Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Age of Exploration IC/Closed

(PSN)SuperShadic445

On 4/19/2017 at 1:01 AM, Arunafeltz said:

But the pleasantries would have to wait for later. At Odin's announcement, Forsythe excused himself for a moment to send a quick instruction to his nearest manservant to make arrangements for his... vehicle to be moved into a private garage in Haven. But for the time being, he would have to hitch a ride. Opening the door of Diesel's car, he invited Penn back into the vehicle before approaching Odin's mechanic himself.

"Do excuse me for having to ride with you, my good man. Regretfully I have arrived here on foot with no car of my own." he said to him by way of request.

"A man of your wealth a power not being driven here by some sort of butler or something? That's a first." The mechanic chuckled. "Anyway, I'd like to give you a ride, but it's a two-seater." He continued, pointing behind him to an empty space. "Odin's truck, however, has got extra room, even though it's a two door." 

On 4/19/2017 at 3:02 AM, Drakeardian said:

"We off?!" exclaimed Nicky before he rushed towards his Hoverbike, leaping onto it, grabbing his motorcycle helmet with rabbit ears and putting it on his head before turning the ignition key to on for his Hoverbike.

The Engine whirred and it began to lift a few inches off the ground, enough to make some sand go outward from it and Nicky said as he tried to hack any of the cars communications with his PDA "Alright! let's ride!"

At his attempt, Nicky would be greeted with a loud screeching sound. A couple of seconds later, Diesel's voice came through.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Our resident Technopath put in safeguards against hacking. I'd be more careful with hacking around the city." 

Once Penn was seated inside the car again, Diesel put the car into gear and merged with traffic, heading North. After a bit of driving in silence, Diesel spoke.

"You don't like cars much do you?" He asked the woman as they coasted along 

4 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"You don't like cars much do you?" He asked the woman as they coasted along.

"I am not too fond of vehicles in general. Too loud, and attract too much attention." Penn said. She was clutching the barrel of her rifle a bit too tight, for it to be simply held.

"Besides - I feel... trapped inside cars... It takes only one or two well-placed shots to turn almost any of them in a flaming pile of scrap." Her gaze followed the landscape outside, swiftly identifying and keeping an eye on possible sniper locations.

Apologizing again for the trouble, Forsythe clambered into an open seat on an available vehicle, tucking his legs in and drumming his fingers on the handle of his cane. A free hand tapped away at his mobile, sending a quick message to his concierge to make arrangements for his equipment to be delivered. On hindsight, a ride would have been a wise request as Mr Diesel had suggested, but it might be better to travel with his new comrades now, considering that they would be seeing a lot more of each other in time.

Acknowledgement was immediate, his service rifle was already in the vicinity and would be taken to him on-site. A message from his older brother followed after, asking for an update, which he gave.

Enlisting. Sources accurate, Trinity model confirmed.

A pause. Forsythe watched the 'typing' indicator flashing.

Noted. Observe field operation and capability and acquire specifications.

Observation was a given, he was here to learn after all. But he wasn't here to replicate any blueprints, not for the time being at least. Research aside, he knew that he couldn't allow any hostile forces to secure an ancient, superior technology that they could not understand and combat. Putting a new product on the arms market was not a personal priority for him, and he hoped that the rest of the board wasn't thinking of that when they agreed to grant him leave to enlist in the recovery effort.

Acknowledged.

Edited by Arunafeltz

On 21/04/2017 at 8:43 AM, Psychotoxin said:

"I am not too fond of vehicles in general. Too loud, and attract too much attention." Penn said. She was clutching the barrel of her rifle a bit too tight, for it to be simply held.

"Besides - I feel... trapped inside cars... It takes only one or two well-placed shots to turn almost any of them in a flaming pile of scrap." Her gaze followed the landscape outside, swiftly identifying and keeping an eye on possible sniper locations.

"Hey why not ride on my bike? I got enough room for a passanger!" called out Nicky as he reversed a bit up towards Diseal's car to chat with Penn, the hover-bike was still humming as they drove.

He also shouted to Diseal "Sorry about the hacking also!"

Edited by Drakeardian

On 4/21/2017 at 2:43 AM, Psychotoxin said:

"I can see why you're scared, but trust me, this thing is tough. The windows are thick enough to survive sniper shots and the body is armored enough to survive through the worst of it. Although....Odin's truck is a whole different story." He reassured the woman. 
The car turned left into a more upscale part of the city, complete with high-end houses and high rise buildings that glistened in the sun. Directly down the road from the car was a large white skyscraper that stood taller than all the other buildings in the area.  

On 4/19/2017 at 2:46 PM, ShrimpOverlord said:

The doctor climbed inside Odin's car, quickly clicking his seatbelt and clutching the car's roof handle as tight as he could.

On 4/21/2017 at 1:06 PM, Arunafeltz said:

Apologizing again for the trouble, Forsythe clambered into an open seat on an available vehicle, tucking his legs in and drumming his fingers on the handle of his cane. A free hand tapped away at his mobile, sending a quick message to his concierge to make arrangements for his equipment to be delivered. On hindsight, a ride would have been a wise request as Mr Diesel had suggested, but it might be better to travel with his new comrades now, considering that they would be seeing a lot more of each other in time.

Acknowledgement was immediate, his service rifle was already in the vicinity and would be taken to him on-site. A message from his older brother followed after, asking for an update, which he gave.

Enlisting. Sources accurate, Trinity model confirmed.

A pause. Forsythe watched the 'typing' indicator flashing.

Noted. Observe field operation and capability and acquire specifications.

