Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expand Ash's passive to other weapon types.

Nazrethim

Using a claw isn't really an assassin weapon, nor are dual swords.

I do know that in certain cultures daggers and swords are, but you wouldn't see a person with a sword as big as the Galatine Prime to assassinate someone. Or claws. Wolverine isn't really the assassin type. Claws are just... There.

I do agree that it should be spread to other weapons, just not claws.

Edited by (XB1)Ginger Bruhv

May I ask why this topic is in the conclave feedback? Ash's passive has no effect in the conclave.

Plus, I think it thematically makes sense for Ash (an assassin) to have a passive benefit to slash/bleeding procs. If you want to use other weapon types, you can always play other frames and TBH Ash works fine with any other weapon without slash.

18 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Ash's passive is Hemorrhage, Any Slash Procs inflicted by Ash (from both weapons and abilities) deal 25% more damage and last 50% longer. No where in here does it restrain you to a single weapon.

17 minutes ago, ASH_BLUE said:

May I ask why this topic is in the conclave feedback? Ash's passive has no effect in the conclave.

Plus, I think it thematically makes sense for Ash (an assassin) to have a passive benefit to slash/bleeding procs. If you want to use other weapon types, you can always play other frames and TBH Ash works fine with any other weapon without slash.

Ash's passive in conclave is bleed procs when using Nikanas.

34 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Where did you read that ?

Honestly I'm just curious because the wiki says nothing about this.

It could be just you proccing slash no ?

Conclave Changes:

Ash’s passive in Conclave changed to Bleed debuff from hits with weapons from the Nikana family.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Using a claw isn't really an assassin weapon, nor are dual swords.

You haven't played many MMOs, haven't you? Also, Ninja weaponry included short blades akin to daggers or short swords.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

I do know that in certain cultures daggers and swords are, but you wouldn't see a person with a sword as big as the Galatine Prime to assassinate someone. Or claws. Wolverine isn't really the assassin type. Claws are just... There.

I didn't mention Heavy Blades, dunno why you bring it up.

21 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

You haven't played many MMOs, haven't you? Also, Ninja weaponry included short blades akin to daggers or short swords.

I didn't mention Heavy Blades, dunno why you bring it up.

I have never seen a claw used as a assassins weapon in any of the MMO games I've played. Diablo is the only one i've seen (and the game is terrible).

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

I have never seen a claw used as a assassins weapon in any of the MMO games I've played. Diablo is the only one i've seen (and the game is terrible).

There's also WoW (Rogues Fist weapons, which for the major part are claws rather than knuckles), Cabal (resident assassin class Blader wields dual blades and changes to claws for it's super mode). Assassin-esque character Sora from hack sign wore Katars (which are close to claws). Lass from Grand Chase uses claws for his 3rd class (with dual daggers, scimitar and katana being his 1st, 2nd and 4th class weapons respectively). If Ash ever got a rework and his Blade Storm turned into a stance ultimate, his blades would certainly be animated as Claw-type weapon.

Also, Diablo 2 was an awesome game for it's time and it still is if you played other games from the same era. Comparing it to today¡s games would be like calling Super Mario Brothers a terrible game because of it's graphics.

34 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

There's also WoW (Rogues Fist weapons, which for the major part are claws rather than knuckles), Cabal (resident assassin class Blader wields dual blades and changes to claws for it's super mode). Assassin-esque character Sora from hack sign wore Katars (which are close to claws). Lass from Grand Chase uses claws for his 3rd class (with dual daggers, scimitar and katana being his 1st, 2nd and 4th class weapons respectively). If Ash ever got a rework and his Blade Storm turned into a stance ultimate, his blades would certainly be animated as Claw-type weapon.

Also, Diablo 2 was an awesome game for it's time and it still is if you played other games from the same era. Comparing it to today¡s games would be like calling Super Mario Brothers a terrible game because of it's graphics.

The difference between those is that Super Mario is a classic and is still sought after today.

Diablo is dead and long forgotten.

I also don't play WoW.

They wouldn't make Ash use a claw melee weapon, are you high? 

