Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic balance for assimmetrical team deathmatch

----Legacy----

Just left a match where the reward score looked like this:

Spoiler

v3zFKIc.jpg

the match would have clearly been pretty tight if it wasn't because of a single reason. trying to fight one of them? there's someone else to punish you from afar. Managed to kill one of the enemies? it would be a shame if someone came just to finish you off and deny your oro

As much as I like to try to actually play, seeing these scenarios where trying to focus on a single target is easily punished by the rest of the enemy team, but trying to keep the whole enemy team at sight makes the match end in a constant run away with no fruits or actual fights is just frustrating. 

My suggestion is simple, when one team is smaller than the other, give the small team some buffs to prevent the from being easily stomped just because of the difference in numbers. maybe a smalldamage reduction, ehp increase, damage increase, anything small could do the work imo. I'm not good at numbers nor to provide a deeper idea but I'd like to see something like this added. This should also help a lot for those times when a team is being stomped and it's members star rage quitting one by one until the match becomes a 4 on 1 flesh and blood carnival.

PS: The player who did most of the killing on the enemy team was constantly killing my ivara with a single daikyu arrow across the map, while on the other hand I landed some daikyu arrows on his ivara across the map too, with the difference that his ivara always managed to survive and run away while I had to do the same since his teammate usually caught me up and wouldn't allow me to focus on finish him off... How's that possible? 

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

My suggestion is simple, when one team is smaller than the other, give the small team some buffs to prevent the from being easily stomped just because of the difference in numbers. maybe a smalldamage reduction, ehp increase, damage increase, anything small could do the work imo. I'm not good at numbers nor to provide a deeper idea but I'd like to see something like this added. This should also help a lot for those times when a team is being stomped and it's members star rage quitting one by one until the match becomes a 4 on 1 flesh and blood carnival.

Preposterous.
Any such buff would disrupt the game's balancing.
And what if the larger team contains players who are idle, or players who are Helen Keller?
Should we punish the active players by tilting balance against them?

It would more sensible to simply change the respawn timers.
For example, an outnumbering team could be given an increased respawn timer of up to twenty or thirty seconds, depending on the player ratio.
And the outnumbered team could be given shortened respawn timers.
Kills scored by the undermanned team would then have a more significant effect on the map, and members of that team would be able to return to the action faster.

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

The player... on the enemy team was constantly killing my ivara with a single daikyu arrow across the map, while on the other hand I landed some daikyu arrows on his ivara across the map too, with the difference that his ivara always managed to survive... How's that possible? 

Possibly Navigator and a heavy Ivara.

5 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

PS: The player who did most of the killing on the enemy team was constantly killing my ivara with a single daikyu arrow across the map, while on the other hand I landed some daikyu arrows on his ivara across the map too, with the difference that his ivara always managed to survive and run away while I had to do the same since his teammate usually caught me up and wouldn't allow me to focus on finish him off... How's that possible? 

Is the next mod equipped on your daikyu?

SpringLoadedBroadhead.png

If you do, then it's most likely a heavy ivara using navigator just like SevenLetterKWord said, otherwise SLB might should help with your problem.

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

For example, an outnumbering team could be given an increased respawn timer of up to twenty or thirty seconds, depending on the player ratio.
Kills scored by the undermanned team would then have a more significant effect on the map, and members of that team would be able to return to the action faster.

I can't disagree with this idea. I'd personally prefer increased spawn timer for the outnumbering team, over reduced spawn timer for the outnumbered one. The first rewards the outnumbered team for keeping their enemies at bay, while imo, the latter punishes them for having less players and gives the outnumbering team more chances to kill them and finish the match earlier. How balanced the match gets with a change like this depends a lot on how longer or shorter get the timers anyways.

Hopefully we get something like that soon. (Preferably a not so long soon if possible)

Edited by Stormdragon

On 12/4/2017 at 0:17 AM, SevenLetterKWord said:

I like this idea +1!

On 12/4/2017 at 3:09 AM, Stormdragon said:

Is the next mod equipped on your daikyu?

SpringLoadedBroadhead.png

I realized it's existence shortly after the match. A mod providing such a great advantage over other players should be available at PVP rank 2 to give players better chances of fighting back against the skilled players. thanks!