Second Dream? Seriously!?

Darizuka

Are they serious?!
Second Dream's Ending was like...

OH MY GOD...
REALLY!?

....I mean REAAAAALLLY!?

Spoiler

....Who'd knew that Lotus has an actual Physical Form. I thought the image we see of her on missions are but like an AI simulated projection... since she was and is.. in all technicality a Sentient.. and Sentients all look quite... rigid... yet she has an actual Physical form that looks humanoid.

HOLY MOLY...

4 hours ago, Darizuka said:

Are they serious?!
Second Dream's Ending was like...

OH MY GOD...
REALLY!?

....I mean REAAAAALLLY!?

Hide contents

....Who'd knew that Lotus has an actual Physical Form. I thought the image we see of her on missions are but like an AI simulated projection... since she was and is.. in all technicality a Sentient.. and Sentients all look quite... rigid... yet she has an actual Physical form that looks humanoid.

HOLY MOLY...

Those rigid things are only Sentient Fragments. The only Sentient we saw is Hunhow. And his appearance is that of a giant spaceship. We don't know if he's a guy inside it (unlikely, since the pieces are called his dead body) or if he is indeed a giant spaceship (likely especially since the ship has a pseudo face). So the Sentients we fought are just his drones. Hunhow is probably an AI or something similar to Cephalons.

1 hour ago, JalakBali said:

Those rigid things are only Sentient Fragments. The only Sentient we saw is Hunhow. And his appearance is that of a giant spaceship. We don't know if he's a guy inside it (unlikely, since the pieces are called his dead body) or if he is indeed a giant spaceship (likely especially since the ship has a pseudo face). So the Sentients we fought are just his drones. Hunhow is probably an AI or something similar to Cephalons.

But he can take on human form, as can the Lotus. We see both in the Lotus's quest. There's so much we don't understand about Sentient biology/technology (since they're basically Von Neumann machines, but scarier) that it's hard to say that they're simply AIs or something similar. For the moment it remains a question.

21 hours ago, Angrados said:

But he can take on human form, as can the Lotus. We see both in the Lotus's quest. There's so much we don't understand about Sentient biology/technology (since they're basically Von Neumann machines, but scarier) that it's hard to say that they're simply AIs or something similar. For the moment it remains a question.

Which is what I meant. We don't know if the human form is a proxy or the actual body. Or they don't have any real body like Cephalons. My current theory is that they're the original colonists that merged with the adaptable tech to better live there (like Cephalons inhabiting super advanced machines), though Lotus was not one of them and was a later offspring.

12 hours ago, JalakBali said:

Which is what I meant. We don't know if the human form is a proxy or the actual body. Or they don't have any real body like Cephalons. My current theory is that they're the original colonists that merged with the adaptable tech to better live there (like Cephalons inhabiting super advanced machines), though Lotus was not one of them and was a later offspring.

Wait, we do know that they're mechanical in origin. In the Detron Crewman synthesis the Archimedean pitches the idea of the Sentients to the Executors as terraforming drones for the Tau system, so that much really isn't a question in terms of physical forms. The question is, however, where did the humanoid form of the Lotus come from, and do all Sentients have the capacity to use the, or is Natah the exception to the rule?

10 hours ago, Angrados said:

Wait, we do know that they're mechanical in origin. In the Detron Crewman synthesis the Archimedean pitches the idea of the Sentients to the Executors as terraforming drones for the Tau system, so that much really isn't a question in terms of physical forms. The question is, however, where did the humanoid form of the Lotus come from, and do all Sentients have the capacity to use the, or is Natah the exception to the rule?

We still don't know. The Orokin was very paranoid about the rise of AIs which was hinted in that story and their Seven Principles. The adaptable tech shown seems to hint at Sentient abilities but it's too simplistic to have them straight up evolved to be the Sentients as they are now since that means the Orokin failsafe just failed for insignificant reasons and that the Sentients somehow evolved to be more like humans/Orokins.

Also, little known lore since it was only mentioned in a split second: the Orokin were colonizing the Tau system. Your Operator would mention about the beauty of the system in the dialogue with Lotus. So the humans did reach the Tau system that was terraformed by proto-Sentients. The back story is probably more complicated than "sent adaptable machines to far away place, OMG they came back to invade!".

I just finished mission, hard but that ending made it all worth it, coupled with the music it was simply amazing, I think I almost cried lol...

Whoever is responsible for delivering this masterpiece, big congrats to you and I hope to see more of the style.