We have Valkyr for that. We don't need another Valkyr in the form of actually a ninja like Ash. We have Excalibur for swords, Valkyr for claws,and Wukong for staffs/polearms/whatever. They won't make another claw user.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

They wouldn't make Ash use a claw melee weapon, are you high? 

I still have hope that DE will do the right thing for him someday, and if they don't, something we don't know due to them NEVER adressing the topic, I will just remain here, an ever bitter specter reminding them of their failure and betrayal.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

We have Valkyr for that. We don't need another Valkyr in the form of actually a ninja like Ash. We have Excalibur for swords, Valkyr for claws,and Wukong for staffs/polearms/whatever. They won't make another claw user.

And they all consist of mindlessly mashing E without any tactical thinking. Ash could be different, he could be a true ninja, moving swiftly, but every move a calculated one. If DE wills it, he could be so much better in both fields.

Back on topic.

Another posibility, would be to make Ash apply a Slash proc when using weapons with Slash damage, and the damage being  the (or a % of) Slash damage the weapon has, favoring high slash weapons for better results as well as modding balanced weapons for extra Slash.

3 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

I still have hope that DE will do the right thing for him someday, and if they don't, something we don't know due to them NEVER adressing the topic, I will just remain here, an ever bitter specter reminding them of their failure and betrayal.

And they all consist of mindlessly mashing E without any tactical thinking. Ash could be different, he could be a true ninja, moving swiftly, but every move a calculated one. If DE wills it, he could be so much better in both fields.

Back on topic.

Another posibility, would be to make Ash apply a Slash proc when using weapons with Slash damage, and the damage being  the (or a % of) Slash damage the weapon has, favoring high slash weapons for better results as well as modding balanced weapons for extra Slash.

Ash already moves swiftly and has every move calculated... He teleports exactly to the enemy he's seen. That's calculated and swift. Ash doesn't need tactical thinking. Not really any frame needs tactical thinking.

The only thing I would imagine would be instead of teleporting, make him run at an insane rate with a weapon, but like a dagger or such. Claws won't work because we already have a frame for claws.

I agree with the slash idea.

Edited by (XB1)Ginger Bruhv

Just now, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Ash already moves swiftly and has every move calculated... He teleports exactly to the enemy he's seen. That's calculated and swift. Ash doesn't need tactical thinking. Not really any frame needs tactical thinking.

The only thing I would imagine would be instead of teleporting, make him run at an insane rate with a weapon, but like a dagger or such. Claws won't work because we already have a frame for claws.

He has his wristblades, which were the First weapons natural to a frame. He was here before Valkyr. He had his blades before Excalibur got his fancy lightingcarrot. He was the first.

His Teleport is bound to enemies, allies or objects, he can't teleport to where pleases, be an advantage point or an escape route.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

I have never heard of ninjas using a full length katana, so the current passive doesn't make sense either.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

39 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

I have never heard of ninjas using a full length katana, so the current passive doesn't make sense either.

Since Warframe operates more or less on Rule of Cool, let's leave TVTropes to sort it out:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StockNinjaWeaponry

Shinobigatana or Ninjato (we have none in WF, the closer we get is Nikana family or daggers, perhaps future short nikana like the one Teshin has?), Kunai (pointy gardening tool which may be used as a dagger or thrown), Shuriken (he already has those, plus Kunai Despair and Hikou qualify), Kama (we have those, they are labeled as Machete or Dual Blade), Kusarigama (the closer we have are Swordwhips), Nunchaku, Claws or Hidden blades (we have those in WF, and Ash is actually the only character with hidden blades), Makibishi (Caltrops, which we don't have in WF), smoke/flash bombs (we have a smokebomb that can be augmented to flash, though it's bugged and doesn't blind sh*t), Sai (which are labeled as Dual Daggers), Naginata (we have the Tombo, which is labeled as polearm), Senbon (needles, not available in WF),  Mankirigusari or Kusari Fundo (chains with weights on the ends, not currently in WF)

So yeah, we have plenty of tools to choose from. Bonus points to TVTropes for actually mentioning Warframe and specifically naming Ash and various weapons.

Edited by Nazrethim