Observation was a given, he was here to learn after all. But he wasn't here to replicate any blueprints, not for the time being at least. Research aside, he knew that he couldn't allow any hostile forces to secure an ancient, superior technology that they could not understand and combat. Putting a new product on the arms market was not a personal priority for him, and he hoped that the rest of the board wasn't thinking of that when they agreed to grant him leave to enlist in the recovery effort.

Acknowledged.

Odin's truck cruised along the street with a surprisingly smooth ride despite the chunky tires. 
"So what's West Haven like?" Odin asked as they rounded a corner. "I haven't been out there in a while with all of our expiditions going on." 

17 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

Odin's truck cruised along the street with a surprisingly smooth ride despite the chunky tires. 
"So what's West Haven like?" Odin asked as they rounded a corner. "I haven't been out there in a while with all of our expiditions going on." 

"A lot more stable, now that the governors are no longer pushing for separation." Forsythe updated Odin as he tucked his mobile away in his coat pocket. "The local militias are now mainly occupied with keeping the wildlife out. A lot better than hunting down dissident groups in the desert I'd say."

Edited by Arunafeltz
typo

• 3 weeks later...

The convoy arrived at a massive Eggshell white structure. The building was massive in not only height but width as well. The group drove onto a massive industrial sized lift and were brought to a massive parking garage. In the corner, Diesel's car could be spotted. After everyone was parked, Odin led the group of people into an elevator that took them even further up into the massive building. On floor 35, the elevator stopped and everyone poured out into the hallway. The floors were pure white as well. The right side of the hallway was not a wall, but instead, a single massive window that looked out towards the city, where a massive view of the city and surrounding area could be seen.  Odin led the group down the hall which had people occasionally scuttling about working on various things.

"As you can tell, this is one of the most advanced buildings in all of Haven. We have a team comprised of more than 100,000 people working on this building day in, day out to make the place better." Odin said as the group turned down a corridor. At the end of the hall, Diesel could be spotted talking to a woman with Penn nearby in front of a water fountain. 

"This a new recruit?" Odin asked pointing a thumb at the new face. Diesel nodded.

"She said her name was Millie and was talking to me about fixing her up with a new ride since her old one went....bang." He smirked. Diesel made an explosion gesture to the 'bang' to add emphasis.

Odin smirked and stuck out a hand for Millie. "The name's Odin. The leader of the Recovery Team. If you want to join up with us, you'll want to come with us."  

Odin then led the group down the hallway to the left of the water fountain. On the way, they passed by numerous testing rooms and a firing range. Eventually, the group stopped at a room with the lights turned off. The group entered and with the snap of his fingers, Odin caused the lights to come on. In the center of the room was a massive conference table with a smaller table that had numerous stacks of what looked like legal documents on them. 

"So you all want to join the Recovery Team? Fair enough. You guys aren't a part of it yet. You still have to pass a simple fitness test, accuracy test, and written test to join." Odin said passing out papers to the group.  
"As annoying as it is, my lawyer told me that I have to pass out these documents stating the intent of the group and all that. If you're intent on joining you'll sign on the dotted line at the bottom." He continues, as he stops at the front of the room. 

"Any questions?" He asks the group from the front. 

"Ah...yeah, does this written test involve math?" as Nicky to Odin as he looked down at the firing range real quick before taking a read over the papers, pulling out his Phone to photograph everything on it just for the sake of evidence keeping.

He also asked "Anyone got a pen?"

Being nearest to a conveniently-placed stationery desk, Forsythe fetched a container of biro pens and handed them out to his comrades. He did have a rather fine fountain pen of his own, but it would be rather impertinent to disassociate himself with the rest by using it, however small a gesture that would be. Skimming the content quickly with his piercing blue eyes, he filled in the blanks with his particulars and jagged signature before penning the date at the bottom in uniform lettering. While waiting for his comrades to finish, he took a step back to examine the interior further.

The conference room, large and pristine as it was had a rather magnificent view of the sprawling cityscape outside, with highways and roads streaking through streets of high-rise buildings that gradually grew shorter further away from the central business and residential districts. Towards the outskirts, patches of garages, shophouses and loosely-connected housing sprang up from the desert, and Forsythe could just make out the gate where much of the group had first met just earlier.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:56 AM, Drakeardian said:

"Ah...yeah, does this written test involve math?" as Nicky to Odin as he looked down at the firing range real quick before taking a read over the papers, pulling out his Phone to photograph everything on it just for the sake of evidence keeping.

"Nothing too hard. Just the basics" Odin replied 

3 hours ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

"Nothing too hard. Just the basics," Odin replied.

"That depends entirely on your definition of 'the basics'," said Millie as she came in.  "But I'm confident that we'll do fine.  Is this a group test, or individual?  I could make an argument for either."

Short before arrival, Penn had withdrawn into herself, and resembled a shadow, as she silently followed Diesel. At the water cooler she exchanged pleasantries with the other woman, but nothing beyond that. Not feeling particularly interested in any conversations between Diesel and Millie, Penn lifted her mask slightly, exposing only her mouth, and absentmindedly sipped water from a frail plastic cup.

Then the rest arrived. The masked woman lowered her mask again, and listened to what Odin said. She silently took the paper, and quietly thanked Forsythe for the pen, quickly filling the form, and leaving an un-even scribble in the shape of her name, as a signature. If one would inspect her form, they'd notice that her handwriting was abysmal, more fitting a first-grader, than a grown woman.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:56 AM, Drakeardian said:

"I'm gonna be honest, I have no clue." Odin shrugs "Somebody else came up with the test. I've never reviewed it." 

"Speaking of the test, could you go grab it for us, Diesel?" The man asks his mechanic.

Diesel nods and calmly walks out the room, returning with a stack of papers