago, rafiki4000 said:

In regards to excalibur prime why give the founders anything for making it go public? Just make a program that counts your expenses on plat (real time money) and when you reach the level of the founders added with lets say 730 days of in game logging in so you prove your dedication you get the plans for the excalibur prime. You still dont have to spend money on the game it is just so that if the founders had to spend to get it so do you and dedication so no buying on the first day and decreasing the meaning of the frame. Both the ammount of money and time is up for change.

7 hours ago, Anochan said:

(Risky question, I know... But here goes:)

Steve recently said he hates exclusives and would like them rereleased. In regards of that, he said he was considering a poll. 

How about keeping a (Founders only, I assume) poll about for example giving the Founders some cosmetics/skins in trade for the rerelease of the Founders gear?
And how about a poll about the beta exclusives as well, to possibly get rid of all exclusives weapons and the exclusive Frame in the game, without neglecting what the Founders did for us and Warframe? :)

From my understanding, if they re-release excal p - it would break contract. Meaning that they would open themselves up to lawsuits etc. If this is indeed the case, they would have to get explicit permission from everybody who has these exclusives to re-release them.

Also, this "contract" is not a physical, on paper contract. The contract was simply made by advertising the exclusivity while they were selling them. Saying "buy this, it won't be obtainable in the future" is a contract. Money exchanged hands under those pretenses.

Finally, keep in mind the "value" of a founders pack is MUCH higher than the original value. How much is an excal p worth exactly?

There are three exclusive, never to be released again items in the game. Excal p is one of them.

3 hours ago, (PS4)O1goodeninja said:

When will titania receive ability augments?

You should look at today's update ;)

Edited by RacerDelux

I know that a chroma rework is in the pipeline but please consider these ideas:

Passive: Dragon Rage.  Basically built in rage mod

His 1st ability to toggle between elements with a tap and breath attack for holding the button.  He can't switch elements while Elemental Ward and/or Effigy is active.

His 2nd ability not much to change but can it be made a toggle ability?

His 3rd ability.  Again not much change but when time expires his buff drains overtime like Equinoxs metamorphosis.  

His 4th ability.  Cant think of anything to change here. 

Also love his deluxe skin and weapon!  But since you decided to keep the Dominion size bug on Zenistar, can it be an optional size change for all weapons it applies to?  I know alot of people LOVE the giant sword and there are some that don't like it that way.  Making its size toggleable on all weapons it applies to would make everyone happy no?

29wtls4.jpg

"Behold the thirty third

He is coming"

Ok guys, I think DE just confirmed another warframe ! Not sure if they mentioned any recently, but that's most likely what it is about.

:D

Edited by 514415

So Umbra was confirmed to not be what they tweeted about earlier. What a damn disappointment DE, thanks for ruining this month again. See you guys on the other side, Im done with warframe.

Edited by Demoonic

Will there any update or incentive to the grenier rathum and corpus index. Most people did it just for the mods or the boss and left it as that. Will you add more rewards to both of them to get players to come back to the rathum and index?

Another question, when will we get to see any new kuni or updates to the kunai weapons, most players just go fort he sonicor or other wepons with higher damge then the classic kunai wepons. 

5 hours ago, rafiki4000 said:

Question one: for the sake of fashion frame and because I want it where are the archwing weapons prime? And a new primed archwing?

Question two: Vors key, how did it return Vor, where he found it, why does it have a name, where it leads and do the queens know about it though i feel they dont.

In regards to excalibur prime why give the founders anything for making it go public? Just make a program that counts your expenses on plat (real time money) and when you reach the level of the founders added with lets say 730 days of in game logging in so you prove your dedication you get the plans for the excalibur prime. You still dont have to spend money on the game it is just so that if the founders had to spend to get it so do you and dedication so no buying on the first day and decreasing the meaning of the frame. Both the ammount of money and time is up for change.

there will never be excaliber prime man. Excaliber prime was a one time offer to help de when they started. Would love to see more excaliber prime polish to make him look great and all. But like de said, no excaliber prime ever. Sorry for bursting yoru buble. Also vor revial has a lot of questions to new and old vets and invloeing his janus key.

Hi everyone, I'm still kinda new at the game but my biggest question as always been is ever going to be a new way to combine the mods in the game to create some of the other elements that the warframes have let's say for Inaros is their any way to have sand shotgun I know it sounds weird but it's an interest of mine to match my frames and weapons to their focus abilities and the way they're used. There are many other frames that I see you that I would like to do this with and purchase find parts for and create guns for them like that with their natural elements that they use

Hi devs.  While I am grateful about the reduction in kuva costs for cycling Riven mods, I am frustrated with the number of cycles I see on my Tigris, Akstiletto, and Marelok rivens that have flat-out bad stats.  Would you consider a minor increase in the strength of Riven mods that have a disposition of 1/5, or maybe removing faction-specific damage from the possible results?

7 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

How long for Umbra next cinematic quest? :)

Totally agree! We need more bling on our Excaliburs. (Seriously, there's no point on upgrading founder gear other than rubbing some salt in the only community scar that will never heal)

I was talking about all the old primes, yet you just so happen to nit pick that excal is included.

7 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I've seen Founders talking about how imaginary that contract is yet some people still claiming it exists with no proof. The only thing keeping that gear exclusive is DE's promise to founders which is totally understandable.

I don't recall specifically what happened way back then, it wasn't a contract per say, but i think there was something apart from DE's word. it was just so long ago that it's hard to remember

could we get more themed decorations for our orbiter, we already have the Christmas decoration (snow in the front) could we have something like, we could but patches of snow pumpkins or eggs to scatter around our orbiter?

Edited by GLITCH3D_

Can you fis ash`s bs? because the way it is now you know its broken.

Things wrong with Ash`s bladestorm

·         He can`t use bs in a team because other players kill the marked target e.g ember, mirage with simulor etc.

·         He can`t kill in an AOE anymore.

·         The animation is shown for every enemy marked which means bs is way longer than before.

·         Activating bs is slow because of the two stages.

·         When using bs without a melee weapon is even slower to use before the change.

·         It`s harder to activate bs on a controller than on PC.

The corrected way to rework bs is to keep the old bs but with small changes;

·         Enemies that are marked can be killed by players

·         Make bs be able to kill 20 enemies like before

·         If players don’t want to watch animation press 4 again to come out of it and the clones will continue killing while Ash kills other thing (and help fallen alies) but you can`t use bs again until all marked enemies are dead. So the animation is still there but you have a choice whether you want to watch the animation or not.

·         Make bs set with a appropriate speed then make melee mods with fury speed up bs.

From what I have seen and heard the way Ash`s bladestorm is, some players are not using him and let’s call it what it is, if bs was gone ash will be useless vs multiple enemies like nova, loki, ember without their 4th ability. So please go back to the planning board and do these changes.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
I added a really good point